Number of User, Number of Connections

Hi,

Does open client provide a mechanism to write an application that will alow
me to monitor the number of users and connections to a database?

Regards,
San
0
San
8/12/2001 5:37:53 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Does open client provide a mechanism to write an application that will alow
> me to monitor the number of users and connections to a database?

I do not think Open Client has a way to do it, but I think the easiest is to
select the info from  master.dbo.sysprocesses

Stephan

0
Stephan
8/12/2001 8:18:03 PM
On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:18:03 -0400, Stephan Marais <smarais@mindspring.com> wrote:

You could write an openclient application that logins and periodically performs selects against master.dbo.sysprocesses for specific information.

Jay
>> Does open client provide a mechanism to write an application that will alow
>> me to monitor the number of users and connections to a database?
>
>I do not think Open Client has a way to do it, but I think the easiest is to
>select the info from  master.dbo.sysprocesses
>
>Stephan

0
janders

number connection with huge number user !
I use sqlhelper to get data from database.my table has 10000 records.I know that there are approximates 3000 users access my web application and load 10000 records about  5 minutes.I use method ExecuteDataSet to get DataSet from server.I feel that there are many connection hit database (connection pooling is about 90) , web application is quite slowly.Are there other solutions to get better ?Thank you very much.   How about caching the result from the database the first time?When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a rep...

problem with number/number=number ?
hi i need for below 1/36 = 0,0277777777777778 but result should be 1 3/36 should be 1 35/36 should be 1..... (between 1 and 36)/36 should be 1 36/36  and 37/36 and 45/36 and 71/36 should be 2  (between 72 and 37)/36 should be 2  (between 107 and 73)/36 should be 3  and go on how can i do it ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, I think that (int)(n / 36) + 1 will do the trick  hi it work true without below  result 1 for 1/36 and 4 /36 and 35 /36 .. it is true.. but result 2 for 36/36 . res...

When is a number not a number?
I've got some server script that determines the "SELECTED" entry in a SELECT control. (The code below is a snippet.) If no information is returned then I want the number defaulted a hard-coded value, otherwise, I want number that matches the returned value selected. The defaulted, hard-coded value works but the comparison (i == val) doesn't work if a a value was returned in the information. I've verified that it is indeed a number within the range I want. Why would this comparison fail like this? TIA Alan Rosine <snip> if (docInfo.advPayMonths =...

Number of connections (spid numbers)
Since upgrading from 11.9.2 to 12.5.1, I have noticed a significant increase in the spid number assigned to connections. Actually, it broke an application that captures @@spid to a 3-char field. I usually have no more than between 300 and 400 concurrent connections with anywhere from 30 - 50 new connections each hour (per sysmon). The spid numbers are now reaching over the 1000 mark. Has anything changed in how spid numbers are assigned? I assumed that a spid number is assigned either by one thats been previously assigned and available or the next highest number sequentially. If I ch...

How do we find the current number of users online and the number of users visited?
Hi Guys, Can anyone let me know how to keep track of the number of users online in a current application and the number of users who've visited the application. I want to display the number of users currently online and the users who've visited the page in my web application. Can I use the Global.asax file to do the same. I do not want to use a database to store these information as I dont want too much overhead on the server and I dont want network traffic overload. ThanksKarthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai Hi, You can use the functions in the global.asax file. Create...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Number of Client Connection
Hi, I'm developing a 3-tier client/server system using VB5 and SA 5.5. I want to display the number of client connections that are made to the server in a static text. Can somebody tell me how to do this? If possible, pls give some code example. thanks good day chan ...

Number of User Connections
How do I find out how many user connections I currently have? Not the configured amount but how many I have against my server at any given time. Thanks If you mean "the current number of active user connections", try this: select count(*) from master..sysprocesses where suid > 0 HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 / TeamSybase Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop): "Tips, Tricks & Recipe...

Number of User Connections
Hi! We have been getting a 'maximum number of user connections has been reached error.' Is there a way to check how many user connections are being used? I mean, is there a select I can execute to check the number of current user connections to the server? I want to be able to see from time to time how many user connections are utilized so we'll have an idea of how many user connections we should configure our server. Any input/hints would be greatly appreciated. select count(*) from sysprocesses, less the number of system processes. -bret PBelle wrote: >...

number of user connection
Hello, I am using Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.3/EBF 10980 ESD#1 on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola). When I try to set the "number of user connection" to a value higher than 25 I get the following error: 1> sp_configure "number of user connections", 30 2> go Msg 10848, Level 16, State 1: Server 'speedy', Procedure 'sp_configure', Line 616: The Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition does not allow you to set this configuration parameter to a value higher than 25. Msg 5849, Level 16, State 1: Server...

Number of connected users ?????
How can I get the number of connected users on a database ??? (If it's possible of course !) Thanks ! Cyril, try use system variable '@@connections'; or try use 'sa_conn_info' and '@@rowcount' (build a procedure with this two statments). /// Claudinei Walker - S�o Paulo - Brazil /// Cyril FERDYNUS escreveu na mensagem ... >How can I get the number of connected users on a database ??? > >(If it's possible of course !) > >Thanks ! > > You may use "sa_db_info" or the following statement. Please use ...

number of user connection

number of user connections
I have SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 in a Windows NT Server, but only one client at time NT Workstaion can connect to the database. How can i connect to the DB with more users at the same time? Are you using dbeng6 or dbsrv6? ...

number of user connections
Hi, I'm trying to configure my server, ASE 12 on sun ha. My number of user connections is set to 200. I want to change that to 1000. I think the servercan support this I have 2G of memory but I need to know the effect on the other parameters. Thaks Bilal ELJOUZOU wrote: > > I'm trying to configure my server, ASE 12 on sun ha. > My number of user connections is set to 200. I want to change that to 1000. > I think the servercan support this I have 2G of memory but I need to know > the effect on the other parameters. Each user connection requires a ce...

Web resources about - Number of User, Number of Connections - sybase.open-client

No state funds will be used to fix it, but some gas storage sites must now be monitored.

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...