Open client open source or Solaris x86

Is there an open source version of the open client?
Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been
discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or
if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl
script running on Solaris on an Intel box?

TIA
Chris
0
chrisl
10/31/2000 2:22:09 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

chrisl@jungle.com wrote:

> Is there an open source version of the open client?
> Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been
> discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or
> if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl
> script running on Solaris on an Intel box?

Check out:

  www.freetds.org

Michael Heaney                            Email:  mheaney@tigr.org
Database Manager                          Phone:  (301) 838-3553
The Institute for Genomic Research        FAX:    (301) 838-0208
9712 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD  20850

    "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"
0
Michael

open client for solaris x86?????????????????
I am now programming in solaris2.5 for x86, I need use sybase open client ,but I just have open client for sco and for solaris sparc ,How could I modify them to setup in my system???? So I would not buy open client for solaris x86 just for my programming????? or how could I use odbc to instead of it ,and where to find it??? ...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Open Client/Server on Solaris x86
Is Open Client/Server available on Solaris x86? -- Brian R. Plummer mailto:brianp@sphinx.com Iris Financial Engineering & Systems, Inc. voice: (212) 858-7622 140 Broadway, Suite 4604 fax: (212) 858-7750 New York, NY 10005 http://www.irisfinancial.com Brian Plummer wrote: > Is Open Client/Server available on Solaris x86? The last version of Open Client for Solaris x86 was OC v10.0.2. That was back in 1996. You could ask your local Sybase sales rep if there are any copies still around (bu...

open client on solaris x86 platform
Can open client run at sun x86 solaris platform? One of our customer need open client for Sun Salaris x86, if exist,what 's the version of the openclient thanks Sybase Forums wrote: > > Can open client run at sun x86 solaris platform? > One of our customer need open client for Sun Salaris x86, > if exist,what 's the version of the openclient One used to exist. The last version available was OC 10.0.2. That was back in '96. Sybase withdrew support after that. If you are lucky, you might still be able to find a copy. Contact your local Sybase ...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Where can I get Open Client for Solaris/x86?
Hello! Are there any plans to make Sybase Open Client for Solaris/x86? Sybase used to make it but discontinued about 2-3 years ago. Seems to me it should be pretty simple to build it because there is UnixWare Sybase client. Is it some kind political issue to don't make the client for Solaris/x86? Dmitriy. Dmitriy Beloslyudtsev wrote: > Are there any plans to make Sybase Open Client for Solaris/x86? > Sybase used to make it but discontinued about 2-3 years ago. Yes, 10.0.2 was the last version. > Seems to me it should be pretty simple to build it because ther...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

OPEN SOURCE GOD: 480+ Open Source Applications
OPEN SOURCE GOD: 480+ Open Source Applications http://mashable.com/2007/09/23/open-source/ (credit go where credit is due, found the link in the current free edition of Gizmo's Support Alert newsletter You can read it online here: http://techsupportalert.com/issues/al_current.htm ) Bjorn Simonsen <bsusenet@broadpark.no> wrote in news:a7ech3p62tjeo1l560234q2ojsi4t2qnqc@4ax.com: > OPEN SOURCE GOD: 480+ Open Source Applications > > http://mashable.com/2007/09/23/open-source/ Great find! I discovered a LOT of apps I was looking for and could not find...

Script to open email client to send email also opens IE browser
Hi Friends - I tried the following code - linkbutton's clicked event - for the user to send email using their default email client e.g. Outlook Express. private void lbtnEmail_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { try { string sMemberId = Session["MemberId"].ToString(); } catch { Response.Redirect("logon.aspx"); } // **** Response.Redirect("mailto:" + sEmail + "?SUBJECT=Greetings!"); // **** } The problem is although the email client Outlook Express opens correctly, so does the IE browser wit...

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

Web resources about - Open client open source or Solaris x86 - sybase.open-client

Solaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Solari Report Blog - The Solari Report Blog
Disclaimer Nothing on The Solari Report should be taken as individual investment advice. Anyone seeking investment advice for his or her personal ...

Solaris Books
Publishers of Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Dark Fantasy

Welcome to Solaris Mobile Online » Solaris Mobile solarismobile.com
Your default description here Home About Us Services Media Contact Us Wireless Wideband Communication for the Mobile Age Solaris Mobile leads ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Solaris
Solaris Operating System - Gateway page to knowledge base, forums, patches, hardware guide, online support center, marketing materials, product ...

Chris Solari (@chrissolari) on Twitter

Solaris - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
En grande -large size See where this picture was taken. [?]

Solaris Full Highway Scene - YouTube
Highway scene from Tarkovsky's Solaris (1972)

Oracle subpoenas Comcast in connection with Solaris support lawsuit
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix ...

Can toilet paper be a luxury product? Solaris attacks $1.4b oligopoly
Solaris Paper head Terry Hughes is going up-market with a toilet paper brand called Emporia, tackling the $1.4 billion oligopoly in Australia's ...