How to change a column Style at running time for datawindow

I have a datawindown with a couple of columns on it.
I would like to display one of column in a different Style under different
situation.
e.g. I want column A to display in a DropDownDW Style when user click on
"Browse" button, and I want column A to display in a Edit Style when user click
on "Insert" button.

I really appreciate if you can show me how?

0
Hope
4/28/1998 3:40:48 PM
sybase.power++.datawindow 589 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Changing N-Up datawindow at run time
I have an N-Up datawindow which I would like to change at runtime. Specifically I would like to change the Datawindow.Rows_Per_Detail property to match the number of rows retrieved, then duplicate the column and text objects for each row. According to the PB help, Modify cannot change this property. SyntaxFromSQL can, but it does not allow you to create the N-Up presentation style. I have seen a couple of PBDJ articles that suggest this is possible, but I can't see how to do it. I've tried using dot notation, Modify, and SyntaxFromSQL (with style(type=N-Up)), but I get e...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Change the edit style of column at run-time!!!
Just set the properties of the new edit style. For instance to change to a checkbox, then something like dw_1.Modify("colname.CheckBox.3D=Yes colname.CheckBox.Off='N' colname.Checkbox.On='Y' colname.CheckBox.Text='Your text goes here' ") HTH Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Savvoulidis Iordanis" <mail@2tee-loutr.kor.sch.gr> wrote in message news:JFx7ivM0BHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Problem with DataWindow Size Change at Run-Time
I've noticed that the size of DataWindows is larger at run-time than at design time. At design time, I align several DataWindows together nicely in a form, but when I run my application with the form, all DataWindows grow in size and they don't fit in the form anymore. Any ideas? I'm using Optima++ 1.5. Ying Xie ...

Problem with DataWindow Size Change at Run-Time
I've noticed that the size of DataWindows is larger at run-time than at design time. At design time, I align several DataWindows together nicely in a form, but when I run my application with the form, all DataWindows grow in size and they don't fit in the form anymore. Any ideas? I'm using Optima++ 1.5. Ying Xie ...

How to add a new column on a datawindow at run-time?
Hi, I work on PB8. I have got a datawindow and the display number of columns can be various as user should be able to add a new column or remove an existing column. How easy to do it without re-building the datawindow at run-time? I could not find any method on datawindow to add new column. Please help! CX Create the datawindow with all columns and just make certain columns invisible. You can dynamically create it or remove columns at runtime. But the easiest way is to just make in invisible. Unless they can export it, then you will have to remove the column. To add a...

changing style type for a column on run time?
Hello... Using Powerbuilder 7: I have a Window which contains a Data Window control. The Data Window control has two relevant columns: column_a and column_b. At design time, column_b has Edit on Style Type. On runtime, if column_a has a certain specific value, I would like column_b to have the Style Type changed to a DropDownDW using dw_Source as DataWindow, c_display as Display Column, c_Store as Data Column, Always Show Arrow Selected and VScrollBar Selected... If column_a has any other value, I want column_b back to Edit as Style Type. Is this possible? How is the s...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

How to change a column's Style at run time
I have a datawindown with a couple of columns on it. I would like to display column A in a different Style under different situations. e.g. display column A in "DropDownDW" style when a user click on "Browse" button and display it in "Edit" style when a user click on "Insert" button. I really appreciate if you can show me how. ...

Invalid Datawindow Row/Column error at run time
Hello, My PB 9 application freezes or hangs every time I come accross an instance or this. If I run the the App thru PB I get the error. Thru the executeable it just hangs. (this never happened in PB 7) Any suggestions other than fixing every possible instance of bad code (which would be the best way to go, but the longest as this is a big App). Thanks, Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup as this group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase Plan on attending the Seventh Annual Sybase Tools Seminar http://...

Changing datawindow column edit.style types on-the-fly
I'm trying to dynamically change the edit.style for a column based on a certain condition. The desired column should be either a standard edit control or a drop-down datawindow. If I try accessing the edit.style property via dot-notation, it seems to consistently raise an error. I've resorted to trying to use the dw modify to change the edit style and seem to be getting a little further along. The code I'm using so far is as follows: idw_main.modify("action_item_option.Edit.Style = dddw") idw_main.modify =("action_item_option.dddw.datawindow ...

How can I AutoResize the width of a column in a grid datawindow at run time
When i have a grid datawindow at run time i wand to autosize the column width according to the max real size of the column. For example, the field city is varchar(50) or char(50) but the maximun real size of the field is char(6) because the maximun string in this field is "Athens". So, can I fix the column city to have width for six char which is the real maximun size of all the values in the column instead of char(50) at run time. thanks in advance Hi, a simple methode and low ressource, use a proportional font for example Courier. All lettre as the same Width. ...

How to change a column's Style at run time for datawindown
I have a datawindown with a couple columns on it. I would like to display column A in a different Style under different situations at running time. e.g. I would like column A to display DropDownDW Style when user click on the "Browse" button and display Edit Style when user click on the "Insert" button. I really appreciated if you can show me how. Hope wrote: > > I have a datawindown with a couple columns on it. > I would like to display column A in a different Style > under different situations at running time. > e.g. I would like column A to...

Web resources about - How to change a column Style at running time for datawindow - sybase.power++.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo