datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error

I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360

from the help file I saw

[ImportFile method (DataWindows)]

long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {,
long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long
dwstartcolumn } } } } } )

This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into
dw_employee starting at the first column:

dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV")

This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into
dw_employee starting at the first column:

dw_employee.ImportFile(XML!,"D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE")

The following statements are equivalent. Both import the contents of the
XML file named myxmldata:

dw_control.ImportFile(myxmldata.xml)
dw_control.ImportFile(XML!, myxmldata)

However, when I using the similar coding in the program it an Illegal
enumerated constant: xml error will show. at the line I coded like below
when I save the source in the PPB IDE - Script Painter.

dw_control.ImportFile(XML!, ls_xmlfilename)

where ls_xmlfilename is the file name of the xml file.

IS anything wrong in the script?

0
Pip
3/18/2004 10:29:37 AM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

look in the help:
Pocket PowerBuilder    Comma-separated and XML data are not supported in
this release of Pocket PowerBuilder.

Pip wrote:

> I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360
>
> from the help file I saw
>

> [ImportFile method (DataWindows)]
>
> long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {,
> long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long
> dwstartcolumn } } } } } )
>
> This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into
> dw_employee starting at the first column:
>
> dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV")
>
> This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into
> dw_employee starting at the first column:
>
> dw_employee.ImportFile(XML!,"D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE")
>
> The following statements are equivalent. Both import the contents of the
> XML file named myxmldata:
>
> dw_control.ImportFile(myxmldata.xml)
> dw_control.ImportFile(XML!, myxmldata)
>

> However, when I using the similar coding in the program it an Illegal
> enumerated constant: xml error will show. at the line I coded like below
> when I save the source in the PPB IDE - Script Painter.
>

> dw_control.ImportFile(XML!, ls_xmlfilename)
>

> where ls_xmlfilename is the file name of the xml file.
>
> IS anything wrong in the script?

0
Klaus