Win32 API Printer

I'm using Powerbuilder 6.5 and we are having problems with a module in our
application and we found out that part of the reason is there are a couple
of datawindow that are communicating with
the printer and this is slowing down the application. What we have decided
to do is use Win32API to disable the default printer so that there's no
printer and then put back the printer just before you call the print
command. Now I've been doing some research on this and I notice that one
has to declare the Win32API functions first before they can be used. Can
you help me with the functions to call, which dll to use to set up the
system so that there's no printer
and then put the printer back.

Regards

Lloyd Dzinotyiwei
0
Lloyd_Dzinotyiwei

You may want to examine "Dynamically Setting a Default Printer on Win95
and NT (32 bit only)" at
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47627

=======================================
John Strano
[TeamSybase]

In article <186F68BD39E7D93000745B4985256A9C.00745B5985256A9C@webforums>,
Lloyd_Dzinotyiwei says...
> I'm using Powerbuilder 6.5 and we are having problems with a module in our
> application and we found out that part of the reason is there are a couple
> of datawindow that are communicating with
> the printer and this is slowing down the application. What we have decided
> to do is use Win32API to disable the default printer so that there's no
> printer and then put back the printer just before you call the print
> command. Now I've been doing some research on this and I notice that one
> has to declare the Win32API functions first before they can be used. Can
> you help me with the functions to call, which dll to use to set up the
> system so that there's no printer
> and then put the printer back.
>
> Regards
>
> Lloyd Dzinotyiwei