Making Mobilink client 9 talk to Mobilink server 10

Just an FYI for any Pocket builder 2.0.4 developers that need to talk to a
Mobilink 10 server.

Since support for SQL Anywhere 10 is not due out til PocketBuilder 2.0.5, I
have make due with SQL Anywhere 9/Mobilink Client 9 running on the PDA
talking to Mobilink Server 10.  With a little outside tech help and reading
the documentation, I figured that you add the following option to you ML
Server 10, so it expects ML Client 9 data streams.

-xo tcpip(port=2439) -x tcpip(port=2440)

(thanks Reg and Sybase)

The -xo set the 2439 port(default) to expect ML Client 9, the -x sets port
2440 to expect ML Client 10.  I randomly picked 2440, until PocketBuilder
2.0.5 is out, there will be no ML Client 10 for my customers.

The main issue is that you ML Server 10 automatically grabs port 2439, the
default port, unless you specifically reassign it with the -x option.

Hope this helps someone

Paul Watje

0
Paul
11/3/2006 10:17:56 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sync Mobilink 8.0.2 client with Mobilink 9 server
If I upgrade my server to Mobilink 9, and keep my clients (PocketPC) on Mobilink 8, will they still be able to sync successfully? I will be upgrading the clients eventually but won't have time to do them all right away. Thanks, Jeff. A v8 client can synchronize with a v9 MobiLink server. There is no need to upgrade all the clients at once, but they can be done gradually as you suggest you'd like to do. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer...

ppc mobilink client for asa support hostname for mobilink server
Hi, Can I use hostname for Mobilink server in synchronization template/site definition of remote asa database? The remote database would be running on MIPS. Thx. As long as the remote machine would be able to resolve the hostname to an IP address, then there is no reason why you couldn't use a hostname. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and clic...

Mobilink server 11 with 9.02 Mobilink System tables
We have a application now in production which uses Mobilink 9.02 with same build ultralite clients and uses Oracle consolidated database. Now if we develop a solution for Blackberry using UltraliteJ which is available only in sqlanywhere version 11 . What are the options we have to deploy this on the same consolidate DB 1) msrv11.exe will it start on the consolidated DB with 9.02 mobilink system tables ? 2) Can we resuse the same scripts if we use the same script version in UltraliteJ client ? 3) If the answer is no what are the suggested approch TIA John Yovas ...

Mobilink Server behind firewall and from client to mobilink thru internet
Hi, Will this set up work? Client -> internet(http) -> firewall(allowed port 80 and protocol http only) -> mobilink server(listening at port 80) -> consalidated database 1. Using dial up connection ASA client is trying connect to mobilink server listening at port 80 behind firewall. When intiated from client error is unable to register a thread to the 'http' network. Unable to connect a socket. Any idea? I have another question. If mobilink server is behind a firewall the only way to connect to mobilink server from the client(...

Sync Mobilink 8.0.2 client with Mobilink 8.03 server
Hi, If I upgrade Server to 8.03, should I also upgrade clients? Clients have ASA 8.02. Ahmet Sari Krefeld / Germany A v802 client can successfully synchronize with a v803 server. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio ->...

Mobilink 10 and Ultralite clients 9: how to solve problem?
Hello! I tried the Mobilink 10 server with "-xo" option to allow to connect Ultralite 9 apps to it. The problem is that the same MobiLink user can start more than one synchronization simultaneously. If I use Mobilink 9 server in that situation I get the following error (and that's what I wish to get in the case of Mobilink 10 server): E. 11/16 15:57:56. <1.3> [Palm2]: Error: [-10053] The user name 'Palm2' is already synchronizing. Concurrent synchronizations using the same user name are not allowed How to make the Mobilink 10 server to allow on...

Mobilink 10 and Ultralite clients 9: how to solve problem?
After the following fix has been applied --------------- It was fixed yesterday, and the fix will appear in v10.0.1 build 3617. The next v10.0.1 EBF that is posted should contain this fix. ML Bug Fix: (OTW 487339) Concurrent syncs by the same old client not detected Version Fixed : 10.0.1.3617 Customer Description: If an older client (v8 or v9) synchronized against the ML server in a way that a second synchronization is attempted before the first finishes (the client is terminated before the server is finished), the server would allow the second synchronization to proceed. T...

Can non-TLS mobilink clients talk to TLS servers?
v 10.0.0. Ultralite clients, Windows XP SP2 server. Is there a way a client can talk to a TLS enabled mobilink server without starting the client with TLS params? No, unless MobiLink is configured to listen on an unencrypted port in addition to the TLS one. Mike Vander Ploeg iAnywhere Solutions "Priyesh" <priyesh_do_not_reply> wrote in message news:45e6f4d3$1@forums-1-dub... >v 10.0.0. Ultralite clients, Windows XP SP2 server. > Is there a way a client can talk to a TLS enabled mobilink server without > starting the client with TLS params? >...

