using powerbuilder generated dll in vb.net problem

i'm using pb 7.0.3 build 10213 to generate a dll...and using
this dll in vb.net on the same development pc....the dll
works fine...
but,
on the deployment pc...where there is no powerbuilder
installed just vb.net....the dll wont work...
i there deployemtn file dependencies that i need to install
on the deployment pc for the dll to work? tnx
0
daniel

Yes, you must also install the PB VM runtime files, and make
sure they're on the system path.
0
Steven

Using a Delphi-ActiveX-DLL in VB.Net: Problems with strings
(Please note: Yesterday I've already asked the same question in the German forum "Delphi-Praxis", see here: http://www.delphipraxis.net/167520-delphi-activex-dll-vbulletin-net-problem-mit-strings.html) Hi there, I'm trying to develop an ActiveX-DLL which can be used to import data from a server over the network via a special protocol. But since this will be my first ActiveX-DLL I wanted to start with a few, simple tests. So I created an ActiveX-library "testStr32" in Delphi, publishing an object "StringOps" with two methods: "ReverseStr" sh...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Problem while converting a part of code from VB to ASP.net (using Language : VB.net)
Hi Friends,i hv a very urgent requirement.i tried to convert following code in VB to ASP.Net (Language:VB.net).Its a WebBrowser control.WebBrowser1.Navigate2 "http://100.1.2.3/crps/inttrace.asp?nuid=" & nuidbut it shows lots of dependencies and the code generated is a bit complicate....please suggest me an alternative to the above code in ASP.Net.Regards,Jignesh S I have no idea what your control is or does, but if all you want to do is to redirect the browser somewhere else, use Response.Redirect(newURL). Of course you could use Server.Transfer as well, but that depends on what your ...

VB COM (ActiveX dll) OLE from Powerbuilder 10.5
Hello, I have folder/file backup function in my application. To notify the PB window of the progress and status of the backup I use the CopyFileEx (which uses callback) windows api function in visual basic to achieve the file backup The VB project has one main module and one class. The module contains the callback function (the function that will be called by CopyFileEx to notify about the changes and progress of the copy. It also contains the caller function that initiate the CopyFileEx. All that the callback function does is to send a message to a registered PB window ab...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Problem with datagrid in ASP.Net using VB.Net 2003?
I have four columns in datagrid - Channel no., Phone no., Call type, Duration.Now there are 64 channel nos and respective 64 phone nos.When my page is open I used to fill these 64 Channels and phone nos into that datagrid.Now if receiver of one of the phone is picked up I will receive data at winsock.Now if that data is coming from channel no 7 and phone no. 25, then I to set the value of Call type and duration in front of them.How to do this?I mean at start I fill those channel nos and phone nos from a database table using one datatable called dtChPhone.Now I got data in the event - Private...

Problems using VB application code as VB for asp.net
Hi, I'm trying to create a web page that works with some specific libraries. This program is suppose to get some information from a database and return it in a web page. At one point in the code I need to export a document from a specified place in the database somewhere else. The code works perfectly in the VB application, however in the ASP.NET VB code it gives me the following error:"Value does not fall within the expected range." This is a fragment of the code where the error appears: ....Dim exporter As New DocumentExporterexporter.SourceDocument = con.Database.G...

How to generate PDF in asp.net using vb.net script
Hi, can anybody help me here.. i have been looking into this problem for quite long but still dont manage to get it done. I am trying to generate a pdf file on the fly depends on which registration number the user choose then the system will pull all the data from the database and generate a pdf file to display on the browser. Anyway, the pdf file wont be saved.   It will just display and let the user print out. I am using vb.net in asp.net. Thanks in advance You can use a component which will generate a pdf file. check the below link Generate PDF forms HCHaissam Ab...

pdf file could not be opened. it is generated from asp.net using vb.net
Dear Friends,         I have some problem in my application. I am using asp.net 2005, code behind is vb.net.  I am generating pdf file from Gridview data. It was created but file could not be opened. I dont know what is the reasion. Following is the code I have done. Can any one help me.       Dim attachment As String = "attachment; filename=Contacts.pdf"       Response.ClearContent()       Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", attachment)       Response.Conte...

DLL in VB 6.0 and use it in ASP.NET with VB language?
Hi, I am wondering if that is possible to make an .dll files and use it in ASP.NET? If so, can anyone provide me any website how to inport the .dll file into .aspx pages? Navigate to How Do I... Get Started Using Interoperability? Regards~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testing is important?...

RE: Problem print a Crystal Reports in asp.NET using vb.net
Hi I am trying to  print a Crystal Reports I am using the CrystalReportViewer but when i hit th e print button nothing happens the  print dialog does not appear. Any idea what could be wrong. See code below. <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" DisplayToolbar="true" EnableDatabaseLogonPrompt="False" EnableParameterPrompt="False" DisplayGroupTree="False" ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" EnableDrillDown="False" HasCrystalLogo=&...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Problem in creating setup and deployment package in Asp.Net using VB.net 2003?
I created one setup and deployment package in .net 2003.In this I added two external files - CONFIG.INI, SLV2.mdbThen I installed that application on server machine. I in stalled it in one folder and added that forlder in virtual directory. And my web site could be accessed in our LAN.Now after this I have two problems - 1) In that folder where I installed the web site there is no uninstall file. I want uninstall file in that folder.2) After uninstalling that application from Add-Remove programs of control panel those two added files- CONFIG.INI, SLV2.mdb are not deleted....

