Open ClientConnect vs Open Client

I am working on a messaging middleware integration project,
come from messaging background and not DB savvy.  Learning
Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link:

http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect

Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by
Sybase".

What does this mean wrt ct_  library calls?  If this is
discontinued, what is the replacement?
0
Ken
12/21/2009 4:42:36 AM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800,  wrote:

> I am working on a messaging middleware integration project,
> come from messaging background and not DB savvy.  Learning
> Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link:
>
> http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect
>
> Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by
> Sybase".
>
> What does this mean wrt ct_  library calls?  If this is
> discontinued, what is the replacement?

no - the ct_ calls are all in Client Library, which is part of the
Software Development Toolkit (SDK).

Michael

0
Michael

Open client open source or Solaris x86
Is there an open source version of the open client? Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl script running on Solaris on an Intel box? TIA Chris chrisl@jungle.com wrote: > > Is there an open source version of the open client? > Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been > discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or > i...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Script to open email client to send email also opens IE browser
Hi Friends - I tried the following code - linkbutton's clicked event - for the user to send email using their default email client e.g. Outlook Express. private void lbtnEmail_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { try { string sMemberId = Session["MemberId"].ToString(); } catch { Response.Redirect("logon.aspx"); } // **** Response.Redirect("mailto:" + sEmail + "?SUBJECT=Greetings!"); // **** } The problem is although the email client Outlook Express opens correctly, so does the IE browser wit...

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

"Open with" every time i want to open a .pdf attachment from groupwise client
In tools -> Options -> Enviroment -> Default Actions i have selected "Open in a new window" for message attachments, so when i double click in a Groupwise attachment it launch the corresponding application to open the file but when the attached file is a .pdf the "open with" windows appears so i have to select Acrobat Reader everytime inspite of the fact that i select de checkbox that always use this application to open this kind of extension. I checked the file association in the Operating Sysytem and it's OK and if i try open a .pdf file from t...

GW802HP3 client

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

Error in C application when opening two cursors with Open Client 11.1.1
Hi all, When have and application that works with Sybase Adaptive Server. This application uses Direct Connection Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to the database and alternatively Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5. We have traced the problem and we know that when the application opens a second cursor in the same transaction and that the first one is not closed then we have an error. The problem is that with a Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5 everything works fine. If you have any clue, please let me know, Thank You Jeff ...

open question... very open.
heh... to make it simple: what are the significant differences between FreeBSD and Linux? please forgive my lack of articulation or specification with this question, but it's 2 a.m. (not really _that_ late in nerd-times), and i figure the broader i am the more sources i'll recieve (hopefully). anyway, thanks for the help, even some URLs would be nice, -k. ALL Linux are based around the same code. I believe that FreeBSD is based around different code (although it probably looks the same). FreeBSD behaves like linux. Then again I may be wrong, "Connolly" <Ke...

Web resources about - Open ClientConnect vs Open Client - sybase.open-client

Allscripts - Electronic Health Records
Electronic Health Record solutions for physicians, hospitals, clinical education and medical services

MU audit alert: 6 things you should do before Dec. 31
Does your organization use the calendar year as its Meaningful Use (MU) attestation period? That means your reporting year is drawing to a close ...

aSuiteOffice - Amata
ONLINE STORE/VIEW CART CLIENT LOG IN SCHEDULE A TOUR NOW 1.877.262.8204 SEARCH: By Product aBusinessPhone aVirtualOffice aSpot2Work aSuiteOffice ...

Timothee Besset
.plan Update by Timothee Besset (Programmer at id Software) on Feb 2 2007, 16:56:42 (ET)

PERION NETWORK LTD (PERI:NASDAQ GS): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek
PERION NETWORK LTD (PERI) stock price & investing information. Find PERION NETWORK LTD historical stock quotes, key competitors, stock data, ...

Castanet411 Coupons, brought to you by Castanet411.com - Castanet411.com
Check out local Castanet411.com coupons and promotions. Want to stay in the know with the City's best coupons? It's quick and easy! Sign up today! ...

Privacy - CodeFuel
[glossary_exclude] The CodeFuel Website Privacy Policy has been updated on January 1, 2014. By accessing and using the CodeFuel technology and ...

Why Google Chrome thinks uTorrent is malware
If you’ve tried to download uTorrent in the last few days and you’re a Google Chrome user, you may have noticed something alarming: Chrome seems ...

Fresh Off Merger With Conduit, Perion In Talks To Acquire Mobile Ad Platform AirPush - TechCrunch
Mobile ad platform Airpush, which recently bought Hubbl for $15 million to move into native mobile ads, is now in the process of being acquired ...

Technical Support
MLB.com Toolbar — stay connected and get so much more. Technical Support Are you experiencing any problems or have a question about the MLB.com ...