Obtaining open client 11.1.1

I am attempting to use DBArtisan to connect to an old Sybase
System 10 database on a vax VMS platform.  I get errors
saying that I need OPEN CLIENT 11.1.1 or higher.  The only
open client I have is 10.0.  How would I go about obtaining
a newer version of Open CLIENT.

Bill
5/21/2008 1:53:33 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

I don't believe that 11.x was ever available on VAX/VMS.
I think 10.0.4 was the highest release of OC ever made for VAX/VMS.

10.0.4 and 11.1.x were end of lifed a long time ago and the downloads
for them are no longer available:
OC/OS 10.0.x on VAX/VMS EOL 7/1/1998
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=20363

End of Support Notification for Open Client 11.1, Open Server 11.1 and ODBC Driver 11.1 - January 31, 2001
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002495

OC/OS 11.1.1 EOL - December 31, 2001
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1010683

OC/OS 12.0 EOL - December 31, 2004
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1024453

You should be able to use a current version of Open Client (a.k.a.
the Software Developer's Kit or SDK) to connect to your old 10.x server.

Sybase has been very good about backward compatibility.  The only hitch
is that you can't use newer features available with the newer software.

Thanks,
   Neal
0
SybaseNeal

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client 11.1.1
hi folks: i need help with an open client/server issue. our system administrator upgraded our development host to HP-UX 11 and now .. i'm having trouble connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client/server. we are using open client 11.1.1. this error was generated trying to run bcp against our development box from another host: CTLIB Message: - L5/O3/S5/N4/5/0: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Establishing connection failed. attempts to connect from powerbuilder and dbartisan...

Open Client 11.1.1 vs 11.1.0
Hi, We are using Open Client Ct library version 11.1.0 and I find all references to Open Cleint 11.1.1 and no 11.1.0. Can anyone let me know the difference (if any) between these two versions? Thanks, Bappa Roy Bappa, There are a couple new features in 11.1.1, as well as various bug fixes. I highly recommend using 11.1.1 over 11.1.0. For PC environments, you can just overlay. The latest EBF for PC 32-bit is 8021. Similar EBF #s for all other platforms too. John McVicker SPS Philadelphia, PA Bappa Roy wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Open Client C...

Error in C application when opening two cursors with Open Client 11.1.1
Hi all, When have and application that works with Sybase Adaptive Server. This application uses Direct Connection Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to the database and alternatively Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5. We have traced the problem and we know that when the application opens a second cursor in the same transaction and that the first one is not closed then we have an error. The problem is that with a Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5 everything works fine. If you have any clue, please let me know, Thank You Jeff ...

Open Client 11.1.1
Hi, Pl. clarify the following questions: 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12.5 to connect to ASE 11.5 ? Thanks, Murali On Thu, 16 May 2002 07:41:54 -0700, Murali wrote: > Hi, > > Pl. clarify the following questions: > > 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? Yes. But the new wider varchar() columns won't be available (the data will get truncated at 255 bytes, and you'll get an error message or a warning). > > 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12...

Open Client 11.1.1
Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? I am a licensed user of Adaptive Server 11.5 which ships with open client 11.1.1, but I am only wanting to install the open client portion. How can I do this? Thanks, Aaron If you are still wondering, there is a radio button in the install of 11.5 that asks whether you want to install "Licensed Products" or "Open Client". Choose Open Client! Aaron Cripe <acripe@amgeneral.com> wrote in message news:37C1ABC9.FE12A9FA@amgeneral.com... > Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? >...

Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11
I asked for a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11. I got a cd with the catalog number marked as follows: SYBASE Products for HP 9000/800 Cat# Ver Product 17230 11.1.1 Open Client/C Developer's Kit The Release Bulletin for this product is dated 9/9/97 and inside it says that product supports HP 9000/800 HP-UX 10.0.1. I need to do use pthreads, which were introduced in HP-UX 11. Do I have the right version of Open Client? What is the right catalog or SKU number to get the HP-UX 11 version of Open Client/C 11.1.1 ? - Dave On Thu, 1 Ju...

Error with ODBC 11.1 and Open Client 11.1
I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. I'm developing asp-pages on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation with MS Visual InterDev 6.0 and I'm trying to connect to a Sybase database located on a unix server (HP-UX 10). I have no problem connecting to the database when I link it through Access, but when I try to open a table or view in InterDev, I get the following error msg: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_con_props(SET,NETIO): user api layer: external error: The buflen parameter must be set to CS_UNUSED I found that this error had been reported on S...

Open Client 11.1.1 problem with iPlanet (netscape) 4.1
Hi there! I just upgraded my Web Server from Netscape Enterprise Enterprise Server 3.5.1 to the renamed iPlanet 4.1 and I have problems with this library "libcomn_dce.sl" that the Web Server is not able to load. With the old version it worked just fine. Has anybody had the same problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E218AB293BD2BBC3D3B89F2A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Have you check the $LIBPATH on the new iPlanet 4.1 version? What version of HP UX is this? Is this the same OS leve...

Open Client 11.1.1 on HP-UX 11.x
Anyone know how I can get my hands on a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11.x? Thanks! ...

Open Client 11.1.1 #2
Is Open Client 11.1.1 compatible with windows 2000? Hi Paulo, Open Client 1111 is certified and compatible, to work with Windows 2000. And we do have customers using this configuration. Regards, Alka. Paulo wrote: > Is Open Client 11.1.1 compatible with windows 2000? We have over 1,000 workstations running 11.1.1 on Win2k... Alka Puri wrote: > Hi Paulo, > > Open Client 1111 is certified and compatible, to work with Windows 2000. > And we do have customers using this configuration. > > Regards, > Alka. > > > Paulo wrote: ...

where download the open client 11.1.1?
I want to download the Sybase open client 11.1.1 to fix the bug of version 11.1,but I can't find the software in sybase web site?Who can help me? The URL to Sybase Electronic Support Services is: http://support.sybase.com/fd_ess.html Select "Software Distribution". Once you have created an account, follow links to "Sybase Workplace Database Software Libraries", then "Workplace database EBF Download Area (OpenClient). lz wxx <wxx@pub.jlonline.com> wrote in article <$RHnrzdY9GA.575@forums.powersoft.com>... > I want to downl...

Open Client for Mac 11.1.1
I am having a problem trying to connect to Sybase Sql server (11.0.3) using Open Client for the Mac (11.1.1). I can access the server using isql but our OMNIS application cannot connect to the server. I also receive the following error when I do connect to the server using isql: "Cannot find the requested charsets in SYSCHARSETS: name = 'mac' No conversions will be done" I have tried using the old charset files in the sybase/charsets/mac folder but this didn't work and I also tried using a different charset (us_english). Using the (us_english) charset I wa...

Open Client 11.1.1 and ASE 11.9.2 for linux
Hi, is it possible to run ASE 11.9.2 on linux and connect to it with Open Client 11.1.1 for linux ? -- Jan Jan Krause - jkrause@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de Jan Krause wrote: > > Hi, > > is it possible to run ASE 11.9.2 on linux and connect to it > with Open Client 11.1.1 for linux ? Yes. See http://linux.sybase.com Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-list@isug.com M...

Web resources about - Obtaining open client 11.1.1 - sybase.open-client

SH prosecutors charge GSK-related investigators with illegally obtaining info
SH prosecutors charge GSK-related investigators with illegally obtaining info

ABQjournal: Obtaining Cheney Rally Ticket Requires Signing Bush Endorsement
Some would-be spectators hoping to attend Vice President Dick Cheney's rally in Rio Rancho this weekend walked out of a Republican campaign office ...

Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
A 12-year-teaching veteran was fired from a Catholic high school in Pennsylvania immediately after he applied for a marriage license with his ...

Apple Outlines The Legal Process For Obtaining User Data In New Document
Apple is offering both users and law enforcement officials more information on how and when user data can be requested.

Two plead guilty to fraudulently obtaining government benefits in Cayuga County
The Cayuga County District Attorney's Office said that two people pleaded guilty Thursday to fraudulently receiving government funds.

"And so really the only argument you can make against the verification and inspection mechanism that ...
"... because they’d find some way to get around it because they're untrustworthy. And if that's your view, then we go back to the choice that ...

Obtaining Business Loans From Neighbors
In January 2010, Ben Slayton and his wife, Erin Cinelli, tapped personal savings and borrowed money from their parents to buy a butcher shop ...

Court docs: Toronto mayor tried obtaining tape
TORONTO (AP) â" New court documents released Wednesday suggest Toronto Mayor Rob Ford may have offered $5,000 and a car to suspected drug dealers ...

Obtaining 25% Of Energy From Renewables Would Save Billions
... plants, according to a comprehensive new analysis released today by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). The study found that obtaining ...

Same sex couples in Texas begin obtaining marriage licenses
As some Texans celebrated the marriage equality announcement in the state capital, the fight may not be entirely over. Gov. Greg Abbott issued ...