Mobilink SqlAnywhere 11

I migrated a pocketbuilder app from 2.0 and sql anywhere 9
to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to connect to a
database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003 [SYBASE][ODBC Driver
Loader]Unable to load driver dbodbc10.dll"

I imagine dbodbc10.dll is for sql anywhere 10 because I
found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.

How can I make powerbuilder use sql anywhere 11?
0
OCF
2/23/2009 5:52:12 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

By default, PK assumes the driver as dbodbc10.dll. Make sure that your
DSN (or connection) has an entry for DRIVER=<fullpath for dbodbc11.dll>.

OCF wrote:
> I migrated a pocketbuilder app from 2.0 and sql anywhere 9
> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to connect to a
> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003 [SYBASE][ODBC Driver
> Loader]Unable to load driver dbodbc10.dll"
>
> I imagine dbodbc10.dll is for sql anywhere 10 because I
> found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.
>
> How can I make powerbuilder use sql anywhere 11?
0
Chris
2/23/2009 6:33:45 PM
Ok, I added "driver=dbodbc11.dll" to my ConnectionString and
now I get the error "SQLSTATE = 08004 [SYBASE][ODBC
Driver][SQL Anywhere]Parse error: Cannot read .ini file"

I found an other post where someone was migrating to sql
anywhere 10 and the answer was to copy pkodb25.ini to the
applications directory. I tried this and still get the error
above.

Any ideas?

> I migrated a pocketbuilder app from 2.0 and sql anywhere 9
> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to connect to a
> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003 [SYBASE][ODBC Driver
> Loader]Unable to load driver dbodbc10.dll"
>
> I imagine dbodbc10.dll is for sql anywhere 10 because I
> found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.
>
> How can I make powerbuilder use sql anywhere 11?
0
OCF
2/23/2009 6:35:55 PM
Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root folder and retest?

OCF wrote:
> Ok, I added "driver=dbodbc11.dll" to my ConnectionString and
> now I get the error "SQLSTATE = 08004 [SYBASE][ODBC
> Driver][SQL Anywhere]Parse error: Cannot read .ini file"
>
> I found an other post where someone was migrating to sql
> anywhere 10 and the answer was to copy pkodb25.ini to the
> applications directory. I tried this and still get the error
> above.
>
> Any ideas?
>
>> I migrated a pocketbuilder app from 2.0 and sql anywhere 9
>> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to connect to a
>> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003 [SYBASE][ODBC Driver
>> Loader]Unable to load driver dbodbc10.dll"
>>
>> I imagine dbodbc10.dll is for sql anywhere 10 because I
>> found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.
>>
>> How can I make powerbuilder use sql anywhere 11?
0
Chris
2/23/2009 7:03:18 PM
"Chris Keating [Sybase iAnywhere]" <keating_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in
of sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:

CK> Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root folder and retest?

And show the complete DSN entry
--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

Case-Express - to report bugs
http://case-express.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

Documentation
http://dcx.sybase.com/

0
David
2/23/2009 7:17:35 PM
Thanks for the help Chris, I the dsn file was in the
applications root folder. I tried moving it to \Windows and
still got the same error.

> Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root folder
> and retest?
>
> OCF wrote:
> > Ok, I added "driver=dbodbc11.dll" to my ConnectionString
> > and now I get the error "SQLSTATE = 08004 [SYBASE][ODBC
> > Driver][SQL Anywhere]Parse error: Cannot read .ini file"
> >
> > I found an other post where someone was migrating to sql
> > anywhere 10 and the answer was to copy pkodb25.ini to
> > the applications directory. I tried this and still get
> > the error above.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> >> I migrated a pocketbuilder app from 2.0 and sql
> anywhere 9 >> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to
> connect to a >> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003
> [SYBASE][ODBC Driver >> Loader]Unable to load driver
> dbodbc10.dll" >>
> >> I imagine dbodbc10.dll is for sql anywhere 10 because I
> >> found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.
> >>
> >> How can I make powerbuilder use sql anywhere 11?
0
OCF
2/23/2009 7:19:44 PM
The DSN entry:
[ODBC]
driver=dbodbc11.dll
uid=dba
pwd=sql
enginename=ebill
databasename=ebill
databasefile=\Program Files\Sybase\ASA11\ebill.db
start=\Program Files\Sybase\ASA11\dbsrv11.exe

[Users]
userid=CAR_0C0R

> "Chris Keating [Sybase iAnywhere]"
> <keating_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in
> news:49a2f2f6$1@forums-1-dub  of
> sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:
>
> CK> Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root
> folder and retest?
>
> And show the complete DSN entry
> --
> David Fishburn
> Certified ASA Developer Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
> Professional Services
> Please only post to the newsgroup
> Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD
> number with  EACH post (dbeng11 -v).
>
> EBFs and Maintenance Releases
> http://downloads.sybase.com/
>
> Developer Community / Whitepapers
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> Case-Express - to report bugs
> http://case-express.sybase.com
>
> CodeXchange - Free samples

http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

> Documentation
> http://dcx.sybase.com/

0
OCF
2/23/2009 7:22:13 PM
When you state "applications root folder", do you mean in the same
directory as the exe? The root folder for CE is equivalent to c:\. It is
the directory from which the Windows folder is located.

