Open Client on the Server

Does anybody use Open Client on the server?

If yes, then what EBF you use?  Are results good?
Any pointers on how to get the right EBF to insure
the best multithreading and minimum memory leaks?

Thanks,

Eugene.

Eugene Krupatkin
Krupach, Inc.
0
Eugene
3/9/1999 2:28:22 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Eugene Krupatkin wrote:

> Does anybody use Open Client on the server?

Err... what do you mean by that?

Michael
Michael
3/9/1999 3:28:27 PM
Michael,

What I mean is using Open Client
in tools like Allaire Cold Fusion.

Open Client drivers in this case are located
on the webserver.

So what I'm curious is does anybody in this forum
ever dealt with that situation on Solaris box and
what EBF seems to work better for 11.1.1 Open Client
and what problems anybody saw that relate to multithreaded
environment and Open Client.

Thanks,

Eugene.

On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 07:28:27 -0800,
 in sybase.public.connectivity.open_client
Michael Peppler <mpeppler@mbay.net> wrote:
>Eugene Krupatkin wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody use Open Client on the server?
>
>Err... what do you mean by that?
>
>Michael
>--
>Michael Peppler         -||-  Data Migrations Inc.
>mpeppler@mbay.net       -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
>Int. Sybase User Group  -||-  http://www.isug.com
Eugene
3/9/1999 3:50:46 PM
Eugene,
The latest EBF for 11.1.1 is fine.  We use that version with
Sybase PowerDynamo (a similar tool to Cold Fusion).  I had thought
that C.F. uses only ODBC drivers, but it sounds like it also
has native connectivity (good idea).

Multi-threaded capability of Open Server is with 11.1 and higher.
However, 11.1.1 is more stable than 11.1 and you should look at
using the latest EBF of O.C. 11.1.1 for Solaris.

John McVicker
Sybase Professional Services
Philadelphia, PA

Eugene Krupatkin wrote:

> Michael,
>
> What I mean is using Open Client
> in tools like Allaire Cold Fusion.
>
> Open Client drivers in this case are located
> on the webserver.
>
> So what I'm curious is does anybody in this forum
> ever dealt with that situation on Solaris box and
> what EBF seems to work better for 11.1.1 Open Client
> and what problems anybody saw that relate to multithreaded
> environment and Open Client.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eugene.
>
> On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 07:28:27 -0800,
>  in sybase.public.connectivity.open_client
> Michael Peppler <mpeppler@mbay.net> wrote:
> >Eugene Krupatkin wrote:
> >>
> >> Does anybody use Open Client on the server?
> >
> >Err... what do you mean by that?
> >
> >Michael
> >--
> >Michael Peppler         -||-  Data Migrations Inc.
> >mpeppler@mbay.net       -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
> >Int. Sybase User Group  -||-  http://www.isug.com
John

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

Open Client/Server
Dear all I am newbie to Sybase if anyone could answer my question it will be greatfull.Thank you in advance. What is Sybase Open Client/Server ? Where i can download the setup for this application ? How libct.dll,libcs.dll and libcomn.dll related to this Open Client /Server ? How is differs to Windows 95 and Windows XP ? Regards Waheed Hello, Open Client and Open Server are a collection of C API's that allow developers to create programs that access the Sybase ASE database or Open Server applications. NOTE: As of Open Client version 12.5, the product is named "S...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

Open client open source or Solaris x86
Is there an open source version of the open client? Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl script running on Solaris on an Intel box? TIA Chris chrisl@jungle.com wrote: > > Is there an open source version of the open client? > Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been > discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or > i...

GW802HP3 client

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

automation server to client and client to server
I have to applications that need to communicate with each other. Is it practical for both of them to be servers and clients to each other? One of the applications will work primarily as a server and will launch the other application. The newly launched application needs to be able to send occasional information to the server to update information in the application that launched it. Also, if the user attempts to close the launched application it needs to tell the launcher application to close the appl ication that it launched. Does this sound practical? This is kind of like launching wo...

Web resources about - Open Client on the Server - sybase.open-client

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

In Search Of Client Portals: Office 365
Can Microsoft Office 365 be used as a practice management tool?

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

When Clients Don’t Pay: Legal Options for Freelancers
It’s a worst case scenario for a freelancer. After spending valuable time and energy completing a project to your client’s exact specifications, ...

Guggenheim Securities' clients - Business Insider Deutschland
The 16-year-old firm has been an adviser on 5 massive transactions in what has been one of the busiest years for mergers and acquisitions on ...

Lawyer defends cop who shot teen 16 times, says client feared for life
The lawyer for the Chicago police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old Laquan McDonald defended his client Friday, saying the officer feared ...