Open Client/Server Install

Hi!
I have just installed ASE 11.5.1on DEC Unix  and am about to install Open
Client and Open Server for the first time on the same machine.  Does anyone
have any pointers?  I am inclined to install them in separate directories
so as to segregate them from the actual 11.5.1 install.  I this a good
idea?  We have an Accell app that will run on the same machine and use the
Open Client libraries . . .

Mike
0
mloftus
9/17/1998 12:55:19 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have always installed them in the same directory and it is actually quite
convenient since Open Client/Open Server programs need to be referencing the
same $SYBASE environment variables and interfaces file etc.

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:55:19 -0400,
 in sybase.public.connectivity.open_client
mloftus <mloftus@wyle.com> wrote:
>Hi!
>I have just installed ASE 11.5.1on DEC Unix  and am about to install Open
>Client and Open Server for the first time on the same machine.  Does anyone
>have any pointers?  I am inclined to install them in separate directories
>so as to segregate them from the actual 11.5.1 install.  I this a good
>idea?  We have an Accell app that will run on the same machine and use the
>Open Client libraries . . .
>
>Mike
0
Pervez

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

Open Server/Client install
1. Where can I get open server/client install. I need it for ESP (extended sp) development. 2. Is it licensed seperately? thanks Nirav ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

Open Client Installation
Hello, Is there any small and simple setup files for installing ASE native clients / open clients?? Regards, Riverwind riverwind@so-net.com.hk wrote... > Hello, > > Is there any small and simple setup files for installing ASE native clients > / open clients?? Not at this time. I requested this at TechWave and I hope to see it soon. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Thanks Jim for your information. ~Riverwind "Jim Egan" <dontspam.dbaguru@eganomics.com> wrote in message news:MPG.17ce058b323be96298bf33@forums.sybase.com... > riverwind@...

Open Client/Server
Dear all I am newbie to Sybase if anyone could answer my question it will be greatfull.Thank you in advance. What is Sybase Open Client/Server ? Where i can download the setup for this application ? How libct.dll,libcs.dll and libcomn.dll related to this Open Client /Server ? How is differs to Windows 95 and Windows XP ? Regards Waheed Hello, Open Client and Open Server are a collection of C API's that allow developers to create programs that access the Sybase ASE database or Open Server applications. NOTE: As of Open Client version 12.5, the product is named "S...

Open Client Installation.
How can I install "Open Client" in a Windows Nt operating system via login script or via "System Management Server"? Thank by Mirko Mangone sysp (pablo@keymail.com) wrote: : How can I install "Open Client" in a Windows Nt operating system via login : script or via "System Management Server"? : Thank Assuming your OpenClient/NT installation is on a file server somewhere, say M:\Syb, you need to set registry entries to set the SYBASE environment variable and to add the Dll and Bin directories to the PATH environment variable. Environment...

Open Client Installation
We have created an app that requires access to ASE12. In order to do so, we are using the Open Client Runtime installation off of the client disk. However, we do not want to install the ASE full client on all of the systems, and would like to be able to install this with minimal effort on the end of our users. Is there an Open Client Runtime installation that we can get from somewhere that we can include in our package to get to the users? You did not mention the platform. The only thing you can do is have the client install the Open Client sdk from sybase as a pre-req. You c...

Open Client on the Server
Does anybody use Open Client on the server? If yes, then what EBF you use? Are results good? Any pointers on how to get the right EBF to insure the best multithreading and minimum memory leaks? Thanks, Eugene. Eugene Krupatkin Krupach, Inc. Eugene Krupatkin wrote: > > Does anybody use Open Client on the server? Err... what do you mean by that? Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@mbay.net -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-lis...

Open Client Installation
Okay, maybe I've missed this somewhere but I can't find it. I want to load just Open Client and not do a whole ASE installation. What is the best way to go about loading Open Client only on a HP server? Thanks, Linda Linda: Is the HP Server running NT or UNIX? If it's running NT you can use the Sybase Client for Windows and during the beginning of the standard client setup it will give you a checkbox list of options to install. Select Open Client. Let me know if you have it on UNIX and I'll let you know that way as well. Shawn Torkelson Senior D...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Web resources about - Open Client/Server Install - sybase.open-client

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...