Open Client 11.1.1 problem with iPlanet (netscape) 4.1

Hi there!

I just upgraded my Web Server from Netscape Enterprise Enterprise Server
3.5.1 to the renamed iPlanet 4.1 and I have problems with this library
"libcomn_dce.sl" that the Web Server is not able to load. With the old
version it worked just fine.

Has anybody had the same problem?

0
Carlos
7/5/2000 9:28:13 AM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------E218AB293BD2BBC3D3B89F2A

Have you check the $LIBPATH on the new iPlanet 4.1 version?  What version of
HP UX is this?  Is this the same OS level as you were running Netscape
Enterprise Server on?
Are you using the Sybase openclient libraries for the correct OS ie. are the
Sybase libraries those for HP UX/11 if you are on this platform version.

Jay

Carlos Gonz�lez wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I just upgraded my Web Server from Netscape Enterprise Enterprise Server
> 3.5.1 to the renamed iPlanet 4.1 and I have problems with this library
> "libcomn_dce.sl" that the Web Server is not able to load. With the old
> version it worked just fine.
>
> Has anybody had the same problem?

--------------E218AB293BD2BBC3D3B89F2A

begin:vcard
n:Anderson;Jay
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jay.anderson
fn:Jay Anderson
end:vcard

--------------E218AB293BD2BBC3D3B89F2A--

0
Jay
7/6/2000 11:31:43 PM
>Have you check the $LIBPATH on the new iPlanet 4.1 version?
Yes

>What version of HP UX is this?
11.0

>Is this the same OS level as you were running Netscape
Enterprise Server on?
Both are on the same machine

>Are you using the Sybase openclient libraries for the correct OS ie. are
the
Sybase libraries those for HP UX/11 if you are on this platform version.
I have the same libraries I used for HP-UX 10.20 but not the specific for
the HP-UX 11.0 platform
I think that they should work anyway.

0
carlos

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client 11.1.1
hi folks: i need help with an open client/server issue. our system administrator upgraded our development host to HP-UX 11 and now .. i'm having trouble connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client/server. we are using open client 11.1.1. this error was generated trying to run bcp against our development box from another host: CTLIB Message: - L5/O3/S5/N4/5/0: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Establishing connection failed. attempts to connect from powerbuilder and dbartisan...

Open Client 11.1.1 vs 11.1.0
Hi, We are using Open Client Ct library version 11.1.0 and I find all references to Open Cleint 11.1.1 and no 11.1.0. Can anyone let me know the difference (if any) between these two versions? Thanks, Bappa Roy Bappa, There are a couple new features in 11.1.1, as well as various bug fixes. I highly recommend using 11.1.1 over 11.1.0. For PC environments, you can just overlay. The latest EBF for PC 32-bit is 8021. Similar EBF #s for all other platforms too. John McVicker SPS Philadelphia, PA Bappa Roy wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Open Client C...

Open Client 11.1.1 problems on Windows 95
I have recently installed Open Client 11.1.1 on two Windows 95 machines over and existing Open Client 10.0.4. On the first, everything works fine and I able able to use isql, SQL Advantage and Sybase Central normally. On the second, I am able to ping the server using dsedit and log in via isql, but have problems with SQL Advantage and a couple of Delphi applications that use Open Client. SQL Advantage reports the error: "An internal failure has occurred while parsing the command line. Please contact the System Administrator or Sybase Technical Support". It will not let m...

Open Client 11.1.1
Hi, Pl. clarify the following questions: 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12.5 to connect to ASE 11.5 ? Thanks, Murali On Thu, 16 May 2002 07:41:54 -0700, Murali wrote: > Hi, > > Pl. clarify the following questions: > > 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? Yes. But the new wider varchar() columns won't be available (the data will get truncated at 255 bytes, and you'll get an error message or a warning). > > 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12...

Open Client 11.1.1
Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? I am a licensed user of Adaptive Server 11.5 which ships with open client 11.1.1, but I am only wanting to install the open client portion. How can I do this? Thanks, Aaron If you are still wondering, there is a radio button in the install of 11.5 that asks whether you want to install "Licensed Products" or "Open Client". Choose Open Client! Aaron Cripe <acripe@amgeneral.com> wrote in message news:37C1ABC9.FE12A9FA@amgeneral.com... > Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? >...

Open Client 10.0.4 vs 11.1.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD53FD.23C24F10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone in a nutshell explain what the differences between the 1004 = codeline and 11.1.1 codeline so that I can evaluate if we need to shift? = We're comfortably using 1004 talking to our Sybase System X and System = XI servers. Just wondering. Thanks P ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD53FD.23C24F10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tra...

