XMLHTTP Powerbuilder

I am trying to request a document and using MSXML.4.0 and Keep getting an
error of "external object property" on lole_xml_httpreq.responseText.  Is
this not a valid call?

My status is coming back with 200 - a success

oleobject       lole_xml_httpreq
long            ll_rc
String          ls_requeststring
String          ls_response
String          ls_status

lole_xml_httpreq = CREATE oleobject

ll_rc = lole_xml_httpreq.ConnectToNewObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.4.0")

ls_requeststring = "url"

lole_xml_httpreq.open("GET",ls_requeststring,false)
lole_xml_httpreq.send()

ls_status = String(lole_xml_httpreq.status)
Messagebox("status","Status = " + ls_status

ls_response = lole_xml_httpreq.responseText
Messagebox("",ls_response)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Jason Jakes
0
Jason_Jakes

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:40:00 -0500, Jason_Jakes wrote:

Jason,

When I was wrapping the MSXML 4.0 services in PB8 I noticed that not
all of the methods/properties that were supposed to be exposed were
actually exposed to PowerBuilder ( for what reason, I am unsure ).
Open the control in the PB Object Browser and verify that the property
that you are trying to access is listed in that screen. If not, it's
probably not being exposed to PB as you expected it.

Another "trick" you can sometimes use, if you have access to Visual
Basic, is open the TypeLib for that control in VB and check out how
the methods/properities are listed there ...

For giggles, I'll test out PB8 on my machine with that control and see
if I can get it to work ... will let you know.

D.

>I am trying to request a document and using MSXML.4.0 and Keep getting an
>error of "external object property" on lole_xml_httpreq.responseText.  Is
>this not a valid call?
>
>My status is coming back with 200 - a success
>
>oleobject       lole_xml_httpreq
>long            ll_rc
>String          ls_requeststring
>String          ls_response
>String          ls_status
>
>lole_xml_httpreq = CREATE oleobject
>
>ll_rc = lole_xml_httpreq.ConnectToNewObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.4.0")
>
>ls_requeststring = "url"
>
>lole_xml_httpreq.open("GET",ls_requeststring,false)
>lole_xml_httpreq.send()
>
>ls_status = String(lole_xml_httpreq.status)
>Messagebox("status","Status = " + ls_status
>
>ls_response = lole_xml_httpreq.responseText
>Messagebox("",ls_response)
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>Thanks,
>Jason Jakes

0
Douglas
1/31/2003 3:41:47 PM
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:40:00 -0500, Jason_Jakes wrote:

This is what I tried, and it worked just fine ... perhaps there is a
Case Sensativity issue?

I donno ... here's a copy of my code for you to cut and paste - I just
had it in the click event of a button to mess with ...

D.

----------- Start Code Block -----------------

constant uint S_OK = 0

OLEObject 	lole_control
long 			ll_rc
string		ls_Request
string		ls_Response
string		ls_Status

lole_control = Create OLEObject
If ( isValid( lole_control ) ) Then
	ll_rc = lole_control.ConnectToNewObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.4.0")
	If ( ll_rc = S_OK ) Then
		ls_Request = 'http://www.google.com'
		lole_control.open("GET",ls_request,false)
		lole_control.send()

		ls_status = string( lole_control.status )
		MessageBox("Status Info", ls_status, Information!,
OK!)

		ls_Response = lole_control.ResponseText
		MessageBox("Response", ls_Response, Information!, OK!)

		lole_control.Disconnectobject( )

	Else
		MessageBox("Error #" + string( ll_rc ), "Failed to
connect to Object: MSXML2.XMLHTTP.4.0", StopSign!, OK!)
	End if
Else
	MessageBox("Error", "Failed to create OLE Object container!",
StopSign!, OK!)
End if

----------- End Code Block -----------------
>I am trying to request a document and using MSXML.4.0 and Keep getting an
>error of "external object property" on lole_xml_httpreq.responseText.  Is
>this not a valid call?
>
>My status is coming back with 200 - a success
>
>oleobject       lole_xml_httpreq
>long            ll_rc
>String          ls_requeststring
>String          ls_response
>String          ls_status
>
>lole_xml_httpreq = CREATE oleobject
>
>ll_rc = lole_xml_httpreq.ConnectToNewObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.4.0")
>
>ls_requeststring = "url"
>
>lole_xml_httpreq.open("GET",ls_requeststring,false)
>lole_xml_httpreq.send()
>
>ls_status = String(lole_xml_httpreq.status)
>Messagebox("status","Status = " + ls_status
>
>ls_response = lole_xml_httpreq.responseText
>Messagebox("",ls_response)
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>Thanks,
>Jason Jakes

0
Douglas

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

Recompile PowerBuilder applicarion as ActiveX or OCX
Is it possible to recompile an existing PowerBuilder 5 application as an ActiveX or OCX component that can then be embedded into a Visual Basic application. Basically I would like to reuse an existing PowerBuilder app (or at least sections of it) as part of a new application developed within VB so that it looks like and behaves like a single application. Many thanks Oliver See Application Techniques documentation for the topic "Runtime Automation Server" /ck <Oliver_Lennon> wrote in message news:575D3149D64D5D9F007CF8AE85256C6F.007CF8BE85256C6F@webforums....

insert ActiveX
I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object by OLE. But messagebox show "ole file is failed, license file is required." I don't know how to registor it. Help me!!! regsvr32 MSCOMM32.ocx assuming you are in the directory that the file resides in. <Halina> wrote in message news:640181D0D99A3028002A452185256A7E.002A453285256A7E@webforums... > I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to > registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object b...

Why do more ActiveX OCX controls show up in Excel than PowerBuilder
I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up in Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend can see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version. Its not just the MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations http control also. Interestingly enough, the package which contain Dart's ht...

VB COM (ActiveX dll) OLE from Powerbuilder 10.5
Hello, I have folder/file backup function in my application. To notify the PB window of the progress and status of the backup I use the CopyFileEx (which uses callback) windows api function in visual basic to achieve the file backup The VB project has one main module and one class. The module contains the callback function (the function that will be called by CopyFileEx to notify about the changes and progress of the copy. It also contains the caller function that initiate the CopyFileEx. All that the callback function does is to send a message to a registered PB window ab...

problem with Powerbuilder 9 and Adobe Acrobat 7.0
I=92m using PB9.0 =96 Build 5507 on WinXP Professional. After I update my Adobe Acrobat to 7.0, I could no longer insert an =93Adobe Acrobat OCX for Active X=94 Any ideas how to resolve this?? Thanks Bob Bob H. wrote: > I�m using PB9.0 � Build 5507 on WinXP Professional. > After I update my Adobe Acrobat to 7.0, I could no longer > insert an �Adobe Acrobat OCX for Active X� > > Any ideas how to resolve this?? > > Thanks > > Bob Insert the IE browser control and use it's navigate() method to load the PDF. Acrobat will automaticall...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Danny danm@telexiscorp.com ...

OCX and Powerbuilder
I have a window in which I have an .ocx - ole_name. When I do the following: ole_name.object.method_name() it works just fine. However, when I put the .ocx on a user object (u_userobj) - separate from the window - and call it from my window, it blows up. Here's my syntax from within the window: u_userobj u_uo u_uo = create u_userobj u_uo.ole_name.object.method_name() Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Visual user objects are created using the OpenUserObject() method -- the CREATE statement should only be used for non-visual objects. -- <hopethishelp...

ActiveX, OCX
I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL as the library name. How can I use ActiveX and OCX objects for WinCE in PocketBuilder? rgds, SS ActiveX and OCX are not supported in PocketBuilder. <SS> wrote in message news:42eb46e3.449a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need > to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. > I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL > as the librar...

New to OCX : How can we access OLE, OCX events and properties
Hi Everyone I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is how can we access their events how can we access their properties Thanks There events should be posted along with regular PB events. Access properties and methods with the .OBJECT keyword. i.e. oleobject_1.object.property = ?? Craig Gluck mohammed Al <yagalhaj@aol.com> wrote in article <345E17F5.D6F6A994@aol.com>... > Hi Everyone > I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is > how can we access their events > how can we access their properties > > Thanks >...

OCX and Powerbuilder
Hi, I want to use 2 ocx controls WMList.ocx ( ObjectListControl ) and WMQuery.ocx ( QueryControl) in PowerBuilder, the QueryControl.GetList method returns Object and I am able to successfully use it but ObjectListControl.GetList method returns MSComctlLib.listview and I am unable to use it successfully, I have tried it with simple declaring oleobject as following oleobject lole_objectlist and then we came up with exception, and if we try it with type ( any ) then we are unable to get the class name with method ClassName(any) Any help regarding usage of OCX Control ( Obj...

Web resources about - XMLHTTP Powerbuilder - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles