Windows Mobile 5.0 (application won't run)

Hi,

A client of ours bought an HP iPaq 2190 and is not able to run our
application.
I tried it myself, after a hard reset and a new install, the application
still doesn't run.

If I click the shortcut, nothing happens, exept for the amount of free
memory, it decreases each time I click the icon until no more mermory is
available.

Any ideas?

0
Icecube
1/9/2006 4:27:31 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PocketBuilder version??
We didn't support WM-5 until 2.0.3
(we had to make changes for one Microsoft bug and another
for a "change in behavior")
Regards,
Reed Shilts
PocketBuilder Development Manager
<Standard-Disclaimers-Apply/>

On 9 Jan 2006 08:27:31 -0800, "Icecube" <ice@cube.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A client of ours bought an HP iPaq 2190 and is not able to run our
>application.
>I tried it myself, after a hard reset and a new install, the application
>still doesn't run.
>
>If I click the shortcut, nothing happens, exept for the amount of free
>memory, it decreases each time I click the icon until no more mermory is
>available.
>
>Any ideas?

0
Reed
1/9/2006 5:56:45 PM
hmm, what are you doing before you display your window?

Maybe it would be great to build in a check that the app is already
running and if the user clicks again on your app icon display a
MessageBox 'App already running' and ending after that?

On 9 Jan 2006 08:27:31 -0800, "Icecube" <ice@cube.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A client of ours bought an HP iPaq 2190 and is not able to run our
>application.
>I tried it myself, after a hard reset and a new install, the application
>still doesn't run.
>
>If I click the shortcut, nothing happens, exept for the amount of free
>memory, it decreases each time I click the icon until no more mermory is
>available.
>
>Any ideas?

0
Berndt
1/9/2006 5:57:06 PM
Before... checking for a DSN file (if it does not exist, I create one)
Connection to database...
DSN file is not created on this pocket pc

"Berndt Hamboeck [TeamSybase]" <bhamboec@gmx.at> schreef in bericht
> hmm, what are you doing before you display your window?
>
> Maybe it would be great to build in a check that the app is already
> running and if the user clicks again on your app icon display a
> MessageBox 'App already running' and ending after that?
>
> On 9 Jan 2006 08:27:31 -0800, "Icecube" <ice@cube.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>A client of ours bought an HP iPaq 2190 and is not able to run our
>>application.
>>I tried it myself, after a hard reset and a new install, the application
>>still doesn't run.
>>
>>If I click the shortcut, nothing happens, exept for the amount of free
>>memory, it decreases each time I click the icon until no more mermory is
>>available.
>>
>>Any ideas?

0
Icecube
1/10/2006 8:07:25 AM
Found it, seems that there were a few old dll's in my cab file....
Sorry, this thread can be ignored

"Icecube" <ice@cube.com> schreef in bericht news:43c36b3d$1@forums-1-dub...
> Before... checking for a DSN file (if it does not exist, I create one)
> Connection to database...
> DSN file is not created on this pocket pc
>

> "Berndt Hamboeck [TeamSybase]" <bhamboec@gmx.at> schreef in bericht
>> hmm, what are you doing before you display your window?
>>
>> Maybe it would be great to build in a check that the app is already
>> running and if the user clicks again on your app icon display a
>> MessageBox 'App already running' and ending after that?
>>
>> On 9 Jan 2006 08:27:31 -0800, "Icecube" <ice@cube.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>A client of ours bought an HP iPaq 2190 and is not able to run our
>>>application.
>>>I tried it myself, after a hard reset and a new install, the application
>>>still doesn't run.
>>>
>>>If I click the shortcut, nothing happens, exept for the amount of free
>>>memory, it decreases each time I click the icon until no more mermory is
>>>available.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?

0
Icecube