Mobilink 11.0.1 Server to 9.0.2 Client crashes on ascii nulls in CHAR columns
We are working on moving our installed user base from 9.0.2 to 11.0.1 because 9.0.2 is out of support. We are starting the process by upgrading our Mobilink servers and using the +XO switch for backward compatibility. One of our 9.0.2 applications can synchronize through the 11.0.1 +XO switch without a hitch, but the other app has one table that causes the 9.0.2 Mobilink client and our app to crash (leaving the 9.0.2 remote db server running) when a problem row is encountered while loading downloaded rows into the remote table. We use a DB2 consolidated database, but I have succe...

Invalid MobiLink username or password.(oracle 10.1.0.2.0 and mobilink 10.0)
Hi guy : I follow the sqlanywhere 10.0 tutorial example , but the synchronization fail. I don't know why ? my database version is .(oracle 10.1.0.2.0 ) . The message log is as following: I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. SQL Anywhere MobiLink Client Version 10.0.0.2465 I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. Copyright c 2002-2006, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Portions copyright c 1988-2006, Sybase, Inc. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. This software c...

Mobilink
Is it possible to run two instances of Mobilink on the same machine? Will they run independently side by side monitoring different ports without affecting each other? Laura Keaveney wrote: > Is it possible to run two instances of Mobilink on the same machine? > Will they run independently side by side monitoring different ports > without affecting each other? Yes, it is possible. When running multiple ML servers on the same machine, I'd always suggest specifying the port you are using, even if it's the default port. mlsrv11 -x tcpip(port=2638) -c "dsn=Co...

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 2. After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it? To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the original 9.0.0 Mobili...

[smb4k 0.10.9 server side/0.10.7 client side] sharing issue
I have a laptop in 11.3 using smb4k 0.10.7 that connected to a server in 11.1 (don't know the version of smb4k used) that was clean installed to 11.4 (with smb4k 0.10.9). The goal is to connect the laptop and access to the server's shared folders. I heard or read that cifs was -abandoned- (?) for -security reasons- on 11.4 but I tried to use smb4k anyway. Problem is: I can't access to the server's shared folders but only in command line. For example, logged as root: *mount -t cifs 192.168.1.3:/users /mountedsmb* worked. But just for avoid dying ignorant I...

Mobilink Sync between multiple clients and servers
Hi all, can i filter the data of a given table beeing sent from the remote-db to the consolidated db? This would mean the client only gets a subset of the data in the table in the cons-db (that's no problem of course with the dowload_cursor) AND the cons-db only gets a defined subset of the data in the table in the remote-db. This i would like to do with several clients and servers: Client X sychronizes a subset of data with Server A, another subset with server B and a third one with server C. So on with client Y....Z Thanks in advance, Axel This should be possib...

Web resources about - Making Mobilink client 9 talk to Mobilink server 10 - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Taking A Different Tack, Nimbuzz Chat Startup Partners With Pakistan Operator Mobilink
... to be simply disruptive to operators, especially WhatsApp and Viber. Others are taking a different tack. Today Pakistan telecom giant Mobilink ...

Twitter Help Center - How To Find Your Twitter Short Code or L
Twitter is without a doubt the best way to share and discover what is happening right now.

Islamabad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 33°43′N 73°04′E  /  33.717°N 73.067°E  / 33.717; 73.067 Coordinates : 33°43′N 73°04′E  /  33.717°N 73.067°E  / 33.717; 73.067 ...

Telecoms News - Business
... Network Has Bank Accounts Frozen by Tax Authorities May 25th 2012 - 10:00 GMT The local bank accounts of Pakistan's mobile network, Mobilink ...

Mobilink Employees on Google+ - Hamid to Alvi
See 328 Google Plusers that you might want to check out and follow. Connect with individuals like Saad Hamid a Digital Media on Google Plus with ...

The Importance Of Urdu
Urdu the national language of Pakistan is fast losing its importance in the land of the pure.the language which united the muslims in the sub ...

Twitter: From Fail Whale To Blank Timelines…
What exactly is happening with Twitter? I have been ignoring the troubles with it for almost a week now, given the number of fail whales with ...

Twitter Help Center - How To Find Your Twitter Short Code or L
Twitter is without a doubt the best way to share and discover what is happening right now.

Systems Architect on Google+ - Otte to Brown
Discover 2 Google Plusers that you could follow. Follow people like Greg Otte a Systems Architect in United States with 19 followers. Or connect ...

General Manager
See 1 Google Plusers that you might want to check out and follow. Connect with individuals like Pilar Carames a General Manager in Puerto Rico ...