Printing datawindow contents to a file at Runtime.

I am trying to print a data window's contennts to a file.  I have a report
style datawindow and would like it to print it to a file in my program
instead of the user having to select print to a file.  Is there any way to
do this?  I would like the report printed to a file and the user not even
know that a datawindow is there.  Can this be done?

Thanks,
TheOne

0
Theone
3/2/1998 4:18:58 AM
sybase.power++.datawindow 589 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In the Power++ Online Documentation Contents open the DataWindow Control
for ActiveX Programming Reference.  Then open Datawindow Object Properties,
and then the DataWindow link.  Then scroll down to Print.property.  In
there you will find that if you set the Filename property it will print the
datawindow to a file instead of to the printer.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

Thanx
theone

0
Theone
3/5/1998 1:20:54 AM
Have you tried an RTF datawindow?  It allows the bitmaps to be placed on it
and I believe you can then save the dw to RTF format.  Haven't had to save
to RTF myself.  May not be available though.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC
Theone wrote:

> I am trying to print a data window's contennts to a file.  I have a
> report
> style datawindow and would like it to print it to a file in my program
>
> instead of the user having to select print to a file.  Is there any
> way to
> do this?  I would like the report printed to a file and the user not
> even
> know that a datawindow is there.  Can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
> TheOne

If you haven't done so already, make the place the DataWindow on
your form and make it invisible.  If you want to print to a file perhaps

you can set up a with a name that you know that prints to a file.  It's
just a matter of switch that printer to be the default printer while
the DataWindow() is printing.  I have done this for printing receipts
and can give an example of switching the default printer if you'd like.

Best regards,

Jeff

0
Jeff