how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder

hello:

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
I read online help but I don't get useful messages

thanks

Gino Lin

0
Gino
10/30/2003 3:14:28 AM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK.
You might want to post your question to one of the
PowerBuilder newsgroups:
http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248

Maybe this one would be best:

Gino Lin wrote:
> hello:
>
> how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
> I read online help but I don't get useful messages
>
> thanks
>

> Gino Lin

0
Neal
10/30/2003 1:28:37 PM
I am sorry to post here and thanks you very much!

Gino Lin

Neal Stack �g�D�G

> Hello,
>
> This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK.
> You might want to post your question to one of the
> PowerBuilder newsgroups:
> http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248
>
> Maybe this one would be best:
>
> Gino Lin wrote:
> > hello:
> >
> > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
> > I read online help but I don't get useful messages
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > Gino Lin

0
Gino

hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

Batch printing PDF files from powerbuilder...
Has anyone implemented batch printing of pdf files from powerbuilder. I tried RUN ( acrobat32.exe + /p /o /h + fileargs ) I would like to have adobe open before i issue the shell command as there is some performance improvement, but the problem is after the batch printing process is completed i want to kill adobe. Is there any win32 functions available to kill an application or something. Which is the best way to implement this. Thanks in advance, -Ram Steve, You can use FindWindowA to get a handle to any window that you can specify the title text for. Then use SendMessag...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram ...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

Opening Image, PDF files in Powerbuilder
Hi All, I am searching for a method to open .BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .TIF, .PDF files from Powerbuilder based on the extensions. Now I am able to open only .DOC and .DOCX files. I am new to Ole Controls. Pls help me in doing this. If not all atleast 1 or 2 of the above extensions will do. Thanks in advance, Prakash ShellExecute will work for this, if you don't need the viewer itself within the Powerbuilder application. Pat "Sai Prakash" <saipriya.9@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194338134.773013.106350@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi All,...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 #2
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram You posted this same request yesterday - and have responses. See 'objects' Newsgroup post 'Saveas PDF on Client Machine' on 10/16/08 HTH KL > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > > I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. > > > I didn'...

PDF files printed from datawindow open automatically!
I use PDFWriter to print datawindow into PDF files. But the problem is after the PDF file is printed, it is automatically opened by Adobe Acrobat, and this uses a lot of system resorces. Does someone know this? Please tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks. You may have to google because I remember there are many threads for it. http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en <David Gao> wrote in message news:40f2f1dc.14bf.1681692777@sybase.com... > I use PDFWriter to print datawindow into PDF files. But the > problem is after the PDF file is printed, it is > aut...

print pdf file without opening on the browser
Hi, I have a aspx page which generates a pdf file and opens it on the browser. How can I print this pdf file without opening it on the browser? What I am trying to do is I have a hyperlink(print) on the main page which calls this aspx page. When I click this link I don't want PDF file to open and select the print option. I appreciate your help. Thanks.   It has to be opened in order for it to be printed. There is no way around that. You could try opening it up in a hidden iframe and print it that way. EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Thanks for your help. Cou...

AMYUNI: directly print a pdf-file in powerbuilder
Hello anybody! I have problems defining and printing with the amyuni print driver (with CDIntf.DLL) directly to a pdf-file in powerbuilder 7.0.3 Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get an example code with the defining of the external functions, generate a new amyuni-printerdriver, print an PB-datastore, close the printdriver? It seems that the definition of the external functions is a little bit difficult. Running my code results in: Error: Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function getlasterrormsg. (invalid stack pointer on ret...

How to print PDF files to printer in client location
My application will list a set of the PDF file names along with a check box to the user. The user will select one or more files and click print. This should print the selected files to the printer in client location . The PDF files are stored inside my database. How to print PDF files using asp? I suggest popping up a new window for each PDF and calling the client-side print function on that window. If that doesn't work, there is an ActiveX control built in to Internet Explorer that you can use to print without a dialog box... google on "print without dialog box" and you...

How to Print PDF File without opening in ASP.net
Hi Everyone,I'm strange to Print PDF File without opening in ASP.net, i have a URL of pdf file and i want to print directly to printer. i would really appreciate if any one has an idea on that.Thanks in Advance.  In order to print it you have to open it. No way around it.EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn You can also look at this work around I wrote about:http://radio.javaranch.com/pascarello/2005/05/12/1115923069346.htmlEricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Hi A1ien51 ,first of all Thanx for replying.i implemented the same code but nothing comes ou...

Web resources about - how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder - sybase.open-client

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles