Print PDF in powerbuilder

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder?
I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the
button cb_button.
Thank You
Sunny

Get the printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com to print to PDF from PB

"Sunny" <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder?
> I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
> cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the
> button cb_button.
> Thank You

egattu
5/8/2001 11:38:44 AM
Try PDF Converter from http://www.amyuni.com its an excellent product with
many nifty features

All the Best

...Mohit

Sunny <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder?
> I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
> cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the
> button cb_button.
> Thank You

SAS

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

Referencing certain/all pages of PDF document in Adobe PDF Reader OLE OCX
I have an Adobe PDF Reader OLE OCX control in which I have loaded (via the LinkTo function) a multipage PDF document that I have created with PB's Save Rows As PDF! / GhostScript utilities. The problem is that only the first page of the document is ever displayed. Is there any way to show the remaining pages within the control? I must only display the PDF from the OCX, not the Acrobat Reader application itself. On the same thought, is there anyway to show one specific page? Are you saying that the OCX isn't showing scrollbars? Or are you saying that you want multiple ...

Printing to PDF from Powerbuilder
Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? Thanks. >>Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? << You can load either Amyuni's PDFConverter printer driver or Adobe's PDFWriter printer driver and just use the usual print mechanisms (e.g. dw.Print()). If you don't want to be prompted to specify the .pdf filename, then you can set th...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

printing to pdf from powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram It's in the Help File. Search for the phrase "GhostScript". Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:552eca65-5d9c-4807-9b72-0d3ad19bf88d@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data window or repo...

PDF printing has blank PDF page after every printed page.
Hi, We are using Power Builder 9 for our application in the Windows 2003 server and Adobe 8 for PDF printing. One the functions is to save the datawindow as PDF. Once the PDF file is generated we could see that it produces a blank PDF between every printed page. We adjusted the Adobe page setting to Letter but that did not help. also corrected the margin setting of the datawindow which did not provide any resolution. Has anyone faced a similar issue and if yes can you please let me know the resolution ? Thanks. Sathya; What version of PB 9 are you using? FYI: In PB9.0....

Printing a PDF with the Web OCX
Hi there, Does anyone knows if there is an option to print the PDF document opened in the Web OCX without displaying the print dialog box? The code is: ole_pdf.object.document.print( ) and works fine except it displays the print dialog box. Thanks! JMR ...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

How to print a PDF file from a OLE object ???
I use a OLE object named Adobe Acrobat Document. I can open a PDF file, but I need to print this document and I can't. If you have a other solution to print a PDF file, tell me this solution. Thank you. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To print without a print dialog box: ole_report.object.PrintPages(0, 9999999) where 0 and 999999 are starting and ending pages. and I think to print showing the print dialog box ole_report.object.Print() HTH Mike "Danny Boucher" <informatique@b...