How to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD

Does anyone know how to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere
Studio CD?  Below is the document from sybase,

You can also install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio install
CD. Since the version of the Adaptive Server Anywhere databases that will be
your remote databases is decided by the version of the SQL Anywhere Studio
CD you have, we recommend that you install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL
Anywhere Studio CD. By doing this, you guarantee that the version of SQL
Remote for ASE is the same as the version of the remote databases being used
in your replicating system. Although the version of SQL Remote for ASE that
runs against your ASE server and the version of the ASA remote databases do
not need to match, it's always a good idea to keep everything in synch if at
all possible.

Thanks,
liy

0
liy
2/18/2004 2:07:16 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere CD
Does anyone know how to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD? Below is the document from sybase, You can also install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio install CD. Since the version of the Adaptive Server Anywhere databases that will be your remote databases is decided by the version of the SQL Anywhere Studio CD you have, we recommend that you install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD. By doing this, you guarantee that the version of SQL Remote for ASE is the same as the version of the remote databases being used in your re...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

Installation CD format for SQL Anywhere Studio v7.0
Hi, I have downloaded an evaluation copy of SQL Anywhere Studio v7.0, and noticed that the files are "packaged". Will the files in the actual installation CD be packaged as well? Thanks, Shuk That is right, you have to run setup.exe to do the install. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Please only post to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000 http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000 Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm "Shuk Tse" <shuk_fong_tse@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:4k...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0
What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client machine? Where can I download it? The Unix version of SQL Anywhere Studio is available for purchase. The client software is included in the package. Your sales rep can assist you with the pricing details for client licenses. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to al...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Remote Installing SQL Anywhere
Is there any way i can deploy SQL Anywhere 9 through WinServer 2003 via group policy? Maybe a way to create a deployment package, .msi file? Any help about remote deployment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vitaliy vitaliy@investment-retrievers.com Please do not cross-post. I've answered your question in the ianywhere.public.general newsgroup. -- Joshua Savill iAnywhere Solutions - Product Support Analyst <Vitaliy> wrote in message news:46b8d341.5643.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there any way i can deploy SQL Anywhere 9 through > WinServer 2003 via ...

Runing SQL file offline in a client where SQL is not installed
Hi everybody.I have a .NET application. The application is installed in a client via CD. This application needs to use a database. This database has to run in many different clients with different configurations. I know that if I use a Microsoft Access database there is no need to have it installed in the client. The question is: can I do the same kind of thing if I use a sql file? I am not sure if in order to run the sql file I always need the sql installed in the client.Thanks!  >I know that if I use a Microsoft Access database there is no need to have it installed in the client....

Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)
I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables. I've tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not replicate the trigger actions. Is there a solution to this problem? I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the following: I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated database. I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column as the actual unique primary key, and have another column ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Installation of SQL Anywhere Client software
Can't find the damn CD :-( There is a deployment directory on the server that the documentation indicates that can be used to package and deploy client applications using InstallShiled IDE (which I don't have). Is there anyway to get the S/W needed (e.g. ODBC/JDBC drivers) loaded on a client machine w/o the CD? Thanks, Stu Barrett "Stu Barrett" <Stu.Barrett@calebtech.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u7uLWKr$CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Can't find the damn CD :-( > > There is a deployment directory on the server that the documentation &...

SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0 Java SQL Central
Is there a non Java SQL central for SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0? The Java one gives me all sorts of errors and breaks no matter what I do. I can get it working on NT workstations, but not on Win98 workstations. Do I need a certain version of Internet explorer in order to make it work correctly? Or is there a win32 not java version of Sybase Central for SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0. Please e-mail me at robpittfield@loanware.com with any responses you might have. Thanks. Sincerely, Rob Pittfield Rob The online help says that the C++ version 'scview.exe' is still install...

Web resources about - How to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD - sybase.open-client

Wildfire burns 1,200 acres outside Los Angeles, closes highway
By Patrick T. Fallon VENTURA, Calif. (Reuters) - Firefighters on Saturday gained the upper hand on a wildfire northwest of Los Angeles that burned ...

Two shot dead by Chicago cop responding to domestic violence call
A Chicago police officer shot and killed two people early on Saturday while responding to a domestic disturbance call on the city’s West Side, ...

Islamic State claims Bangladesh mosque attack
The Islamic State terrorist group on Saturday claimed responsibility for a suicide attack at a packed mosque of minority Ahmadi community during ...

Syrian rebel commander's death imperils peace process
Zahran Alloush's killing seen as undermining peace process but opposition leader says he will attend Geneva talks.

RSS believes India, Pakistan and Bangladesh will reunite through ‘goodwill’ one day: Ram Madhav
"The RSS still believes that one day these parts, which have for historical reasons separated only 60 years ago, will again, through popular ...

Armie Hammer's Family Christmas Photo is Picture Perfect!
Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers pose with their 12-month-old daughter Harper on their Christmas card. The couple’s dog Archie is also featured ...

UK weather sees country hit by worst floods in decades
Huge swathes of the North of England, including parts of Manchester and Leeds and their satellite towns, were under up to 6ft of water after ...

Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach, Writes Heartfelt Message To Miss Colombia After Steve Harvey Fail
Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach, wrote a heartfelt Facebook post to Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez on Thursday, December 24, with a sympathetic ...

Trying to peg Donald Trump as a misogynist, David Brock uses a blatant misandrist word against him: "wuss." ...
Did you notice this little encounter between Brock and Trump's spokeswoman Katrina Pierson. Pierson was there — on CNN — to explain a couple ...

China Says It Will Expel French Journalist
The reporter, Ursula Gauthier, had written an article criticizing Beijing’s attempt to link the Paris attacks to ethnic violence in China’s northwest. ...