Open Client 11.1.1 vs 11.1.0

Hi,

We are using Open Client Ct library version 11.1.0 and I find all
 references to Open Cleint 11.1.1 and no 11.1.0. Can anyone let
me know the difference (if any) between these two versions?

Thanks,
Bappa Roy

0
Bappa
7/30/1998 6:30:36 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bappa,
There are a couple new features in 11.1.1, as well as various
bug fixes.  I highly recommend using 11.1.1 over 11.1.0.  For
PC environments, you can just overlay.  The latest EBF for PC
32-bit is 8021.  Similar EBF #s for all other platforms too.

John McVicker
SPS Philadelphia, PA

Bappa Roy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using Open Client Ct library version 11.1.0 and I find all
>  references to Open Cleint 11.1.1 and no 11.1.0. Can anyone let
> me know the difference (if any) between these two versions?
>
> Thanks,
> Bappa Roy
0
John

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client 11.1.1
hi folks: i need help with an open client/server issue. our system administrator upgraded our development host to HP-UX 11 and now .. i'm having trouble connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client/server. we are using open client 11.1.1. this error was generated trying to run bcp against our development box from another host: CTLIB Message: - L5/O3/S5/N4/5/0: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Establishing connection failed. attempts to connect from powerbuilder and dbartisan...

Open Client 10.0.4 vs 11.1.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD53FD.23C24F10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone in a nutshell explain what the differences between the 1004 = codeline and 11.1.1 codeline so that I can evaluate if we need to shift? = We're comfortably using 1004 talking to our Sybase System X and System = XI servers. Just wondering. Thanks P ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD53FD.23C24F10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tra...

Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11
I asked for a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11. I got a cd with the catalog number marked as follows: SYBASE Products for HP 9000/800 Cat# Ver Product 17230 11.1.1 Open Client/C Developer's Kit The Release Bulletin for this product is dated 9/9/97 and inside it says that product supports HP 9000/800 HP-UX 10.0.1. I need to do use pthreads, which were introduced in HP-UX 11. Do I have the right version of Open Client? What is the right catalog or SKU number to get the HP-UX 11 version of Open Client/C 11.1.1 ? - Dave On Thu, 1 Ju...

Error with ODBC 11.1 and Open Client 11.1
I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. I'm developing asp-pages on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation with MS Visual InterDev 6.0 and I'm trying to connect to a Sybase database located on a unix server (HP-UX 10). I have no problem connecting to the database when I link it through Access, but when I try to open a table or view in InterDev, I get the following error msg: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_con_props(SET,NETIO): user api layer: external error: The buflen parameter must be set to CS_UNUSED I found that this error had been reported on S...

Open Client 10.0.3, 10.0.4 to 11.1.1
Team, I have few questions here, if anyone can comment I would appreciate it. It is very important as we are getting closer to Y2K. 1. We are running PC(win95)open client 10.0.3, which as Sybase has stated is not certified as Y2K compliant. On Sybase "product matrix compliance" it states that PC open client 10.0.4 with EBF and 11.1.1 with EBF are certified as compliant. On the other hand, on doc#20217 titled "End of support alert for pre-release 11" sybase has mentioned that it has terminated all support for pre-relase 11 products including Open client. Now, my q...

Open Client 10.0.3, 10.0.4 to 11.1.1
Team, I have few questions here, if anyone can comment I would appreciate it. It is very important as we are getting closer to Y2K. 1. We are running PC(win95)open client 10.0.3, which as Sybase has stated is not certified as Y2K compliant. On Sybase "product matrix compliance" it states that PC open client 10.0.4 with EBF and 11.1.1 with EBF are certified as compliant. On the other hand, on doc#20217 titled "End of support alert for pre-release 11" sybase has mentioned that it has terminated all support for pre-relase 11 products including Open client. Now, my q...

Open Client 11.1.1 on HP-UX 11.x
Anyone know how I can get my hands on a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11.x? Thanks! ...

