Maximum Number of Connections Reached - HELP!

I get the following message when I run my program using
Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5
I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries
destroyed.  I've increase the following using sp_configure
number of remote connections        3103
number of user connections              732
I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help
Please!!!!!!!

SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR

 State S1000 Native Code 6
[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():
user api layer: external error: The maximum number of
connections have already been opened.

0
Tina
8/19/1998 7:04:10 PM
sybase.power++.database 932 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached.
Is there any reason I wouldn't want to increase the Maximum number of inbound connections to 60 or 80? Quite often my MTA displays this message. The server is a dual P4 3 Ghz machine and has 1197MB of available memory. It's CPU utilization is often below 10%. I would think I'd be safe to increase that number but for some reason I remember reading that 40 is set as the Max for a good reason. Go ahead and bump it. <jfmoots@marysville.k12.oh.us> wrote in message news:uHTHh.1432$1q5.53@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is there any reason I wouldn't want ...

NNTP error: Maximum number of connections reached
A News (NNTP) error occurred: Maximum number of connections reached. (newsfe08.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2) I have started getting the above error message from my cox.net NNTP server. I use Cox, Mozilla, and Microsoft news servers, but only get the error message on the Cox server. Is there a setting in Seamonkey that I'm missing? BTW, I've used the Cox server for several years and just started getting this error. I think it's a Cox problem and have requested support, but thought I'd attack the problem from this side as well. Thanks, -- Tom - Vista, CA TO...

MTA: Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached
I am having a problem that suddenly appeared yesterday. On several of my secondary MTA's I'm getting repeated messages "Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached," and the primary MTA reports that these secondary domains are closed for long periods of time. My GW system is set up as such: Primary domain w/ GWIA; 52 secondary domains w/ 1 PO each (1 per geographic location -- yeah, I know it's a lot); 1 secondary domain w/ WebAcc; 6000+ users total. I'm running a mix of GW 7.0.2 HP2 and GW 7.0.3 on NW 6.5.6 (eDir 8.8.1) servers; I have been in th...

GW5.5 MTA
Hi We have a Primary MTA which constantly reaches its maximum number of inbound connections ONLY when a particular secondary MTA and its post office are open. When this happens all email traffic through the primary MTA ceases. We have rebuilt the Primary MTA database, Secondary MTA database and post office database with no effect. We have also tried everything on TID10010967 except swapping out the server memory. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Nigel Sounds like a comms problem to me. Might be worth looking at the TIDs on TCP trouble s...

how to solve this error? "SQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030"
Hi, I'm quite new to .NET and I'm facing this error message now...I have a webpage that displays the results from a db2 database table with datagrid, and so as to keep it "updated", the webpage refreshes.After sometime, it'll tell me this errorSQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030..... Line 649: Dim dbConn As New OleDbConnection(ConnectionString) 'adoDBConnection used in BindGrid Line 650: dbConn.Open()In my code, for every1)Dim adoConnection As ADODB.Connection = getConn()Dim adoConnectionString As String = Sp...

Database Connections, determine the maximum, can the maximum be changed?
I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere Version 8.0.2.4411. Is there a limit to the number of database connections? I know that the number of licensed seats or how many clients are connected is different than the number of database connections held by the various clients. I know that db_property('ConnCount') will show the number of current database connections; I am interested in learning how to determine the maximum, and if the maximum is a setting that can be changed. Thank you, Dona McElroy On the network server, the maximum number of connections to one server is about ...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Setting the maximum number of connection
How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers. I am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect that came with it. I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to find the solution. Help! Thank you, Oliver Hi Oliver, jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation. So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation. So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection pooling. You need to implement that yourself or ...

Limit Number of Database connections
Hi, Using EAS 4.2.5, on Solaris. Is ther a way to limit the number of database connections opened through the connection cache propertie in 4.2.5. I have been told This can be done in the settings for the connection cache in 5.0. We are have set the max connection pool size in the connection cache properties but have been told that this does physically limit how many connections can be opened. Basically we have set max connections to 70, but DBA monitoring the Oracle db we are connecting to has seen 300 to 1500 open connections. Eventually no more connections can be opened ...

Web resources about - Maximum Number of Connections Reached - HELP! - sybase.power++.database

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...