Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup

on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder.
Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's
InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information
that is extremely valuable to other developers.

This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of this
newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and exchange
problems, solutions, information and ideas.

The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest to
maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.

Thank you and welcome on board!

Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
Elevated Technologies, Inc.
http://www.elevatedtech.com

0
Costas

Hi Costas the OCX moderator,

This is the biggest welcome message I've seen so far <g>.
--
- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj

Costas Tsaklas <costas@elevatedtech.com> wrote in article
<01bc7594$3c4cb180$0a0110ac@costas>...
> on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder.

> Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
> development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
> messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on
Powersoft's
> InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information
> that is extremely valuable to other developers.
>
> This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of
this
> newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
> Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and
exchange
> problems, solutions, information and ideas.
>
> The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest to
> maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.
>
> Thank you and welcome on board!
>
> Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
> Elevated Technologies, Inc.
> http://www.elevatedtech.com

0
Eric
6/10/1997 5:44:16 PM
I have a problem using Acrobat Capture OLE Server in my PB 6.0
application.
I'm able to instantiate the OLEObject and to use it,
but when I disconnect from that object I have a GPF Error:

  "CAPSERVE generated a GPF error in module OLEAUT32.DLL"

From the manual of Acrobat Capture 2.0 I read:

  "Strings
   If you are not using MFC or VB, any function or property that
produces a
   string creates the string as an OLE BSTR. The client is always
responsible for
   freeing any BSTR passed or received."

Problaby this is the problem. But how can I "free any BSTR passed or
received".
Is there anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance,  Saul

0
Saul
12/15/1997 2:41:03 PM
The version of excel file produced while using powerscript
datastore.saveas (file_name, Excel!) is 2.1 .

The user wants an upgraded version.  Is there any possible way of upgrading the
version.
I tried using DDE & OLE application automation, but having problem in accessing
ms office 95 excel sheet.

Any one can help?

0
sandhya
1/21/1998 5:50:12 AM
Hi there!

I have a problem to use excel function for selection.columns.autofit method to
be called from PB 5.  Do have any tips to do this.

Tthe scenerio here was to apply excel format to all generated files from the
reporting module. The excel format of the file is originated from powerscript
datastore.saveas(filename, Excel!) option.

So, I applied DDE automation.  But, I am not able to use app.automation
commands using the window handle, Neither to open a file after run command, nor
execremote for autofit, save and close.

If i run('exec.exe', filename) too,
the following execremote command for autofit, save, close  returns -1 return
value.

The code goes like this

Run(excel.exe)
li_rtn = execremote("[app.fielopen Name="~ord.xls~"]","excel","system")
handle = openchannel("excel","ord.xls")
li_rtn = execremote ("app.save( )", handle)
I referred these commands in a Application Development guide.  They all return
-1 value. Run executes the excel, but execremote does not work.  I have
installed office 95, and the excel file used is generated in the report using
excel format for datastore.saveas function.

Can any of you help me out?

0
sandhya

How do i post an entirely new message??

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:47:21 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
Costas Tsaklas <costas@elevatedtech.com> wrote:
>on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder.
>Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
>development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
>messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's
>InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information
>that is extremely valuable to other developers.
>
>This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of this
>newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
>Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and exchange
>problems, solutions, information and ideas.
>
>The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest to
>maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.
>
>Thank you and welcome on board!
>
>Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
>Elevated Technologies, Inc.
>http://www.elevatedtech.com

Sujala

How do i post an entirely new message??

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:47:21 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
Costas Tsaklas <costas@elevatedtech.com> wrote:
>on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder.
>Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
>development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
>messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's
>InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information
>that is extremely valuable to other developers.
>
>This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of this
>newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
>Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and exchange
>problems, solutions, information and ideas.
>
>The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest to
>maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.
>
>Thank you and welcome on board!
>
>Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
>Elevated Technologies, Inc.
>http://www.elevatedtech.com

Sujala
6/11/2002 5:54:39 PM
Exactly like you posted your question.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Sujala Roy" <sujalaroy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How do i post an entirely new message??
>

> On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:47:21 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
> Costas Tsaklas <costas@elevatedtech.com> wrote:
> >on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder.
> >Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
> >development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
> >messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on
Powersoft's
> >InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information
> >that is extremely valuable to other developers.
> >
> >This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of
this
> >newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
> >Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and
exchange
> >problems, solutions, information and ideas.
> >
> >The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest to
> >maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.
> >
> >Thank you and welcome on board!
> >
> >Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
> >Elevated Technologies, Inc.
> >http://www.elevatedtech.com

Terry
6/11/2002 6:03:59 PM
I think Sujala Roy's problem is that "reply" was used, not "post" (hence the
"Re:" in the subject line).

Sujala Roy - please describe your newsreader setup.  Someone may know enough
about it to tell you how to create a new post, rather than just replying.

From what I can see, you are using AspNNTP (from www.serverobjects.com)?  I
don't know if you are using a pre-written interface to talk to AspNNTP.  If
so, you will need to talk to whoever knows about that interface to get an
answer to your question.  If you are programming an interface to use
AspNNTP, from my quick look at the available online docs, you should do the
same thing that you are currently doing, but don't supply a MessageID (cos
that causes you to reply to that message).

Cheers

--
Andrew Linn
Software Engineering Consultant

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> Exactly like you posted your question.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
> Search Google: http://groups.google.com
>
> "Sujala Roy" <sujalaroy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do i post an entirely new message??
> >

> > On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:47:21 -0400,
> >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
> > Costas Tsaklas <costas@elevatedtech.com> wrote:
discussion
> > >on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with
PowerBuilder.
> > >Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
> > >development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
> > >messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on
> Powersoft's
> > >InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide
information
> > >that is extremely valuable to other developers.
> > >
> > >This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of
> this
> > >newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
> > >Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and
> exchange
> > >problems, solutions, information and ideas.
> > >
> > >The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest
> > >maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.
> > >
> > >Thank you and welcome on board!
> > >
> > >Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
> > >Elevated Technologies, Inc.
> > >http://www.elevatedtech.com
> > >

> > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Andrew
6/12/2002 12:24:55 AM
That depends entirely on your newsreader.  You need to consult the
documentation for the program you're using (Advent)
S.

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

> Hi,
>
> How do i post an entirely new message??
>

> On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:47:21 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
> Costas Tsaklas <costas@elevatedtech.com> wrote:
> >on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder.
> >Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your
> >development needs for enhancements and any other feedback.  All posted
> >messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on
Powersoft's
> >InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information
> >that is extremely valuable to other developers.
> >
> >This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not  the purpose of
this
> >newsgroup service to allow customers to get free technical support from
> >Sybase/Powersoft.  It is a place for users to help each other and
exchange
> >problems, solutions, information and ideas.
> >
> >The newsgroup will be monitored and it is to everyone's best interest to
> >maintain a calm and professional manner during our discussions.
> >
> >Thank you and welcome on board!
> >
> >Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] - Moderator
> >Elevated Technologies, Inc.
> >http://www.elevatedtech.com

Simon

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

New to OCX : How can we access OLE, OCX events and properties
Hi Everyone I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is how can we access their events how can we access their properties Thanks There events should be posted along with regular PB events. Access properties and methods with the .OBJECT keyword. i.e. oleobject_1.object.property = ?? Craig Gluck mohammed Al <yagalhaj@aol.com> wrote in article <345E17F5.D6F6A994@aol.com>... > Hi Everyone > I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is > how can we access their events > how can we access their properties > > Thanks >...

OCX/ActiveX
Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms however. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 10 Jul 2007 08:43:19 -0700, "Mohammad Alhabibi" <malhabibi@yalla.com> wrote: >Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? > But Browser activex in Winform don't works. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message news:40k7939bkbj0652duqhk48bo9trevvngsc@4ax.com... > No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms > however. > >...

ActiveX, OCX
I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL as the library name. How can I use ActiveX and OCX objects for WinCE in PocketBuilder? rgds, SS ActiveX and OCX are not supported in PocketBuilder. <SS> wrote in message news:42eb46e3.449a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need > to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. > I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL > as the librar...

OCX, ActiveX
Hi there. I�m looking for a component in which I can create a graph with two Y axes (2 different scales). The idea is to achieve something like excel does with one of its graph types (the "lines in two axes" one) but I don�t want to use excel like an ole object because its menu appears and this is an effect unwished for the application I�m working in. I hope to be clear regarding this issue and if somebody could help me I�d really appreciate it !!! Thanks in advance. C�sar Bernal Mapas y Datos S.A. These guys probably have something that will work for you:...

Barcode ActiveX with OCX
I don�t know what kind of ActiveX Codebar to use. I need put in the datawindow Object a barcode to print in each page the codebar of a item value. I don�t kow how to use it. Thanks, aa Antonio, You can use barcode fonts for that, no need for an OCX control. I searched AltaVista for "barcode 39" and "fonts" and found quite a few. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamPS] Antonio Adell Due�as <aadell@aragob.es> wrote in message news:371ED7DF.AD70AD10@aragob.es... > I don�t know what kind of ActiveX Codebar to use. > > I need pu...

Adobe and OLE/OCX
I have inserted an OCX control for Adobe Reader 6.0 onto my PB window and it's working fine for now. But I understand from the Adobe User Forum that Reader 7.0 will no longer support this. And I actually don't need OCX support and would rather connect to Adobe Reader as an OLE Object that I connect to via ConnectToObject(). Is this possible? Are these two entirely different technologies? Thanks for any help. Last I heard, Adobe Reader does NOT support OLE automation - only the Full Acrobat product supports OLE/COM On 1 Apr 2005 14:25:56 -0800, in sybase.public.p...

OCX on an activeX not working
I have made an activeX control from a usercontrol dll in C#. Now i want to place an exisiting ocx on that usercontrol. It compiles fine but when i run it from a html page, it only dusplays the symbol with the square, circle and triangle. It does not give any errors. When i try the usercontrol on a windows form it runs without a problem. Does anyone know how to get the html running? The ocx uses dll which i copied in the same dir. I still think it is a dll problem or a rights issue. Nobody got a clue or a hint?...

OCX/ACTIVEX FOR HTML
Hello, Does anyone know any freeware ocx/activex that converts doc to html. All i want to do is in a powerbuilder window to have an ole that i can paste on it a doc and convert it to html and then insert the html code in database Thanks Stelios Stelios wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know any freeware ocx/activex that converts doc to html. All i > want to do is in a powerbuilder window to have an ole that i can paste on it > a doc and convert it to html and then insert the html code in database > > Thanks > > Stelios > > ...

Window ActiveX OCX
Hi I need PBRX70.OCX and PBRXS70.OCX. I will appretiate if anyone can tell where I can download it from. Many thanks Obed ...

ActiveX , OCX and other stuff
The story of my life .... Trying to figure out how to work with an ActiveX control in PB or with OLE. Got bored to see the annoying message "Error calling external object function". Is it so hard for Sybase to make PB behave like VB or VC when using external controls. e.g. Use Autocomplete for methods etc. That's really frustrating. Yes even I have faced this kind of problem when I tried to access Powerpoint application using OLE in PB. If autocomplete is provided in PB as VB and VC it proves more handy kishore "Christos Ioannou" <chris...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OCX
I am trying to place a Seagate Crystal Report OCX onto a PB window. The Crystal32.OCX is not in my default list in the OLE control so I registered a new one. I then place this Crystal OCX onto a PB window. I have access to the OCX Properties by right clicking. However if I close this window and reopen it, I cannot access the OCX Properties. It appears as though there is just a control on my window now. Any info. would be appreciated. TIA Bob (bhall@shl.com) ...

Web resources about - Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup - sybase.ole-ocx-activex