Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow?

0
kibokochui
12/1/2004 7:20:32 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jim O'Neal of Team Sybase respond to my request on DW.Net
newsgroup that there is no plan for DataWindow.Net for
Compact .Net Framework.  Datawindow.Net is still unmanaged
code and .Net Compact Framwork does not support unmanaged
code.

PocketPowerBuilder is for Pocket PC.  I woner why would I
care for its .Net version!  Datawindow (not DW.Net) of
Pocket PB works on Pocket PC with Pocket PowerBuilder.

Regards.
0
Harshad

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

How do I deploy ASP.NET that have datawindow.net ?
I have been ask many question but never have response. T_T I follow the programmer's guide and use automatic tools to generate .MSI installer. for copying the dll to the server. i did that. and restart the server. when i browse the web, its a good think no error is prompted (like before i install the .MSI). but instead, now its loading forever. just like its loading something that is so big. i wait for 30min. yet nothing happen. what is the problem actually ? thank you, folks. ...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). ...

DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? Thanks. Harshad No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC. PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same datawindow objects to that platform. On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote: >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? > >Thanks. >Harshad Sorry for harping on the same string. Since...

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

No DataWindows .Net Tab in Visual Studio .Net
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've installed DataWindows .Net on a machine already running Visual Studio .Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro). No Errors or complaints during the installation. There is no DataWindow .Net Tab in the Tools window in .Net.....trying to Add Components....No Sybase Datawindows .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow Designer works Fine. Also have PowerBuilder 8.0 on the same machine and that works fine as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add Components, brows...

DataWindow.NET not on ASP.NET web site
On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be listed there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention Bob. -- John Strano Sybase Technology Evangelist <Bob Bowles> wrote in message news:45369821.492e.1681692777@sybase.com... > On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the > Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be > listed there! ...

Problem VB.NET 2003 and DataWindows.net
Greetings: When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control to my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message: DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll Can someone advise how to resolve this problem? Thanks Hello, I am having the exact same problem. Is it even possible to use Datawindow 2.0 in Vb.Net 2003? If so what's the trick? DW .NET installed fine but the controls on the tool box don't show up. I tried adding DLL's both ways as a .NET and a COM component but neither worked. Any ...

Datawindow .Net and Web Matrix ASP.Net
Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of VS.Net? DataWindow .NET 1.0 does not support WebForms applications. Version 1.5 which should be available in Beta by the end of this month should work with WebMatrix. We'll have to make sure we test that platform. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 3 Nov 2004 17:42:43 -0800, Robert A wrote: >Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of >VS.Net...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET #2
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). No, it is not possible. DW .NET has an unmanaged code layer that is not applicable to CE .NET. On 31 Jan 2005 04:01:10 -0800, nagyj wrote: >It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? >When >I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I >can't >see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, >Datastore,...). Checkout Sybase'...

MS .Net Gridview vs DataWindow.Net
Hello. I thought I would write "my two cents" about the Datawindow and the supplied GridView control in .Net 2005. I have been reviewing the DataWindow.Net functionality. My background is Powerbuilder programmer and current C# .Net developer. Having written Asp.Net applications using the GridView, it is safe to say that the DataWindow.Net is far superior control. The Microsoft community has no concept of what a "Datawindow" is. The idea of displaying/editing/adding/deleting records in a form with one save command is a foreign concept. The Gridview contro...

Datawindow.NET control on ASP.NET Webform
Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I import DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. your help and insight is highly appreciated. Thanks, Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I use imported DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. Like to know the feasibility of using it on a web form and customisi...

Web resources about - Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow? - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles