VB 5.0-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0 (build 189)

Has anyone had luck using a VB 5.0-generated ActiveX control into a PB 6.0
(build 189) window?  Even simple VB-based ActiveX controls (e.g., a label
control) choke, even when simply being placed on a window (error hex
80004005).  Same problem when the window is opened from the library
painter.  When the window runs, I get a PB run-time error 445 (object
doesn't support this action), even though my PB app makes NO calls to the
ActiveX.

Any ideas?

thanks,
nurk.
--
Tom Nurkkala, PhD
tom.nurkkala@powercerv.com

VB-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0
Has anyone had success constructing a VB 5.0-based ActiveX control and embedding it in a PB 6.0 window? When inserting the control into the PB window, I get a run-time error number 80004005. I can insert the same ActiveX control in a VB applicatoin, and I can also construct JavaBeans, register them as ActiveX controls (jactivex), and insert them into PB 6.0. What's the deal with VB-based ActiveXs???? thanks, nurk. -- Tom Nurkkala, PhD tom.nurkkala@powercerv.com ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Bugfixes for PB 6.0? Back from 6.0 to 5.0?
Hi there, since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? Is there a way to migrate back from PB 6.0 to PB 5.0.0x? Regards, * gerald * You sound pretty upset - if you don't mind me asking what are these troubles you are having? Gerald Znidaric wrote in message <34C86F5A.778A0197@mgm-edv.de>... >Hi there, > >since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there >are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 6.0, VB 5.0 and COM Interface Question
I am new to the PowerBuilder world. I have a very simple VB 5.0 OLE server. The code looks like the following: Class: CDog Option Explicit Implements IAnimal Private Sub IAnimal_Bite() MsgBox "The dog bit me." End Sub Private Sub IAnimal_Move() MsgBox "The dog is running." End Sub Class: CFlea Option Explicit Implements IAnimal Private Sub IAnimal_Bite() MsgBox "The flea bit me." End Sub Private Sub IAnimal_Move() MsgBox "The flea is flying." End Sub Class: IAnimal Option Explicit Public Sub Bite() ...

ActiveX Control causes PB 6.0 to crash
I'm using a simple ActiveX Control to encrypt data (spDES from www.sp-soft.com). In VB 5.0 I have no problem and the control works great, but PB 6.0 seems to have problems. I place the control on a form, save the form, and then close it; no problem. However, when I try to run my app or re-open the form, PB give me the following error: The exception Integer division by zero. (0xc0000094) occured in the application at location 0x02b030b1 I havn't talked with the makers of the control yet, but we have no problem with it in VB or C++. Other controls that I'm using in PB...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Web resources about - VB 5.0-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0 (build 189) - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

0 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and the numerical digit used to represent that number in numerals . It fulfils a central role in mathematics as the additive identity of the ...

avrdude/avrdude at master · kcuzner/avrdude · GitHub
avrdude with a Linux SPI programmer type

phantompeakqualtools - Computes quick but highly informative enrichment and quality measures and fragment ...
My favorites ▼ - Sign in phantompeakqualtools Computes quick but highly informative enrichment and quality measures and fragment lengths for ...

Addendum to Tom Sheldon's "Encyclopedia of Networking and Telecommunications"
This page provides an addendum to Tom Sheldon's 'Encyclopedia of Networking and Telecommunications'

Can Conservative Republicans Win In Swing Districts?
Tuesday Night, Question Asked And Answered!

CodeSOD: Ask the Index
Different tasks call for different conventions. At least, that’s the excuse some people use for switching between 0-based and 1-based array indexes. ...

Early Language Design and Development
From ABC to Python Python’s first and foremost influence was ABC , a language designed in the early 1980s by Lambert Meertens, Leo Geurts and ...

Programming Language
Clamato is a Smalltalk dialect that is designed to operate within the JavaScript runtime. (For non-Canadians: “clamato” is what you get when ...

Goodells.Net :: Understanding MultiBooting
Background - Sectors, Partitions, and LBA The term "drive" has an imprecise definition. Sometimes it is used in a logical context (as in "drive ...

Zuckerberg To Teach 10 Million Kids 0-Based Counting 295
theodp writes "'Why do programmers start counting at zero?' wondered Mike Hoye, questioning the conventional programming wisdom. Code.org will ...