Printing datawindow contents to a file at Runtime.

I am trying to print a data window's contennts to a file.  I have a report
style datawindow and would like it to print it to a file in my program
instead of the user having to select print to a file.  Is there any way to
do this?  I would like the report printed to a file and the user not even
know that a datawindow is there.  Can this be done?

Thanks,
TheOne

0
Theone
3/2/1998 4:18:58 AM
sybase.power++.database 932 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In the Power++ Online Documentation Contents open the DataWindow Control
for ActiveX Programming Reference.  Then open Datawindow Object Properties,
and then the DataWindow link.  Then scroll down to Print.property.  In
there you will find that if you set the Filename property it will print the
datawindow to a file instead of to the printer.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

Thanx
theone

0
Theone
3/5/1998 1:20:54 AM
Have you tried an RTF datawindow?  It allows the bitmaps to be placed on it
and I believe you can then save the dw to RTF format.  Haven't had to save
to RTF myself.  May not be available though.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC
Theone wrote:

> I am trying to print a data window's contennts to a file.  I have a
> report
> style datawindow and would like it to print it to a file in my program
>
> instead of the user having to select print to a file.  Is there any
> way to
> do this?  I would like the report printed to a file and the user not
> even
> know that a datawindow is there.  Can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
> TheOne

If you haven't done so already, make the place the DataWindow on
your form and make it invisible.  If you want to print to a file perhaps

you can set up a with a name that you know that prints to a file.  It's
just a matter of switch that printer to be the default printer while
the DataWindow() is printing.  I have done this for printing receipts
and can give an example of switching the default printer if you'd like.

Best regards,

Jeff

0
Jeff

Datawindow
Printing the datawindow to a print file (.prn) does not work. This worked fine in PB 6.5. I migrated the application from PB 6.5 to 8.0.2(build 9506) , and printing to a print file(.prn) does not work any longer but instead it prints to the printer. (In the print dialog box, I check the 'Print to file' check box inorder to print to a print file. ) Following is the code: s_printdlgattrib lstr_printdlg ll_rc = dw_rpt.event pfc_printdlg (lstr_printdlg) ll_printJob = PRINTOPEN() FOR j=1 to li_nbrpages // dw_rpt is inherited from u_dw ...

How to "Print" contents of a datawindow to a file/clipboard instead of a printer
I'm trying to let users copy the output to a file so that they can attach it to their e-mail and send it out. The methods I used (SaveAS, Copy, etc.) only include data but not the design format of the data window object. Essentially, I want the printed output to go to some other medium instead of the printer. Is that doable? Thanks in advance. Have you considered generating a PDF document? PDF will retain all the formatting attributes of the datawindow and can be accessed by anyone running the freely available Acrobat Reader software from Adobe. SDN (see link below) has a PB...

How to create zip file from the file contents in bytes from database
Hi, i have an application where i need to make a zip file from file contents stored in SQL server database. i am getting each file contents in bytes Example: i have candidate table with 4 columns CandidateId, Name, documentType, ResumeContent, i have a query which returns CandidateId, Candidate Name, documentType(.doc, .pdf), document contents in bytes using DataReader, steps need to be done as per my plan 1. i need to create one Blank Zip File.  2. Read each file contents in bytes and create a file entry (not physical file) with file name (CandidateName_CandidateId...

Extract Content of a DBF file and Print to .txt file
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C22FF5.30CC8D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How would I write a program to extract contents of a DBF file and print = the contents out in a text file that can be opened in Word and edited. Cory Moore Campaign Manager Pat Ahumada for Congress www.patforcongress.com www.americanvirtue.com ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C22FF5.30CC8D00-- ...

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Greetings, I have just arrived back into the country (NZ) and back into ASP.NET.  I am having trouble with the following:An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. It has only begun since i decided i wanted to use IIS, I realise VWD comes with its own localhost, but since it is only temporary, i wanted a permanent shortcut on my desktop to link to my intranet page.  Anyone have any ideas why i am getting the above error? have...

Print Datawindow Problem Using PSR File w/ Print Prompt Enabled
I have written a PSR viewer. I looked at the one in the Power++ samples but wanted one with an MDI interface. My problem occurs when I attempt to print the datawindow by calling the Print method. If the current PSR file was saved from a datawindow which had the "Prompt before printing" attribute set to 'yes' then after the printer setup window is dismissed I get the following errors: Running from the executable .... "Application error" The instruction at '0x5f60dc55' referenced memory at '0x00877000'. The memory could not be &quo...

datawindow.print() to a file
We have created a nice datawindow customized to our needs. We use it to obtain data as a report, and it includes page headers, titles, groups, etc. Using datawindow.print() we can get it printed on paper. We want know to get the same result that we get on the paper, but in a file (word document, html or similar) so we can edit it and print it later. We have tried redirecting the printout to a file, but there we only get it on the printer format, which is unreadable, and usefull only to be printed in the same printer sometime later. How can we do that? Thanks Mariel You c...

Datawindow ( Print to a File )
We are developing an application that runs in both Window NT and Sun Solaris (Unix). Our team tried to generate a report from the datawindow that prints to a file using the datawindow modify command "dw_1.Object.Print.Filename". When we run the report in NT we cannot view it using a PostScript File Viewer but when we run it on Unix we can view it, but the problem is that the font sizes becomes larger than expected. We would like to know what file format does PoweBuilder generates when we print a datawindow to a file using "dw_1.Object.Print.Filename" property. An...

Print DataWindow in File
I need to print a DataWindow in a File. The DataWindow in the File should have the same appearance as on the screen. A Bitmap-File is a solution, but the quality of Bitmap is low. With the function SaveAs() I can save the Rows, but not the format. Any ideas ? Jens Gaedtke On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 06:25:18 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Jens Gaedtke <jens.gaedtke@bertelsmann.de> wrote: >I need to print a DataWindow in a File. The DataWindow in the File should >have the same appearance as on the screen. A Bitmap-File is a solution, but >the qua...

Printing datawindows to a file?
Greatings, I have a small delema, I have loop that prints a report for every row, so I open a job(PrintOpen()) so that all the dw_printouts accumulate in one job but before I print I would like to be able to capture that whole batch of printouts(job) in a .psr file, for later printing. Take care. -- Jorge DM. Sybase SPS [Spain] ...

Print Datawindow Problem Using PSR File w/ Print Prompt Enabled
I have written a PSR viewer. I looked at the one in the Power++ samples but wanted one with an MDI interface. My problem occurs when I attempt to print the datawindow by calling the Print method. If the current PSR file was saved from a datawindow which had the "Prompt before printing" attribute set to 'yes' then after the printer setup window is dismissed I get the following errors: Running from the executable .... "Application error" The instruction at '0x5f60dc55' referenced memory at '0x00877000'. The memory could not be &quo...

Printing content from database
Hi there, I have a treeview in my page with checkboxes as the leaf nodes.When the user selects items in the checkbox and clicks print, i need to fetch some related text from the Database and print them. My issue is - window.print does not help me in this because when the client function is called, the text from the DB is not fetched yet to print. the lines that matter in my javascript read like this - var treepage= window.open();var txtPrintable =[ -- name of the control which has the text]; treepage.document.writeln(document.getElementById(txtPrintable).innerHTML ); window.prin...

Web resources about - Printing datawindow contents to a file at Runtime. - sybase.power++.database

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo