VB-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0

Has anyone had success constructing a VB 5.0-based ActiveX control and
embedding it in a PB 6.0 window?  When inserting the control into the PB
window, I get a run-time error number 80004005.  I can insert the same
ActiveX control in a VB applicatoin, and I can also construct JavaBeans,
register them as ActiveX controls (jactivex), and insert them into PB 6.0.
What's the deal with VB-based ActiveXs????

thanks,
nurk.
--
Tom Nurkkala, PhD
tom.nurkkala@powercerv.com

VB 5.0-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0 (build 189)
Has anyone had luck using a VB 5.0-generated ActiveX control into a PB 6.0 (build 189) window? Even simple VB-based ActiveX controls (e.g., a label control) choke, even when simply being placed on a window (error hex 80004005). Same problem when the window is opened from the library painter. When the window runs, I get a PB run-time error 445 (object doesn't support this action), even though my PB app makes NO calls to the ActiveX. Any ideas? thanks, nurk. -- Tom Nurkkala, PhD tom.nurkkala@powercerv.com ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

ActiveX Control causes PB 6.0 to crash
I'm using a simple ActiveX Control to encrypt data (spDES from www.sp-soft.com). In VB 5.0 I have no problem and the control works great, but PB 6.0 seems to have problems. I place the control on a form, save the form, and then close it; no problem. However, when I try to run my app or re-open the form, PB give me the following error: The exception Integer division by zero. (0xc0000094) occured in the application at location 0x02b030b1 I havn't talked with the makers of the control yet, but we have no problem with it in VB or C++. Other controls that I'm using in PB...

Bugs and Problems when using ActiveX ole controls in PB 6/7/8
Hello, fellows, I am trying using ActiveX controls in PB6.5, but when I want to get the properties or call the methods of the activex control, I cannot get the correct string when working in Chinese envirnment. The data type of the properties and the methods of the activex control is string. I have no such problem when the string is english. I test this in PB7 and PB8 also, I have the same problem. I know that the ActiveX control is created by VC++ and in VC++, the data type of all these properties and method of the control is "BSTR". Infact, I think, every ActiveX c...

I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!!
Hello, I have this problem.. can any one help me. What may be the causing error.. Any tips will be helpful. Regards, Samir Please refrain from using the subject line to describe the problem in detail. Subject Line: ---------------- I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!! <SamirKhatri> wrote in message news:2EAE243802D2BE050024C40485256CA0.0024C41B85256CA0@webforums... > Hello, > > I have this problem....

word 2000 and PB7.0 as activex via ole control -- to disable the users ablitty to print outside of the pb application
Hello everyone, I have an application that needs to control the printing of customized documents. we are using word 2000 via an activex control within PB 7.02 ole control. The process works for the most of the time. However, when we disable all the toolbars/command bars the activex control does not want to return control back to pb (sometimes). A simple action of clicking on the vertical scrollbar in the activex control does release control back to the PB script to complete its processing. These docs are protected but the reason for removing the toolbars/command bars is to rem...

PB 6.0
Hello I made a simple application with same objects, without script, and there is only one window child; and I wrote a simple page html that call that Pb6 activeX application. But when I load my page I see my window child over the browser (IE4), and not in the page. Can you help me? Thanks Kleber my page-> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Test VBScript</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <H1>VBScript with the PowerBuilder window ActiveX</H1> <P> <OBJECT NAME="PBRX1" WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400 CLASSID="CLSID:CEC58653-C842-11CF-...

How to use method activeX control in PB (Newbie using ActiveX)
Hi all, This is the first time I'm using activeX in my application, does anyone can helpme with these problem. How to use method in activeX because I've got example that come with the ocx file only with VB6 and I don't know how to used it with PB7. ------------ Call ActiveX_name.CopyTable(filename As String,Creator As String,SDDI_plugin_name As String, CreateFlag As Integer, VersionMajor As Integer, VersionMinor As Integer) ------------ THX -- ebr ...

ActiveX controls and PB 7.0
Has ActiveX binding (early versus late) been changed in PB 7.0, or is there a known bug? I am experiencing problems with some ActiveX components that work fine in PB 6.5. Please advise. -- Ken Halbert Contract Programmer/Analyst Colorado Department of Revenue khalbert@spike.dor.state.co.us khalbert@inteliant.com kenbh@abac.com 3039151497@airtouch.net (short text) voice 303.232.4254 x6809 fax 303.205.2962 cell 303.915.1497 Ken, Are you running both PB6.5 and 7.0 on the same machine ? I found some problems with having both on the same machine that I've reported to...

VB 6.0 ActiveX Client
Hi, I'm writing a thesis and need an example of how an ActiveX client written in Visual Basic 6 (or 5) can access a Java server component. I've been fooling around for some time, but can't get it to work. Can someone please give me some pointers ?!? So far... I'm using the demopackj.democompj from tutorial example 2 as Java server component en generated a typelib and .reg file. I've registered the .reg file in the Windows registry. This results in 2 progid's (why?) demopackj.democompj and demopackj.democompj.1 In VB I've include the proxy as a pr...

Pb 6.0 Window ActiveX Error
Hi, all I tried to insert ActiveX component into PB window. After I clicked on it, IE started and web page is displayed. Also the text "VBScript with PowerBuilder Window ActiveX is displayed. Then the question "DO you want to initialize ActiveX" is displayed. If I answer Yes, I get an error message "Start of PowerBuilder VM failed. Return code = -2 like on the picture. Could anybody help me? TIA ...

PB 6.5.1 and ActiveX controls
I'm new to PowerBuilder and would like to know if there are known limitations in ActiveX control hosting in PB. So far we have only done some tests with Delphi. Although the control does work properly, we are experiencing problems when closing the window where the control has been inserted (an unhandled exception appears). Otherwise our control works properly in whatever container you like except PB. I'm looking for good resources about what can and cannot be done when you're implementing an ActiveX control. Our preferred method should be Visual C++ in the near future....

Web resources about - VB-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex