ODBC Connection

Will I be able to access a Centura SQLBase database via ODBC
in the next release of PocketBuilder?  I have an application
that I need to pull information from an existing database
realtime.  I know I can do this right now by setting up a
web server and accessing it through an HTML page, but I
would like to make it more robust and use PocketBuilder if
possible.

TIA,
Wayne
0
Wayne
1/9/2004 6:48:49 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PPB 2.0 will include ADOce support, so you should be able to connect to your
SQLBase db.

Berndt

On 9 Jan 2004 10:48:49 -0800,
 in sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
 <Wayne> wrote:
>Will I be able to access a Centura SQLBase database via ODBC
>in the next release of PocketBuilder?  I have an application
>that I need to pull information from an existing database
>realtime.  I know I can do this right now by setting up a
>web server and accessing it through an HTML page, but I
>would like to make it more robust and use PocketBuilder if
>possible.
>
>TIA,
>Wayne
0
Berndt

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

CONNECTION ODBC
EXCUSE ME , I'M NEW IN POWER BUILDER, AND I GET A PROBLEM WHEN THE USER MAKES AN ERROR WHEN HE WRITES HIS PASSWORD, AN ODBC DIALOG OPENS,AND I DON'T WANT IT, I WOULD LIKE ONLY THE MESSAGE APPEARS, THANK YOU Use ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT' For example, // Profile Test Cases SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=ASA 8.0 Sample;UID=dba;PWD=sql',ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMP T'" -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere ...

Connecting through ODBC
I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting through perl express. My guess I also need to download the dbi module. Sean Sugrue, Sean wrote: > > I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl > express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering > if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting > through perl express. My guess I also need to download t...

ODBC Cannot Connect
Hi team Our current environment is ASE 11.5.1, coupled with PowerDynamo 3.0, Powersite 7.1, Jaguar CTS 3.0, running on WINNT 4.0.(sp4) WE have a powerbuilder .pbl object being accessed by Jaguar, he PB object is connecting to ASE 11.5 to retrieve information and jaguar then formats and publishes. This environment is running O.K but I have replicated the setup on another server and installed ASE 12.0 and the system no longers works, I receive the following error message - ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 ***** Cannot connect! An invalid handle was passed in a call to the dat...

odbc connection
I am after a way in PB to automatically create a ODBC datasource connection ?? Can someone point me in the right direction. ***************************************************** John Pallister Network Logic ph: 9687-8800, <mailto:johnp@netlogic.com.au> ****************************************************** On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:22:43 +1100, "John Pallister" <johnp@networklogic.com.au> wrote: >I am after a way in PB to automatically create a ODBC datasource connection >?? Can someone point me in the right direction. You will need to hav...

ODBC Connectivity
Hi, Here in one of our application we are using following configuration 1. Server Dtls : Sybase 12.5 ASE Server 64 bit 2. GUI Language : VB6 3. Connectivity : through ODBC ( DSN connection) 4. OS: Compaq Tru 64 Digital Unix version 5.1A We have VB Application which connects to ASE through ODBC Driver. But the its working slow . Is there any other way to connect ASE without the help of ODBC driver. regards Subhadip Basu DBA Usha Martin Telecom (A Hutchison Telekom JV) I do not think there is other way, but using the old DB-library. That's the price yo...

ODBC cannot connect
Hi, I am trying to connect to ASA 6.0.4 ebf 3795 from W2k SP2 over Dial-up network and through a router. All works fine if I use Sybase Central but ODBC gives different error messages when testing the connection depending on having given PORT and/or UseUDP=NO parameters. The connection worked earlier when I used NT4.0. I have read those articles about the subject in Sybase site but could not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Rgs. Pauli Sammalisto ...

odbc connectivity
 dear i have odbc DBconnection. and i made through DSN. the prolem is that i have 2 application that and both are  used this Database continously . this problem is that when one application used this Database so other application (web client) give arror that the dbc is already in use. so tell me how can i make my obdc connetion so both application and a web clint access this database.i ma uing like..  cn = new OdbcConnection("dsn=DB;uid=;pwd=;"); Let me know first that which database you are connecting through DSN, You can use oledb connection, On below link few e...

ODBC connection
I have an application which interfaces with another vendor's application. His application uses three paradox tables to store some names. I have to read the table to allow my application to have an up-to-date list without having to re-key it every time there is an update from him. What I need to know is how to dynamically connect to the database. I can not assume his program is installed in the same location on everyone of my clients machines. I need to be able to connect to it no matter what the path location. There is no documentation in the P++ manual that says how to do...

Connect ODBC
Hi all, When I try to connect to a SQL anywhere 10 database through ODBC with the instruction Connect using SQLCA; If the user and password supplied by the user in the script are not correct then the client Library Login dialog box displays to prompt for the missing or wrong information. Is any way to avoid that? I just want that my program asks 3 times for the correct user and password and then quit. Thanks a lot. Lookup ConnectOption in the PB help file. You'll want the option SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT. <Manel> wrote in message news:486ebc1b.2afd.1681692777@syb...

Connect with ODBC
I have a problem to configure ODBC drivers in Windows 95. I receive the message "System Error 1157" when i try add an ODBC DSN. My ODBC drivers are version INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 (get with PB70). What's this?? Help, please!! Thanks marciamoreira@sisne.com.br That error typically indicates a path issue. Make sure that the setup/driver is in the location that the registry is pointing to: Check the registry key, e.g. for the DBase driver: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT dBASEFile (*.dbf)] "Driver"="C...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...