Open Client 11.1.1
Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? I am a licensed user of Adaptive Server 11.5 which ships with open client 11.1.1, but I am only wanting to install the open client portion. How can I do this? Thanks, Aaron If you are still wondering, there is a radio button in the install of 11.5 that asks whether you want to install "Licensed Products" or "Open Client". Choose Open Client! Aaron Cripe <acripe@amgeneral.com> wrote in message news:37C1ABC9.FE12A9FA@amgeneral.com... > Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? >...

Open Client 11.1.1
Hi, Pl. clarify the following questions: 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12.5 to connect to ASE 11.5 ? Thanks, Murali On Thu, 16 May 2002 07:41:54 -0700, Murali wrote: > Hi, > > Pl. clarify the following questions: > > 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? Yes. But the new wider varchar() columns won't be available (the data will get truncated at 255 bytes, and you'll get an error message or a warning). > > 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12...

Open Client 11.1.1 problem with iPlanet (netscape) 4.1
Hi there! I just upgraded my Web Server from Netscape Enterprise Enterprise Server 3.5.1 to the renamed iPlanet 4.1 and I have problems with this library "libcomn_dce.sl" that the Web Server is not able to load. With the old version it worked just fine. Has anybody had the same problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E218AB293BD2BBC3D3B89F2A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Have you check the $LIBPATH on the new iPlanet 4.1 version? What version of HP UX is this? Is this the same OS leve...

Open Client 11.1.1 and ASE 11.9.2 for linux
Hi, is it possible to run ASE 11.9.2 on linux and connect to it with Open Client 11.1.1 for linux ? -- Jan Jan Krause - jkrause@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de Jan Krause wrote: > > Hi, > > is it possible to run ASE 11.9.2 on linux and connect to it > with Open Client 11.1.1 for linux ? Yes. See http://linux.sybase.com Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-list@isug.com M...

Error in C application when opening two cursors with Open Client 11.1.1
Hi all, When have and application that works with Sybase Adaptive Server. This application uses Direct Connection Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to the database and alternatively Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5. We have traced the problem and we know that when the application opens a second cursor in the same transaction and that the first one is not closed then we have an error. The problem is that with a Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5 everything works fine. If you have any clue, please let me know, Thank You Jeff ...

Time Value in Open Client 11.1.1 or 10.0.3
All, Are there any "Time Out" setting in Sybase Opne Client that control respone time while making a database connection? I found an issue in Infobase that you are able to set the time out value in CS_NO_LIMIT. But, I can't seem be able to find it. Doest anyone know exactly where and how to set it. thank in advance. Ricky Ricky, For CTLIBBRARY the connection timeout property is CS_LOGIN_TIMEOUT and is set to 60 seconds by default. Use the ct_con_props() api to modify the property. For DBLIBRARY the timeout setting is set using the dbsetlogintime() ...

Web resources about - Open Client 11.1.1 vs 11.1.0 - sybase.open-client

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Lawyer labels client 'stupid' after New Year text to ex lands him behind bars for a week
Man's five days in prison for New Year text was significant &quot;wake-up call&quot;, lawyer says.

'They're robbers': Debt management firms leaving clients worse off
Debt vultures promise to sort out your money problems, but sometimes, they can make matters worse.

Beyond Biglaw: Categorizing Clients
In order to make a good decision about how to handle clients, it is important to assess their actual or potential contribution to the firm’s ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Spotlight On NW Creative: Fell Swoop And Its Unique Client Mix
After living in Seattle for a few years, it’s become clear to me that many shops here struggle to capture significant business from clients headquartered ...

New online FX broker group rails against client money laws
A group of online broking firms have launched a desperate bid to sway the government on its proposed client fund segregation laws.

SanDisk Announces X400 Client SSD for OEMs
... Like the X300, the X400 uses TLC NAND flash and relies on SLC-mode write caching to provide competitive write speeds. SanDisk OEM Client SSD ...