That said, the section [Users] is odd. Can you remove it (and its
entries) and retest?

It may also be worth the effort to test with SQL Anywhere 11 Demo.dsn
and demo.db to see whether this is a problem specific to your
application. This is what I used for my test.

OCF wrote:
> Thanks for the help Chris, I the dsn file was in the
> applications root folder. I tried moving it to \Windows and
> still got the same error.
>
>> Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root folder
>> and retest?
>>
>> OCF wrote:
>>> Ok, I added "driver=dbodbc11.dll" to my ConnectionString
>>> and now I get the error "SQLSTATE = 08004 [SYBASE][ODBC
>>> Driver][SQL Anywhere]Parse error: Cannot read .ini file"
>>>
>>> I found an other post where someone was migrating to sql
>>> anywhere 10 and the answer was to copy pkodb25.ini to
>>> the applications directory. I tried this and still get
>>> the error above.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> anywhere 9 >> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to
>> connect to a >> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003
>> [SYBASE][ODBC Driver >> Loader]Unable to load driver
>> dbodbc10.dll" >>

0
Chris
2/23/2009 8:26:25 PM
Correct the same as the exe.. Moving it to root folder did
the trick!

thanks!!

> When you state "applications root folder", do you mean in
> the same  directory as the exe? The root folder for CE is
> equivalent to c:\. It is  the directory from which the
> Windows folder is located.
>
> That said, the section [Users] is odd. Can you remove it
> (and its  entries) and retest?
>
> It may also be worth the effort to test with SQL Anywhere
> 11 Demo.dsn  and demo.db to see whether this is a problem
> specific to your  application. This is what I used for my
> test.
>

> OCF wrote:
> > Thanks for the help Chris, I the dsn file was in the
> > applications root folder. I tried moving it to \Windows
> > and still got the same error.
> >
> >> Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root
> folder >> and retest?

> ConnectionString >>> and now I get the error "SQLSTATE =
> 08004 [SYBASE][ODBC >>> Driver][SQL Anywhere]Parse error:
> Cannot read .ini file" >>>
> sql >>> anywhere 10 and the answer was to copy pkodb25.ini
> to >>> the applications directory. I tried this and still
> get >>> the error above.

> >> anywhere 9 >> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try
> to >> connect to a >> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003
> >> [SYBASE][ODBC Driver >> Loader]Unable to load driver
> >> dbodbc10.dll" >>
> I >>>> found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.

0
OCF
2/23/2009 8:49:06 PM
Is there no way to specify a different directory other than
root?

> When you state "applications root folder", do you mean in
> the same  directory as the exe? The root folder for CE is
> equivalent to c:\. It is  the directory from which the
> Windows folder is located.
>
> That said, the section [Users] is odd. Can you remove it
> (and its  entries) and retest?
>
> It may also be worth the effort to test with SQL Anywhere
> 11 Demo.dsn  and demo.db to see whether this is a problem
> specific to your  application. This is what I used for my
> test.
>

> OCF wrote:
> > Thanks for the help Chris, I the dsn file was in the
> > applications root folder. I tried moving it to \Windows
> > and still got the same error.
> >
> >> Where is your DSN file? Can you move it to the root
> folder >> and retest?

> ConnectionString >>> and now I get the error "SQLSTATE =
> 08004 [SYBASE][ODBC >>> Driver][SQL Anywhere]Parse error:
> Cannot read .ini file" >>>
> sql >>> anywhere 10 and the answer was to copy pkodb25.ini
> to >>> the applications directory. I tried this and still
> get >>> the error above.

> >> anywhere 9 >> to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try
> to >> connect to a >> database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003
> >> [SYBASE][ODBC Driver >> Loader]Unable to load driver
> >> dbodbc10.dll" >>
> I >>>> found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory.

0
OCF

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

11 #11
Name: André Luiz F. Mchado Email: an_luizdotfathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 5 Summary: 11 Comments: Is the very best!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 GranParadiso/3.0a1 ...

Mobilink 11
Hi all, I am running my scripts through SQL Anywhere 11 and I get this error message when starting my Mobilink server: E. 2008-07-21 15:34:46. <Main> [-10076] The MobiLink server was unable to calculate the timestamp precision on the consolidated database using the ml_scripts_modified table. Timestamp precision related warnings will not be generated Any ideas why this is occuring? (Can't find the SQL 11 documentation online with the same error). http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0901/en/html/dbmren9/00000492.htm Cheers, Shao v 11...