Error in C application when opening two cursors with Open Client 11.1.1
Hi all, When have and application that works with Sybase Adaptive Server. This application uses Direct Connection Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to the database and alternatively Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5. We have traced the problem and we know that when the application opens a second cursor in the same transaction and that the first one is not closed then we have an error. The problem is that with a Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5 everything works fine. If you have any clue, please let me know, Thank You Jeff ...

Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11
I asked for a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11. I got a cd with the catalog number marked as follows: SYBASE Products for HP 9000/800 Cat# Ver Product 17230 11.1.1 Open Client/C Developer's Kit The Release Bulletin for this product is dated 9/9/97 and inside it says that product supports HP 9000/800 HP-UX 10.0.1. I need to do use pthreads, which were introduced in HP-UX 11. Do I have the right version of Open Client? What is the right catalog or SKU number to get the HP-UX 11 version of Open Client/C 11.1.1 ? - Dave On Thu, 1 Ju...

Error with ODBC 11.1 and Open Client 11.1
I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. I'm developing asp-pages on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation with MS Visual InterDev 6.0 and I'm trying to connect to a Sybase database located on a unix server (HP-UX 10). I have no problem connecting to the database when I link it through Access, but when I try to open a table or view in InterDev, I get the following error msg: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_con_props(SET,NETIO): user api layer: external error: The buflen parameter must be set to CS_UNUSED I found that this error had been reported on S...

Open Client 10.0.3, 10.0.4 to 11.1.1
Team, I have few questions here, if anyone can comment I would appreciate it. It is very important as we are getting closer to Y2K. 1. We are running PC(win95)open client 10.0.3, which as Sybase has stated is not certified as Y2K compliant. On Sybase "product matrix compliance" it states that PC open client 10.0.4 with EBF and 11.1.1 with EBF are certified as compliant. On the other hand, on doc#20217 titled "End of support alert for pre-release 11" sybase has mentioned that it has terminated all support for pre-relase 11 products including Open client. Now, my q...

Open Client 10.0.3, 10.0.4 to 11.1.1
Team, I have few questions here, if anyone can comment I would appreciate it. It is very important as we are getting closer to Y2K. 1. We are running PC(win95)open client 10.0.3, which as Sybase has stated is not certified as Y2K compliant. On Sybase "product matrix compliance" it states that PC open client 10.0.4 with EBF and 11.1.1 with EBF are certified as compliant. On the other hand, on doc#20217 titled "End of support alert for pre-release 11" sybase has mentioned that it has terminated all support for pre-relase 11 products including Open client. Now, my q...

where download the open client 11.1.1?
I want to download the Sybase open client 11.1.1 to fix the bug of version 11.1,but I can't find the software in sybase web site?Who can help me? The URL to Sybase Electronic Support Services is: http://support.sybase.com/fd_ess.html Select "Software Distribution". Once you have created an account, follow links to "Sybase Workplace Database Software Libraries", then "Workplace database EBF Download Area (OpenClient). lz wxx <wxx@pub.jlonline.com> wrote in article <$RHnrzdY9GA.575@forums.powersoft.com>... > I want to downl...

Obtaining open client 11.1.1
I am attempting to use DBArtisan to connect to an old Sybase System 10 database on a vax VMS platform. I get errors saying that I need OPEN CLIENT 11.1.1 or higher. The only open client I have is 10.0. How would I go about obtaining a newer version of Open CLIENT. Thanks Hello, I don't believe that 11.x was ever available on VAX/VMS. I think 10.0.4 was the highest release of OC ever made for VAX/VMS. 10.0.4 and 11.1.x were end of lifed a long time ago and the downloads for them are no longer available: ===================================================================...

Web resources about - Open Client 11.1.1 problem with iPlanet (netscape) 4.1 - sybase.open-client

Netscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Communications (formerly known as Netscape Communications Corporation and commonly known as Netscape ) is a US computer services company, ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

The Netscape Blog
After the recent announcement about the future of My.Netscape, there have been a number of questions posed to our feedback channels. We thought ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Tiger Woods Wins Memorial Miss USA 2012 Richard Dawson Dies Youngest M.D. Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: Clinton: Romney ...

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Jim Parsons Outed Phillip Phillips Kidney Surgery Hurricane Bud John Edwards Trial Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: FACT ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL offers today's news, sports, stock quotes, weather, movie reviews, TV trends and more. Get free email, AIM access, online radio, videos and ...

Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA - Flickr ...
Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA. Andreessen is a well renowned Silicon Valley ...

Kristy Hinze marries Netscape founder
Kristy Hinze, the swimsuit model-turned-billionairess, became the fourth Mrs Jim Clark on Monday. - Brisbane Times

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part Of) Netscape
Here’s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least, most of the important parts ...