Password Encryption through Open Client using Delphi

I am going to develop a client application using Delphi 6 Enterprise
Edition to access Sybase using Open Client with password encryption
feature.

I have read passages on how to do password encryption through Open Client.
However, it looked like C code.  Can anyone enlighten me on how and where
to put the password encryption codes in my Delphi program.  I am quite sure
it should be somewhere around the database component property.  But I don't
know what exactly to do.

Thanks for your help.
0
August
5/27/2002 11:22:49 AM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

password encryption through open client
Hello As I know that by using ODBC connection, there is a click box which can encrypt the password. However, I don't know how to encrypt the password by using open client connection. Any other parameters can pass to open client to enable the password encryption? Regards Kwan 15 April 2002 You can write your open client programs to accept any arbitrary parameter to enable password encryption; the usual standard, though is, '-X'. If you have any other followup questions on open client, please post them to the open client newsgroup sybase.public.conne...

Any way to force Open Client password encryption?
Hi, Anyone know if there is a way to force Open Client password encryption on? In other words, make ASE deny the connection if the CS_SEC_ENCRYPTION connection property is not set (or the -X option is not supplied to isql, bcp, etc). I've not seen anything in Sybooks that would suggest that this is possible, so this is a long shot... but it would be nice to know either way! thanks, Graham Offhand, the only way I can think of to do this would be to write an Openserver passthrough gateway that clients would connect to and be passed through to ASE, and it could check for ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Using Open Client
Hi all. I have always used ODBC to connect my PB apps to ASA (if I remember well, for a long time it was the only possible way to connect). I have never used Open Client. Can this be considered a "native" driver for ASA?. Are there any advantages in using it instead of ODBC? Is there a place (besides ASA's documentation) where I could learn how to use it? I would appreciate any information on these matters. TIA Diego Marrero OpenClient is not native to ASA. OpenClient is provided to allow for compatibility to Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE). ASA alters its b...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

Open client open source or Solaris x86
Is there an open source version of the open client? Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl script running on Solaris on an Intel box? TIA Chris chrisl@jungle.com wrote: > > Is there an open source version of the open client? > Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been > discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or > i...

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

GW802HP3 client

how to use open client in powersite?
hi, i have a problem about how to use open client in powersite. when i use a htmlDatawindow ActiveX object , it only use a ODBC database connection. i want to use a store procedure on a Sybase SQL Server. the following error is appears : ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 ***** Select error: SQLSTATE = 01S01 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Error in row. My store procedure is : ******************** create procedure p_test @code varchar(2) as begin create table #abc(a integer) end That looks like a Microsoft ODBC driver not a Sybase ASE Driver. Dave Wolf Internet...

Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming
Hi, I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3 B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system. Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script for UNIX makefiles. For HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800. In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I must use ...

Web resources about - Password Encryption through Open Client using Delphi - sybase.open-client

Encryption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For technical reasons, an encryption scheme usually uses a pseudo-random encryption key generated by an algorithm. It is in principle possible ...

REPORT: Facebook’s Outdated Web Encryption Technology May Have Enabled Prism
Facebook still uses encryption keys with 1,024-bit lengths, while the industry standard used by Internet companies — including Apple, Microsoft, ...

Search Twitter - encryption
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Tech Investor News @ TechInvestNews 2m Secusmart puts its BlackBerry encryption chip to work on the desktop (Netflash) ...

Hide Text - Text encryption and secret messages on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hide Text - Text encryption and secret messages on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Paris attacks fuel encryption debate
Assaults prompt renewed government push for Silicon Valley to open up systems.

ProtonMail: banning encryption won't stop terrorism
... similar atrocities happening in future. As well as calls for an increase in online surveillance , politicians have also suggested that encryption ...

Apple, Google, Facebook and Microsoft warn weaker encryption makes the bad guys stronger
... stance on encrypted Internet-connected products and services. But government officials aren’t the only ones to voice concerns about encryption. ...

ISIS Is Using Everything From Encryption To PlayStations To Avoid Being Spied On
But the larger problem, according to intelligence officials, is what happens when ISIS stops using technology at all.

Feinstein: The Achilles heel in the internet is encryption - Videos - CBS News
Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, says that the biggest obstacle the intelligence community faces is ...

On encryption, Clinton tells Silicon Valley to be a team player
Democratic presidential candidate tells tech companies they need to help track down terrorists but stops short of calling for weaker encryption. ...