Disconnections during transfer of data from PocketPC database to remote database on desktop

Hi,

I have run into a problem with disconnections occuring while transferring
large amounts of data between the pocketpc database and the remote database
on the desktop computer while connected with Activesync.

I know that my code for transferring data is correct because i can transfer
a couple holes.

The disconnect only occurs when transferring multiple holes containing a
large amount of data.
3 seems to be the magic number.  If i transfer 2 holes it seems to work
correctly, but when transferring 3, i am prompted for connection information
half way through the transfer of the third hole.

I am using PocketPB 1.5.1 and ASA 8.  I am not using mobilsync to transfer
data.

I am correctly connected using ActiveSync.

If i un-cradle then re-cradle the device and hit ok to the connection prompt
it re-connects to the remote database correctly, but the device slows to a
crawl.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated,

Karen

0
Karen
7/7/2004 3:29:21 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to transfer data from a database to another database.
Hi,    I want to transfer some tables and their data from a database to another database so what is the best way of doing..  In the source Database i right click on that table and then gave Script table and then selected Create To and then copied that create table query and pasted it in the destination table..   So is there is way i can get the rows from all of that table.. There are around... 1000 rows or something like that and that database consits of 5 - 6 tables. any help will be appreciated.. Regards, Karen Hi Karen, If you right click on the database...

How to transfer data from mobile database into workstation database?
How should I transfer data from mobile database into workstation database? My case is wanted transfer a batch of data that i scanned into workstation database. Any method to use? create xml file? or other? Any filter have to consider? Now my case is mobile application write a xml file and have to transfer the xml file to workstation pc through the activesync. What is the available location path can save? Don't forget that the xml file have to write into workstation database. Any sample code?  ...

Transfer Data From One Database into a Different Database
Is it possible to retrieve Data from SQL Database #1 and insert it into SQL Database #2 using a Stored Procedure? Thanks. Yes it is possible You can use something like INSERT INTO Database-1.dbo.TableA SELECT country_name FROM Database-2.dbo.TableBOm Prakash ...

uploading data from the remote database to a consolidated database.
hi all, im using a ASA 8.0.2 build 4089 as a mobilink server in my win2k. and ASA CE 8.0.2 im my pocket pc 2002 device. im using mobilink sync server 8.0.2 build 4089 im confused which sync events i should use. to upload data from my remote db to the consolidated db. i need to upload rows from my remote db to the consolidated db. i tried upload_insert . upload_update events . but every time the upload_inster event fires first and it gives a primary key conflict error in my CD db. can any one explain me how to design the upload procees? i need to insert , update and delete in my co...

Error when transferring data from local database to hosted database
Hi,   I tried to tranfers some database tables from my local SQL Server 2000 database to a hosted database (SQL Server 2005) MSSQL Management Studio 2005. I did the same job successfully before also from my local MSSQL2000 to another hosted MSSQL2005 database. However, this time I encounter the following problem (in red below).   I opened a ticket for support from my service provider but they seemed to have no idea. Therefore, I must seek for help on this forum. Could anyone please give me some advice? Thank you very much in advance.   Regards,Kenny   Messa...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

How to transfer the table & its data from one database to another database
Hi I need to transfer the records & strcuture of the table from Database1 to Database2. It is like export/import functionality SQL server. Is there any way to do like this in ASA 8.0.2 B'cos most of the time i need to transfer some of the objects with data from one database to another. Please help me in this regard Thanks in advance Shankar Hi, I am doing this through a few ISQL statements e.g. (connected to db1) SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS; OUTPUT TO "c:\\tmp\\customers.txt" FORMAT ASCII DELIMITED BY '\x09'; SELECT * FROM SUPPLIERS; OUTPUT...

Call data from database and change data in database.
How can I call the value of a field from a database and then use an "if" to do different things when the user clicks on a button? Also, how can I then change that value of the field when I want to? Thanks, Sam  Could you please explain the question in detail.......     From the question, we can get the value by   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(); con.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString; con.Open(); OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT ID FROM tabl...

Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases
I am attempting to replicate password changes from a remote database to the consolidated database to all other remote databases. The reason I am attempting this is we are implementing "multi-user" remote databases, where a db user created on the consolidated can be on one or more remote databases. I want to only allow remote users to change their db passwords, but have those password changes replicate to all other remote databases. My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databas...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

How to update data from this Database to orther Database ?
  Please help me How to update data from this Database to orther Database ? Thank As long as the databases are on the same server, just prefix the table names with the database, example use database2 go  insert into database1..abc select * from xyz go Note the 2 periods between the database name adn the table name, this is where the owner would otherwise go, probably dbo in a production environment.  You can leave it empty (ie, just 2 dots) if it's dbo. If the databases are on the different servers there is another solution but performance will be dramatically w...

Database Synchronization (Transfer Database, not tables)...
I wonder what objects do we use the .NET Compact Framework with the ulnet10.dll to do those database synchronizations stuffs. Is the MobLink already included in the ulnet10.dll? I don't want the synchronization to be about mirroring the data between teh database on the Mobile/Pda and the PC. I just want it to transfer a fresh/new database from the PC to the PDA via deleting an database on the PDA and put a new one on the PDA. The reason is because the database design will continue to change such as new tables, dropped field name, etc. How can this be done? Thanks......

Server database remote to consolidated database
Dear community, our consolidated database "A" (db not determinated yet) and the database which to be replicated "B" (Oracle) are on different boxes. The Mobilink replication will be done between A and many clients "C". Questions: 1. Is it possible to configure the Mobilink Server to handle this configuration ? 2. If so, does the Mobilink Server pull the data via odbc from the remote database ? 3. If not, would it be possible to use for a replication between A and B the Mobilink Server (the client is A and the server is B) ? This barmy idea b...

Central database & remote database
Why is it that even after replicating, my remote database still doesn't contain all of the records from the central database? Thanks, Tasha We always double check that we have the article subscribed to the publication and that the publication is started. Tom Shouse Epic Solutions, Inc. "Tasha Travis" <ltravis2@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:40a4d231$1@forums-1-dub... > Why is it that even after replicating, my remote database still doesn't > contain all of the records from the central database? > > Thanks, > Tasha > > ...

Web resources about - Disconnections during transfer of data from PocketPC database to remote database on desktop - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Disconnection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Disconnection is the severance of all ties between a Scientologist and a friend, colleague, or family member deemed to be antagonistic towards ...

40,000 premises face disconnection in NBN migration
About 40,000 premises across Australia face imminent disconnection of their copper phone lines this week as NBN Co ramps up the compulsory migration ...

NBN Co says copper disconnection schedule too ambitious
Plans to disconnect copper services to up to 100,000 homes per month labelled as too ambitious.

Residents in NBN rollout suburbs at risk of disconnection
SOME Brunswick and South Morang phone and internet users risk being disconnected unless they apply to their service provider to join the NBN. ...

NBN Co wants block on Telstra disconnection processes
Disappointed by competition watchdog.

National broadband network: More than 11,000 NSW homes and businesses facing copper line disconnection ...
Is yours one of the 11,000 Sydney copper phone lines about to be disconnected when NBN D-Day hits?

In combat with an encroaching sense of disconnection
In combat with an encroaching sense of disconnection

Soaring power costs leads to record number of disconnections in Victoria
The number of Victorian homes having their gas and electricity disconnected has hit staggering levels with the state government ordering an urgent ...

New music survey: P2P users buy the most, no one wants disconnection penalties
... toward a variety of copyright enforcement strategies. Among the most significant findings: Americans overwhelmingly oppose the use of disconnection ...

Someday you'll find it, the rainbow disconnection...
Someday you'll find it, the rainbow disconnection...