SQL Client Message 84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net

--------------4C53A628510F6740E172655D

     HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

Sybase Database Server version is 11.0.3.2 EBF ROLLUP  7569
Sybase Open Client version is          11.1.1 EBF
On HP-UX 10.20

I am running into a random problem when running a lot of batch jobs to
populate Sybase tables using a shell script.  My jobs randomly and only
sometimes will fail with:

SQL Client Message  84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer:
internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
disconnect

There is no pattern to failure.  My customer opened a case with Sybase
Tech support and was told that this is an HP_UX issue and given an OS
patch number which they already have installed but problem still
happens.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to debug this problem?

traceflags, tricks, ect...

Thanks

Carlos Roberto
Informatica Corporation
Palo Alto, California

--------------4C53A628510F6740E172655D

Sybase Database Server version is 11.0.3.2 EBF ROLLUP&nbsp; 7569
11.1.1 EBF
to populate Sybase tables using a shell script.&nbsp; My jobs randomly
and only sometimes will fail with:
internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect
Sybase Tech support and was told that this is an HP_UX issue and given
an OS patch number which they already have installed but problem still
happens.

--------------4C53A628510F6740E172655D--

0
Carlos
1/3/2000 9:22:00 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Carlos Hernandez wrote:

> I am running into a random problem when running a lot of batch jobs to
> populate Sybase tables using a shell script.  My jobs randomly and only
> sometimes will fail with:
>
> SQL Client Message  84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net
> library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect

	Check the server's error log for any messages related to the time
	of the problem. Do you have any other network related issues?

-am
0
Anthony

Did you every find out what this issue was?  I'm having the same problem.
We run several batch jobs at night, single threaded, and intermittently I
also get this error.

Kim
0
kgentile1010
8/9/2002 6:09:37 PM
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:09:37 -0400, kgentile1010 wrote:

I did not find the complete thread this post was on.  I think the
problem you are referring to is that occasionally you will see a
ct_cancel() disconnect message on batch jobs.  I hope this fits the
post.

I suspect the problem you are seeing is CR 267991 which is an ASE bug:
"multi-engine ASE silently closes connections due to many cancels".
It is fixed in the latest ASE ebf levels, check the coverletters for
this CR.

I suspect also you might have an application workaround.  I think it
takes a great many ct_cancel()s and a quirk of timing to reproduce the
failure so I suspect the application is sending a great many
ct_cancel()s which is does not have to send.  Let me explain.

If the client application program ct_results processing reads to
CS_END_RESULTS then any ct_cancel() will find the "state of the
connection as idle".    This means that no "cancellation token" has to
be physically sent to the ASE to cancel any remaining results from the
server.   Very often, third party libraries and some application usage
do not read to the CS_END_RESULTS when in fact all data has been read
for the result set and the application issues ct_cancel() to clean up
any outstanding results vs. just reading ct_results one more time as
recommended in the ctlib programming doc and classes.

If you truss a bit of the application or Ribo it I suspect you will
see a lot of ct_cancel()s that might be eliminated.  This may also
help performance a bit as the traffic to the server can be
unnecessary.   It sometimes is just a matter of reading the very next
bit of data already receive by your workstation vs. the cancellation
flowing to the server.
>Hi,
>
>Did you every find out what this issue was?  I'm having the same problem.
>We run several batch jobs at night, single threaded, and intermittently I
>also get this error.
>
>Kim

[URGENT] srvbuildres: Open Client message: 'ct_results(): network packet
Any Gurus out there to let me know how to sort this thing out ? What could be the error messages related to the ct_<function> ? It's running on Solari 2.6 and an Ultra 10. This also occurs systematically after each re-installation of Solaris and the ASE 11.9.2... Running 'srvbuildres' and creating the sybase server.../opt/sybase/bin/srvbuildres: Port number '1025' is being reserved or currently in use by a running server. /opt/sybase/bin/srvbuildres: Building Adaptive Server 'DATABASE': /opt/sybase/bin/srvbuildres: Building master device... /...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

[...]

Open Client & network packet size
How can I force Open Client library to use 'default network packet size' All utilities (like isql and most of all ssremote.exe) use packet size of 512 regardless of setting 'default network packet size' to 2048. I see very big performance impact in ODBC connection - changing packet size from 512 to 2048 gives more than 5 times improvement. I hope to see similar improvement in ssremote. TIA Andrzej Wilkoszewski NET Soft Andrzej Wiloszewski wrote: > > How can I force Open Client library to use 'default network packet size' > > Al...

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

I want to open a pdf which is exists in the client system or client network from my web application.
Hi, I have a requirement, i want to open a pdf file which is exists in the client place from my web application..i tried this by using anchor tag, but it is not working fine..<a href="c:\one.pdf" target="_blank">Opening PDF File</a>it is not working fine..if i write this code in .html file then it is opening file, if i write the code in .aspx file then it is not opening fine..this is a urgent requirement to me.. kindly help me in this.. regards,Raju   you cant.... the clients files/filesystem aren't accessible.You can TRY to use a fil...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

"sql*net message from client" hang
--0015174c3d8e0d4f40048ae26827 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hello, I have some code that has been running happily for many years, but suddenly started hanging on a simple select query to our Oracle DB. The DB shows it as an inactive session with "SQL*NET message from client", so the DB thinks it is waiting for the perl script, but the perl script is hung reading from the DB according to truss. I boiled it down to a 20 line test script that prepares a query using DBI and then executes it ~190 times for different 10k blocks of the table. It seems to cons...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

Web resources about - SQL Client Message 84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net - sybase.open-client