Wifi connection and database connection

What is the solution to recovering the connection to a
remote database (i.e. in a wifi environment due to loss of
coverage or in case the machine goes into standby)?

Could we check for specific SQLDBCodes?
Do we need to destroy the SQLCA or is there a workaround?
0
RNB
4/1/2010 6:14:56 AM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

not connected when I am connected

How do connect your page to your database connection?
How do connect your page to your database connection? I have created a page, default.aspx. I have created a database connection to an Access database. I see the connection in the little database window on the right hand side of WebMatrix--okay, now how to I get my page, default.aspx, to connect to the connection? Web.config file? If so, how do I config the config file using the WYSIWYG interface of WebMatirx? Or if there is another way to set this up? I know how to do this in Dreamweaver MX, but WebMatrix is still baffling to me. How much of it truly is a WYSIWYG and how much...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

During connection lost, how to close database connection
I'm using TidTCPServer OnExecute method. When client connect to server, I create Database connection with Unidac to PostGreSQL (connection ceated and handled inside onExecute). Problem is when the connection to client is lost, the connection to database does'nt disappear. When cheking from PostGRE pgAdmin there is several connections more than what we have clients. I have tried to put dbConnect.close or FreeandNil(dbConnect) or dbConnect.Free in try.. except.. end except block. But it looks like when the connection is lost, the thread stop/collaps and the database connection stay...

Why does connection connect to Master instead of my database?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006D_01CADAEF.B8BC7D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable No matter what combination I try, unless we issue an "Execute immediate = 'use PBTestCompat'" after the connection is made, the connection is made = to the Master database instead of to the PBTestCompat database. 1. In this scenario the connection is made to the "Master" database = instead of PBTestCompat. To get around this we issue "Execute immediate = ...

database connection failed with connection cache
I have a connection cache on jag 3.6.1 using com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.sybdrives. I am able to ping the connection in jag manager. My problem is in PowerJ 3.6.1. I setup a transaction object using the database wizard(very cool), change it to use a cache and even find the connection cache on the server. when I try to test the connection, I first select a profile jconnect5 and try the connection. I get this error: database connection failed jz006: cought a IoException java.net.connectionException connection refused, no further info. any ideas would be great! You can only...

Database Explorer not connecting in VWD 2005 express client 'connect to database'
I see red X over the database ASPNETDB.MDF. I went through a config. problem with sql server 2008 express client decided to retun to my original SQL server 2005 express client. This is now configured and I connect to my remote SQL server 2005 account. But I use to be able to connect also with my VWD 2005 express client and I could see all my object files, tables logins etc. it was great, now I can't connect I get this error when I choose data source>MS SQL server/.net framework data provider for SQL server>server name>authority>database name...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

Problem to connect to ASA database with WLAN connection
Hi, I develop a pocketbuilder application on a Windows CE mobile. I want to connect the mobile directly to a ASA database on the network. When I try the connection, I have nothing... I wait... For the moment, the database is on my PC and ping to my PC works. Perhaps I have problem with memory or with the definition of my DSN File. DSN File: [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(HOST=194.124.250.130;port=2638) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Thanks for your help. Ang�lique How have you started the database engine on your PC? Did you use...

connection are not removing from database after connection.colse method
Hi, in my application i have not used connection pooling.what i done is make a new connection at page load event and every time when i goto database i used if con.state=connectionstate.closed then  con.open() end if ' do something if con.state=connectionstate.open() then con.close() end if i think this method should open a database connection and then remove this connection but this connection is not removingfrom current activity in sql server 2000 so one by one it is making 150 connection then as usually error comes of maximum connection i mean when i am closing connecti...

Web resources about - Wifi connection and database connection - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...