Problem using ActiveX dll
I have some code that uses an ActiveX dll and works fine when called from the main form of the application. I tried to move this code into it's own unit, and then an AV occurs. Code looks like this: var MyObject: _MyObject; pArr: PSafeArray; .... MyObject:= CoMyObject.Create; CopyStringsToSafeArray(ListBoxNames.Items, pArr); MyObject.Names:= pArr; // Names is of type PSafeArray; - "Line 3" ..... Code of CopyStringsToSafeArray is listed below. This code works fine in main unit, but when moved to it's own unit, an AV occurs (in oleaut32.dll)...

How to generate multipage Header and Footers using ASP.NET on web pages.How to generate multipage Header and Footers using ASP.NET on web pages.
Hi,I am developing an application in ASP .NET where I have to generate a Header and a Footer on my web pages. The issue is that, these headers and footers need to be dynamically placed on the page. For example, if the page length is 1 page, there will be only 1 header and 1 footer. But if the page length is larger, and when we do the print/print preview of the page and it goes to say more than 1 page, then I need the headers and footers on all the pages. In abstract, I need the headers and footers on all the pages depending on the length of the page generated. I am developing the applicati...

on click event is not working properly for dynamically generated buttons in asp.net using vb.net
Hi All,          While creating buttons dynamically,the on click event is not getting called.below is my code Dim btn As New Button() btn.ID=x btn.text="delete" ---------------- AddHandler btn.click,AddressOf btn_Click   Private Sub btn_Click(ByVal sender as Object,ByVal e as System.EventArgs) MsgBox("Hi") End Sub Thanks in advance  what is the code you are calling with the button?  You can't call javascript like that if your example is the code..."If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse....

Dropdown list problem in Asp.Net page (version 1.1) using VB.net
This code loads an Asp.Net page (version 1.1) using VB.net from a command object 'cmdGetProjectsForFirm' using a stored proc. It loads the same set of values into two dropdown lists, 'ddlCloneProjectFrom' and 'ddlCloneProjectTo'. On my dev machine it works properly, but when I put it on the web server, it only loads 'ddlCloneProjectTo'. Dropdown 'ddlCloneProjectFrom' is blank. Any suggestions?     Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load       ...

How to generate DLL to be used in VC++ and VB?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A605.1B67F170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I find out that all the articlea of PB DLL is about how to use DLLs (of = Windows and generated by VC++ and VB) in PB.=20 But in VC++ how can I use DLLs generated in PB? How to generate general = DLL in PB. Although PB can generate DLL from .pbl file, it can only used = in PB. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A605.1B67F170 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transf...

Using COM Dll in VB.net
Can any one tel me, how do I import or use a COM dll in my vb.net code ?Shall I go for adding referance component ? or shall I use DllImport Attribute?The COM Dll will contain a datastructure.Can any one tell me how to use that datastructure in vb.net? are you using the dll as a  COM Component or as a C Library? Try this link for PInvoke(platform invoke) the main resource for unmanaged code in .NET.  Hope this helps.http://www.pinvoke.netKind regards,Gift Peddie...

Using VB.net DLL in VB6
hii friends, Is there any way to create a VB.Net assembly and use it in VB 6 I have some reports done in VB.net (to include features like PDF conversion of reports). But i have to include this functionality in existing project (done in VB6). Any advice will be great thanks in advance   Register the dll for com.  The easy way is to just check the box in the project properties.  Also, if you're overloading methods, adjust those as well with attributes.  But overall, just clicking that button should do the trick.Regasm.exe is the tool you will use to ...

ActiveX or DLL Generated by .Net Framework
List, How can I used an ActiveX control or a DLL generated from the same ActiveX control by the .Net Framework in a Powerbuilder 9.0.1 (soon to be migrated to 10 or 10.5) application? Our institution uses these objects to control logons to devices (for example, I can logon to the device and automatically be logged on to various 'single logon' enabled applications via messages passed to the applications through the ActiveX control/DLL. In the past we used DDE for this, but we are being told we have to move off DDE by the end of the year. Thanks much, Mike Hi Mike,...

Accessing file twisely using asp.net using VB.Net
Hello Friends, I am new on this group. I have a problem in my functionality. i am using asp.net using vb.net. The pocess is as  a way that I have to send a mail with attachment.I am using Input file type tag control to get Attachment file from directory.After it i am saving attachment file on server folder.After it i am sending file path to attachment function as string.After it attachment is working fine. But after it i want to delete that file from server and when i wrote code  for delete fileas following: File.delete(Path of file) but when runtime start execute this code ...

Web resources about - using powerbuilder generated dll in vb.net problem - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles