network packet layer error

I am trying to set up sybase to have one sybase application
(solaris) talk to another (dec unix).
I get the following error:
ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib
protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kathy Holland
kholland1@home.com
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: Sun Solaris Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 john.taber@cntcorp.com I have the same thing that happens on: Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12 Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10 I have never been able to track down the cause. <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:1AA373CC983538CC0072CF018525695B.0072CF0E8525695B@webforums... > Has anyone seen this? > > Server: Sun Solaris > Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 > > john.taber@cntcorp.com What are your server settings for: default network packet s...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: SUn Solaris Client: Winnt 4.0 Sybase system 10 client John.taber@cntcorp.com ...

Network packet layer error
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

Network Packet Layer Error
When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6 application I receive the following error: DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect (6) This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar 8 09:27:07 PST 1998. I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform. Thank You Phil Rogers Phil, The error is coming from the netlib layer of O...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

Cleint ERROR
Hi, I'm working on hpux 10.20 with ctlib 11.1. I have a program that receives a notification and right after it tries to retrieve a table. The retrieve fails with the following error: Client ERROR: Severity 5 number 18 Layer 5 Origin 1 Text: ct_result(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received. If I put a delay between the notification reception and the retrieve - everything works fine. Any ideas ?? ...

Network packet layer error #2
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

network packet layer error #2
hi i am using ASE 12.5.2 we are using a powerbuilder utility which reads data from a text file line by line does some front end validation and inserts into the database through a stored procedure. The size size of the text file is huge and it takes nearly 3 hours to complete usually. But now its throwing the following database errors and aborting after one or two hours. " ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" "ct_cmd_alloc(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked...

Open Client & network packet size
How can I force Open Client library to use 'default network packet size' All utilities (like isql and most of all ssremote.exe) use packet size of 512 regardless of setting 'default network packet size' to 2048. I see very big performance impact in ODBC connection - changing packet size from 512 to 2048 gives more than 5 times improvement. I hope to see similar improvement in ssremote. TIA Andrzej Wilkoszewski NET Soft Andrzej Wiloszewski wrote: > > How can I force Open Client library to use 'default network packet size' > > Al...

ct-lirary error: network packet layer
Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means? ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library error terminated due to disconnect Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase any help please??? Anonymous@sybase.com wrote: > > Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means? > > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library > error terminated due to disconnect > > Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase > > any help please??? CT-Libr...

VPN client error
I am trying to get our vpn clients working. I have tried to get the vpn client running on Windows 98/NT/2000 with no luck. I keep getting "Failed processing encrypted network packet" Failed to authenicate Token Password" We don't use Token Password. I checked the knowledge base a found a few things but it did help. One question do I need the login policy object. It did mention deleting this if you don't need it in an TID. What is it used for. We are running BM 3.6 Sp2a on Novell 5.0 Sp6a but it's in a novell 6 sp1 tree. The novell 6 server hol...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

[URGENT] srvbuildres: Open Client message: 'ct_results(): network packet
Any Gurus out there to let me know how to sort this thing out ? What could be the error messages related to the ct_<function> ? It's running on Solari 2.6 and an Ultra 10. This also occurs systematically after each re-installation of Solaris and the ASE 11.9.2... Running 'srvbuildres' and creating the sybase server.../opt/sybase/bin/srvbuildres: Port number '1025' is being reserved or currently in use by a running server. /opt/sybase/bin/srvbuildres: Building Adaptive Server 'DATABASE': /opt/sybase/bin/srvbuildres: Building master device... /...

Web resources about - network packet layer error - sybase.open-client

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Talk:PlayStation Network outage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Video games , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of video games on Wikipedia. If ...

Islamic State is building network in Jakarta, Indonesia: Sidney Jones
INDONESIAN forces are mobilising for a manhunt in steamy jungles on the far-flung island of Sulawesi to flush the country’s most-wanted man from ...

Trump Forces Networks to Ask: Can We Say That?
In an extended discussion of Donald Trump ‘s attack on Hillary Clinton , NBC’s Matt Lauer talked about Trump’s language as “demeaning” and “degrading” ...

Iranian hackers breached a U.S. dam’s network security, report says
Iranian hackers managed to breach the network of a U.S. dam at some point in 2013, a report reveals, raising concerns about the security of critical ...

Furukawa Electric: Recycled Plastic Cable Trough Has Been Officially Approved by the UK Railway Network ...
&rdquo;Green Trough&reg;&rdquo;, a recycled plastic cable trough developed by Furukawa Electric (TOKYO:5801)(ISIN:JP3827200001), has been officially ...

IDG Contributor Network: 6 best gadgets of 2015 for doing real work
Looking back at 2015, there were a few gadgets that became quite useful in my daily routine. A few were helpful at tech conferences and on a ...

Nissan-BMW rolling out electric car charging network
Tesla has built out a nationwide network of charging stations for owners of its cars, which is awesome, but it does little to build out infrastructure ...

Hits & Misses: Broadcast Networks’ Fall Scorecard And Look Ahead To Midseason
The fall finales are over, and it’s probably hard to remember how most freshman series ended their initial runs. That’s because there weren’t ...

Fox is reportedly removing Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci from the network’s MLB booth.
Fox is reportedly removing Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci from the network’s MLB booth. John Smoltz will be Joe Buck’s new partner. [ New York ...