Mobilink server 11 with 9.02 Mobilink System tables
We have a application now in production which uses Mobilink 9.02 with same build ultralite clients and uses Oracle consolidated database. Now if we develop a solution for Blackberry using UltraliteJ which is available only in sqlanywhere version 11 . What are the options we have to deploy this on the same consolidate DB 1) msrv11.exe will it start on the consolidated DB with 9.02 mobilink system tables ? 2) Can we resuse the same scripts if we use the same script version in UltraliteJ client ? 3) If the answer is no what are the suggested approch TIA John Yovas ...

SQLAnywhere 11
Hi Reed; I was just wondering now that PB 11.5 will be shipping later this week with SA 11 included ... when will PK have a new release that "officially" includes and supports SA11 on the PPC? -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com We are coming out with an EBF soon to support PB-11.5 syntax with some allowances for SA-11. However the _default_ database assumptions will remain SA-10. Regards, Reed Shilts <Standard-Disclaimers-Apply/> On 8 Sep 2008 06:52:27 -0700, "Chris Pollach" <cpolla...

SQLAnywhere 11: Assertion failed: 101413 (11.0.1.2376)
We have been getting this assertion failure with SQLAnywhere version 11.0.1.2376: Internal database error *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 101413 (11.0.1.2376) Prior to this assertion, the db server is mostly idle. The assertion happens during a small time period when a bunch of connections are made to the database from multiple programs at the same time. This connection pattern is typically for our applications and works normally for 2-3 weeks. Then once every 2-3 weeks, we hit upon this assertion error. After the error, the db server terminates all connections and d...

New Courses Scheduled
Good Afternoon, We have just listed our nex public schedule for our SQL Anywhere 11 Fundamentals & Synchronizing Data with MobiLink 11 courses. Course descriptions and registration information can be found at the following links: IAS186: SQL Anywhere 11.0 Fundamentals http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1068739 IAS388: Synchronizing Data with MobiLink 11.0 http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1068736 If you have any questions about these or other iAnywherecourses, please feel free to contact me at the phone # or e-mail address below. Robert Waywell | Practice Manager ...

SQLAnywhere 11 and Ruby
Hi! I'm trying to get set up with the ruby sqlanywhere adapter, but I keep getting "Could not load SQLAnywhere DBCAPI library". I'm trying to get this to work on Ubuntu Linux 10.04, 64-bit. I *do* have SQL Anywhere Developer Edition, version 11.0.0.1264 running on the box. I can load up a test database and connect to it through the command line, just not through the Ruby adapter. I've modified the sqlanywhere_adapter.rb file so that it has the following: connection_string = "eng=#{(config[:server] || config[:database])};dbn=#{config[:datab...

SQLAnywhere 11 Updates
We purchased a 10 user SQLAnywhere 11 version in Dec'08 and would like to know whether we are automatically entitled to download any EBFs for this version and are we entitled to the 11.01 maintenance release and subsequent EBFs? Hi, when you bought SQL Anywhere in Dezember you might have also bought "automatically" support for one year. And from what I know that allows you to upgrade without any charge to a newer build and even to a newer version. But sales might give you a more accurate answer. The EBFs and minor upgrades are available without a support c...

Mobilink Error #11
Mobilink Version 9.0.3534 I am receiving the folloging error on the Mobilink Server: E. 02/26 18:59:20. <1.3> [XE1]: Error: Unable to COMMIT Transaction: end_upload -- Attempting to ROLLBACK How do I determine the actual cause of the error? Thanks Hi, turn on the logging feature from the MobiLink server to retrieve more details about the synchronization process. For example, restart the MobiLink server with the following parameters -t <file> : log ODBC calls into file -v+ : truns on verbose logging (lots of data get written Kind regards, dietric...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com ...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com I have never used PowerDesignor WA 6.0 so I'm not sure what a .def file is, but I hope the following answers your questions. The are a lot of differences between the various versions of IQ, but each new version of IQ supports a superset of the previous version's syntax. So all iq commands found in 11....

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

SQLAnywhere + Mobilink Mass Deployment
Hello all, I downloaded the developer edition of SQL Anywhere and so far I am impressed with the product. We are evaluating SQL Anywhere + Mobilink as a solution in a consumer product deployment. I am wondering if there has been any experiences with this. Primarily, we are concerned about putting the SQL Anywhere DB and the Mobilink client down on many desktops where we will not have control of the machine's configuration. Is the product robust to handle this situation without a lot of specialized configuration? Thanks, Ben "Sybase" <bgreenber...

Web resources about - Mobilink SqlAnywhere 11 - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere