Open Client installation at remote clients

We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power
Builder app.  The clients are geographically
dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd
like to automate the distribution and installation
of Open Client.  I'm sure this is a situation that
comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations
are out there that work.  Can anybody tell me what's
the best way of automating the distribution,
installation and configuration process?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Coon
University of California
larry@assist.org
and lmcoon@home.com
0
Larry
2/7/1999 11:14:36 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

GW802HP3 client

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

Installing Novell Client on Open Suse 11.4 novell-client-2.0-sp2-sle11-i586.iso
I am trying to get the Novell Client installed and running on a couple of Open Suse 11.4 machines. Has anyone had any success getting this running? novell-client-2.0-sp2-sle11-i586.iso I have downloaded the file as an ISO from the Novell Downloads, but I cannot get it to install. I have downloaded the Version 11 as per the file name above. I keep getting one dependency after another when trying to install. Any help appreciated. Kind regards Matthew -- GOONER23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 2011-06-22 08:36, G...

Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming
Hi, I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3 B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system. Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script for UNIX makefiles. For HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800. In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I must use ...

Rolling Out Open Client to large client site(s)...
Can anyone out there make a recommendation onhow to roll out Sybase OpenClient to a large Windows environment? I am the database administrator / Unix Admin for a relatively large (several thousand PC users) site. Other than several back office applications, we are pretty much a "Microsoft Shop". One of my NT Admins who handles rolling out new client products (we use a tool called Wise, packaged up with Microsoft SMS) complained bitterly last year when we instituted 32-bit 11.1.1 into an environment that was 16-bit 10.0.4 (our application vendor finally upgraded their code t...

Open Client Installation.
How can I install "Open Client" in a Windows Nt operating system via login script or via "System Management Server"? Thank by Mirko Mangone sysp (pablo@keymail.com) wrote: : How can I install "Open Client" in a Windows Nt operating system via login : script or via "System Management Server"? : Thank Assuming your OpenClient/NT installation is on a file server somewhere, say M:\Syb, you need to set registry entries to set the SYBASE environment variable and to add the Dll and Bin directories to the PATH environment variable. Environment...

Open Client Installation
Hello, Is there any small and simple setup files for installing ASE native clients / open clients?? Regards, Riverwind riverwind@so-net.com.hk wrote... > Hello, > > Is there any small and simple setup files for installing ASE native clients > / open clients?? Not at this time. I requested this at TechWave and I hope to see it soon. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Thanks Jim for your information. ~Riverwind "Jim Egan" <dontspam.dbaguru@eganomics.com> wrote in message news:MPG.17ce058b323be96298bf33@forums.sybase.com... > riverwind@...

Open Client Installation
We have created an app that requires access to ASE12. In order to do so, we are using the Open Client Runtime installation off of the client disk. However, we do not want to install the ASE full client on all of the systems, and would like to be able to install this with minimal effort on the end of our users. Is there an Open Client Runtime installation that we can get from somewhere that we can include in our package to get to the users? You did not mention the platform. The only thing you can do is have the client install the Open Client sdk from sybase as a pre-req. You c...

Open Client Installation
Okay, maybe I've missed this somewhere but I can't find it. I want to load just Open Client and not do a whole ASE installation. What is the best way to go about loading Open Client only on a HP server? Thanks, Linda Linda: Is the HP Server running NT or UNIX? If it's running NT you can use the Sybase Client for Windows and during the beginning of the standard client setup it will give you a checkbox list of options to install. Select Open Client. Let me know if you have it on UNIX and I'll let you know that way as well. Shawn Torkelson Senior D...

Open Client
Are the open client files required to use ASA as an Open Server (dll's, dsedit, etc) included with the 6.02 distribution? If not, how are they distributed and how are they licensed? Anyone know? regards David Doherty ...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Web resources about - Open Client installation at remote clients - sybase.open-client

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?