Using a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server

Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server?

0
Josh

Yes, what are you trying to do?
Dean Jones, CPD Professional
PowerTeam, Inc.
www.powerobjects.com
dean@outtech.com

Josh Manfred <jmanfred@nomad> wrote in article
<jeNPU#vH9GA.137@forums.powersoft.com>...
> Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server?

0
Dean

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Using PowerBuilder as an OLE server on the Web
I am using a product from Infospinner called Foresite that is a WEB PageServer that can communicate with PowerBuilder as an OLE server. Foresite has the ability to multithread its page services. Every time Foresite accesses the PB OLE server it instaniates it and then destroys it, so there is no attempt by Foresite to re-enter the PB OLE Server, there is just a possibility of multiple instances running. As long as Foresite remains single threaded all is well, however when it multithreads it crashes. In our OLE server we are accessing a Sybase backend. Somewhere in the process...

PB-app using FrontPage 98 as a OLE server..
I'm trying to use PB (5.0) together with MS FrontPage 98, using FrontPage 98 as a OLE server. The application we are developing will store HTML in a datbase and FrontPage 98 is the best HTML-editor (so they say) out there. The problem is that FrontPage 98 is not listed as a OLE server on my machine, although I have installed it and all. We are running on NT 4.0 machines and have installed service-pack 3. Ant suggestions how to solve this problem? Thanks! Dag Lindberg IT-staff, Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate ...

PowerBuilder to WORD run macro fails using OLE statements
Hello...we are using PB 9.03 to connect to Microsoft WORD 2003 in order to run a VB Macro in WORD. The connection is fine and the database connection is good. We are connecting to WORD using OLE and we are also able to run the macro. We have put various breakpoints in the VB macro using VB's MsgBox function; so we know the macro is running; however when get to a certain line of code in VB macro, a run time error occurs saying: "Requested Object Not Available". The strange thing is we are able to run the VB macro inside WORD by itself and it works perfectly as a stand alo...

(New Thread) PowerBuilder to WORD run macro fails using OLE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub46080c7a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Mitch, I have added an attachment with the code of the WORD macro above and listed the relevant part here below: In the attachment above, the line of code where macro stops execution when run from PB is shown in bold. Also, on the partial macro below, it terminates at line: "ThisDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.ActiveRecord = wdLastRecord" --Start ActiveDocument.MailMerge.OpenDataSource Name:=strName, _ ...

"Automation Object Error" running a PB app as an OLE automation server for Lotus Notes
Hi there! We are trying to access some objects that we developed in Powerbuilder 5.0.03 from an OLE Client using the Powerbuilder automation server (Powerbuilder.Automation). When we do this using Visual Basic everything works fine but, when we use Lotus Notes as the OLE client, we get an error as soon as we try to set the automation-server's LibraryList. We also have tried Powerbuilder 6 and the problem persists. Any idea about where the problem can be or how we can solve it? If it can be of any help, this is the code we are using in a Lotus Notes 4.6 database: Dim ...

connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data
HI. We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a MS-SQL Server DataBase. Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we have to use OLE DB to connect to our DataBase. OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are starting to have some unexpected troubles.. For instance: In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB connection give us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server interface), the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"...

connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data
HI. We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a MS-SQL Server DataBase. Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we have to use OLE DB to connect to our DataBase. OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are starting to have some unexpected troubles.. For instance: In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB connection give us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server interface), the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"...

Which OLE- Server is used
Hello, we have a problem with the olecontrol. When we use insertfile and insert a jpg-file and than doubleclick on the olecontrol, an application is startet what displays the jpg-file. If we have several applications which can open and edit jpg- files what application is opend when we doubleclick on the olecontrol. It is not the application that opens the jpg- file when we open it from the windows explorer. How does the olecontrol now which application is opened? Where does the olecontainer search for the application? Please help Ralf It doesn't search for it. Th...

Using ole from powerbuilder
I would like to ask if there is a command to compute the sum of two columns in a third one, in Excel. I want to use this command from Powerbuilder. (I already use Ole object) sum() ? ...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

Web resources about - Using a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles