Courses on Open Client/Server

Does sybase still offer courses on open client/open server or where these
topics merge into another course??

OB
0
Orlando_Briganty
7/11/2002 6:59:59 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

I think there is still an Open Client and Open Server programming course:
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002720
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002721

I couldn't find either course on the schedule on the website.  Try calling
1-800-8-SYBASE
to see if they can provide more details on scheduling.

Orlando_Briganty wrote:

> Does sybase still offer courses on open client/open server or where these
> topics merge into another course??
>
> OB

0
Neal

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

Open Client on the Server
Does anybody use Open Client on the server? If yes, then what EBF you use? Are results good? Any pointers on how to get the right EBF to insure the best multithreading and minimum memory leaks? Thanks, Eugene. Eugene Krupatkin Krupach, Inc. Eugene Krupatkin wrote: > > Does anybody use Open Client on the server? Err... what do you mean by that? Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@mbay.net -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-lis...

Open Client/Server
Dear all I am newbie to Sybase if anyone could answer my question it will be greatfull.Thank you in advance. What is Sybase Open Client/Server ? Where i can download the setup for this application ? How libct.dll,libcs.dll and libcomn.dll related to this Open Client /Server ? How is differs to Windows 95 and Windows XP ? Regards Waheed Hello, Open Client and Open Server are a collection of C API's that allow developers to create programs that access the Sybase ASE database or Open Server applications. NOTE: As of Open Client version 12.5, the product is named "S...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

Open client open source or Solaris x86
Is there an open source version of the open client? Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl script running on Solaris on an Intel box? TIA Chris chrisl@jungle.com wrote: > > Is there an open source version of the open client? > Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been > discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or > i...

GW802HP3 client

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

Web resources about - Courses on Open Client/Server - sybase.open-client

Wikipedia:WikiProject United States Public Policy/Courses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook, DigitalGroundUp Team Up On Interactive Courses For Financial-Services SMBs
... with DigitalGroundUp which describes itself as an interactive technology platform that teaches digital marketing via experiential online courses ...

MediabistroEDU Summer Sale: $75 OFF Courses
MediabistroEDU wants this to be your best summer yet. That’s why we’re offering $75 OFF all courses and boot camps with code SUN75 . Before you ...

Monoprix Courses on the App Store on iTunes
Get Monoprix Courses on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: New Courses and Characters - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore PlayStation.Blog's photos on Flickr. PlayStation.Blog has uploaded 18681 photos to Flickr.

George Siemens on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) - YouTube
George Siemens, at the Technology Enhanced Knowledge Research Institute at Athabasca Universityhas been running "Massive Open Online Courses" ...

Charlie Hebdo cartoons: media around the world chart different courses
The delicate balance between upholding freedom of the press and refraining from needlessly offending religious believers has exercised the minds ...

Horses for Courses – how to find the right kind of ISO 27001 help
The NSW Government Digital Information Security Policy (version 1.0, dated November 2012) requires that all NSW Government Departments, Statutory ...

Snow way! Golf goes extreme on some of the world's most amazing courses
IT'S not quite bungee jumping or kitesurfing but the usually sedate world of golf can get extreme.

Accountant shortage a myth to prop up courses, says academic
Foreign accountants are being allowed into Australia under a scheme designed more to prop up the lucrative market for international students ...