Open Server connections leave filedescriptor open

--------------75077340196BEF0FA70298DF

I hope it's ok to ask openserver questions in this forum.

I've noticed that whenever you make a client connection to an
open-server product (such as Historical Server, or Monitor Server, or
your own open server app) the connection uses a filedescriptor from the
OS, and never releases it, even after you disconnect.  This means that I
can quickly run out of descriptors in the file-table and have to reboot
my OS.

I'm on HP-UX 11.0 open server/client 12.5/P

Does anyone know of this behaviour, and an EBF or an OS patch to fix it?
--------------75077340196BEF0FA70298DF

begin:vcard
n:Sherlock;Kevin
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://qwestdex.com
org:Qwest DEX;Information Managment
adr:;;;Omaha;NE;68114;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:ksherlo_AT_qwest.com
title:Staff Information Systems Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;3
fn:Kevin Sherlock
end:vcard

--------------75077340196BEF0FA70298DF--

0
Sherlock
4/24/2002 8:19:47 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

I was able to see what you described if I built the sample program "ctos"
with my SYBPLATFORM environmental variable set to "hpux".  However,
if I set SYBPLATFORM to "nthread_hpux".

I reviewed the cover letter for the latest EBF and it appears that this
problem
has been fixed in EBF 9857 and higher.  The bug was:
    259160  Open Server threads were not releasing connections.
                  Connection information was not marked correctly during
                  accept call, so the close call was returning without
                  calling close().

Sherlock, Kevin wrote:

>I hope it's ok to ask openserver questions in this forum.
>
>I've noticed that whenever you make a client connection to an
>open-server product (such as Historical Server, or Monitor Server, or
>your own open server app) the connection uses a filedescriptor from the
>OS, and never releases it, even after you disconnect.  This means that I
>can quickly run out of descriptors in the file-table and have to reboot
>my OS.
>
>I'm on HP-UX 11.0 open server/client 12.5/P
>
>Does anyone know of this behaviour, and an EBF or an OS patch to fix it?

0
Neal

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Leave the Connection open or always open and close immediately?
Hi there,   I got an approach like that: 1) Read something from DB - check the value, if true stop if false go on2) Read the second Value (another SQL Statement) - check the value etc. Now I could open the connection at 1) and if I have to go to 2) I leave the connection open and use the same connection at 2). Is it ok to do that? The other scenario would be opening a connection at 1), immediately close it after I read the value and open a new connection at 2). Thanks for the input!Andreas Kraus on .NET Cant you move the logic to the DB?***********************Dinakar NethiLife i...

test for open connection before connection.open command
Hi I am trying to work together a peice of code that will basically state: If MyCon.Open Then 'do nothing Else MyCon.Open() End If This is because occasionally the SQL.ExecuteReader() occasionally times out and when the user trys again the page errors and states that the MyCon is already open. Has anyone had to deal with this before? Thanks for any help, Skippy. Try this - If MyCon.state = ConnectionState.open Then 'do nothing else ... In fact, if you require only to check connection is open and if not open the connection then fo...

command.open()/connection.open()
 what is the difference between mycon.open() and cmd.open() which I test both can work... ........SqlConnection  mycon = objDB.getconnection(); SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("userexist", mycon); mycon.open()cmd.open() ..... Does that mean cmd.open() is more precise thant connection.openbecause open an connection which can contain a lot other commands..? Thanks    There is no Open Method on the SqlCommand object!??  Is it an extension method?  David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped ...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

open question... very open.
heh... to make it simple: what are the significant differences between FreeBSD and Linux? please forgive my lack of articulation or specification with this question, but it's 2 a.m. (not really _that_ late in nerd-times), and i figure the broader i am the more sources i'll recieve (hopefully). anyway, thanks for the help, even some URLs would be nice, -k. ALL Linux are based around the same code. I believe that FreeBSD is based around different code (although it probably looks the same). FreeBSD behaves like linux. Then again I may be wrong, "Connolly" <Ke...

Open with newsgroups open ??
Is there any way with Mozilla or Thunderbird to have the newsgroups open when the application is started? It's annoying to have to scroll down to the news server and click the + beside it every time. Larry Hazel wrote: > Is there any way with Mozilla or Thunderbird to have the newsgroups open > when the application is started? It's annoying to have to scroll down > to the news server and click the + beside it every time. Push * on your keyboard. or change your view settings to "sort by --> unthreaded" or date or something. Regards, Nathani...

Open without open
Dear anybody, I need to get information about controls of a list of windows of an application. To get it I made a script to reach the controls after opening each window and it works all right. But I found that many windows I can not process because they give an error in the open event, for example, due to lack of parameters (since this is not their expected way to be opened). Is there any way to access to the control array and other window properties without executing the open event? Thanks in advance, Elena. PB 6.5 A quick look in the help files at the FindCl...

Open a project without opening all the previously opened files.
Is there a setting to allow me to open a project and not have it open all the windows that were opened when the project was last saved? RyanFlames are for BBQ'ing.http://weblogs.asp.net/RyanSmith...

Open Ports what opened them
How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. port 2105 -- There is an old Vulcan proverb. Only Nixon could go to China. Brady Wang wrote: > How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. You can use AtGuard (no longer available), Norton Internet Security / Norton Personal Firewall (non free) <http://www.symantec.com>, TCPView Pro (non free) <http://www.winternals.com/>, Fport (free but NT/2000 only) <http://www.foundstone.com/> and a few other tools. Sebastian ...

xmltextwriter does not leave opening tag open
hi i use the following code to generate an xml file structuring up a file system with some info from a database. the output should look like this:1 <FILES> 2 <Directory name="2007"> 3 <Directory name="08"> 4 <file name="070826.mp3">file info from database</file> 5 </Directory> 6 <Directory name="09"> 7 <file name="070902.mp3">file info from database</file> 8 </Directory> 9 </Directory> ...

The connection is already open (status=Open)
I've got a problem. I'm building an asp.net page with vb.net and I'm using MS Access 2000 as a database. I'm trying to add a user to the database and doing two INSERT's to the database and I'm getting the following error The Connection is already open (status=Open). System.InvalidOperationException: The Connection is already open (status=Open). My question is what am I doing wrong? The codes are as follows: This code is run when the user registrates himself Private Sub Registrate_Click( _ ByVal sender As Object, _ ByVal e As EventArgs) _ Handles...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Web resources about - Open Server connections leave filedescriptor open - sybase.open-client

Programming Sockets in C, error to send and receive files
I made an app in C for Linux environment. This app works, but after some time (5 hours more or less) its performance is erratic. This is the ...

Java Platform, Standard Edition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Java Platform, Standard Edition or Java SE is a widely used platform for programming in the Java language. It is the Java Platform used to deploy ...

Don't set shared file descriptors to non-blocking I/O mode.
This is the frequently given answer to such statements. Don't set shared (i.e. inheritable, inherited, or duplicated) filedescriptors to usenon-blocking ...

Droid vs Nexus 1: Who can calculate MD5 faster?
... GlobalVariables.APP_CONTEXT = getApplicationContext(); List sharedAudioFiles = Engine.INSTANCE.LIBRARIAN.getSharedAudioFiles(0, 17); for (FileDescriptor ...

- (NSXMLDocument *)transform:(NSString *)xml :(NSString *)xslt { NSError *xm - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...

Chrome 44 launches with Android home screen banner improvements, tweaks to push messaging and notifications ...
... 504011 ] High CVE-2015-1286: UXSS in blink. Credit to anonymous . [$1337][ 419383 ] Medium CVE-2015-1287: SOP bypass with CSS. Credit to filedescriptor. ...

Manpage for open - man.cx manual pages
... shall establish the connectionbetween a file and a file descriptor. It shall create anopen file description that refers to a file and a filedescriptor ...

What's Cooking in PulseAudio's glitch-free Branch
Posts and writings by Lennart Poettering

Jails – High value but shitty Virtualization — PHKs Bikeshed
Virtualization is nothing new, and depending how fundamentalist youdefine “virtualized environment” one can point to the earliest oftimesharing ...