PowerBuilder called from Web Page

I open a PB App from a link on a web page (using the ActiveXControl)...that
was successful

when the user double clicks on a row,  I want to open another Browser
instance and pass it args.....when done...let the calling window know...and
then return to the original Web Page...(all the while interwacting with a
Data Base)

I realize this is a broad question but...what do I need to
use/do/consider/have....etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Christopher McCauley
PDMS
General Physics Corporation
         (925) 363 9672
(Fax) (925) 363 9669
jc_mccauley@mindspring.com

0
JCMcCauley

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:02:07 -0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
JCMcCauley <jc_mccauley@mindspring.com> wrote:
>I open a PB App from a link on a web page (using the ActiveXControl)...that
>was successful
>
>when the user double clicks on a row,  I want to open another Browser
>instance and pass it args.....

HyperLinkToURL

>when done...let the calling window know...and
>then return to the original Web Page...(all the while interwacting with a
>Data Base)

I don't know of any way for whatever is launched in the new browser session
to talk directly back to the one that spawned it.  However, it can talk to the
database, and the app that spawned it can check to the database to see if
the action is done.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

difference of calling web services and calling web page
Dear all,  What is the difference of call a web services instead of calling a aspx page which is also programming can accept parameters and return results? Webservice -- Soap protocol Webapplication  -- HTTP protocol Webservices are of two Major types Xml & SOAP HttpWebServices Basic difference is in usage and implementation. We use a webservice inside a website. it is added as a reference or we can call it through HttpWebRequests and Response objects. Webpages are the components that have presentation and logic, while web services provide the service that we...

In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page
In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page. Called page have no web item , it has only c# codes. after executing of this page (by IExplore), I want the remaining lines of calling page to be executed. How can I do that? What are you trying to do? What is the second page accomplishing? Will the first page stay open and the second page closes? You might be able to use WebRequest and WebResponse to do what you want. Hey bro, since you say that the called page has no web items, why dont you put the code in the called pa...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Unable to call web service from web page
 I know this has probably been asked dozens of times before but as it's a fairly general, simple question I'm not sure what to search under.I have a very simple web service that I want to make a callback to (from an AJAX.NET ScriptManager). At this stage all it returns is the out-of-the-box Hello World string. The web service, DataService.asmx, is as follows:[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")][WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)][System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]public class DataService : System.Web.Services.WebService{&nbs...

When Press F5 in my web page, it is making fresh call to the page and IsPostBack is false though after many click on button on same page
HI,  I am Using .net 3.5 and vs 2008. In my project there is a Master page also. Actually my problem is. when navigate to the Page say "Home.aspx",  IsPostback is false and relevant code is executed. After that Button1 is clicked in home page, this time IsPostback is true and corresponding code and Button1_click code is executed. In this situation F5 is pressed, as per the aspx lifecycle IspostBack is true and Button1_click must be executed. but in my case it is pretty diffrent, i.e IsPostback  is false and page is loading freshly as firstime request to the...

Saving web pages with MS Web browser OCX
I'd like to programmatically save web pages, read by the MS Web browser OCX i have placed onto a PB window. I'm using the Navigate method to go to the URL. Now, i'd like to save the entire web page to a specific local page ("web_page.htm"), as en entire web page (as if i had selected "save as" in Internet Explorer and selected "complete web page"). Is there a method to do that ? What are the correct parameters i have to pass to that method ? Thanks for any help Philippe Salvan ...

how to know the calling page from called page.
hi, i need to know how to get the calling page from the called page even there is no post back has been done. Look at the ServerVariables, in particular the Referer i am having the linkbutton in the previous page called page1. while clicking the button the page is redirect to the current page called page2. now i want to know the name or url of the page1. how can i do???? As I already said.... HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") Thank You so much... it works very well.......

Same code works in web service, but not working when I call it from web page
Any idea about the following?   Error msg: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.   1. in the web service, I have such code working fine when I debug it:             <WebMethod()> _Public Function SetUserPassword(ByVal userid As String, ByVal oldpwd As String, ByVal newpwd As String) As StringTry     Dim searcher As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher()     searcher.Filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(sAMAcco...

How to call an external web page from a ‘Web Part’ web control?
Hi there, I’m using ASP.NET 2.0. My main web page has few  ‘web part’ controls. In one of them, I want to call an external web page/web site (ie. http://www.asp.net). So, users can have two web sites in the same web page where user can minimize or maximize this web part with external web page/site   Can I do that? And how do I do that?   Thanks, Chandi Use an iframeDavid Barkol | ASP.NET AJAX in Action...

HELP! Strange error when calling web service from web page.
Hey there.I have a .NET 1.1 web service that does a simple query of our AD implementation. I'm trying to consume it in an simple .NET 2.0 webpage, but am having a terrible time wiring up this particular web service.I have a GridView (GV) that is bound to an ObjectDataSource (ODS). At runtime, the ODS reads in the QueryString to get the passed query criteria (i.e. "MyPage.aspx?SearchText=(sn=A*)").When I run the web page I get the following error:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. I cannot seem to pinpoint why this is happening. The webservice runs perfectly fine if I...

Call public method on aspx page from a web control embedded in the page
I have a nut to crack. How do I call a public method on my aspx page from my web control, the web control is embedded into the page. The markup looks like this:-   1 <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> 2 <ContentTemplate> 3 <asp:Xml ID="Xml1" runat="server"></asp:Xml> 4 <uc2:tier3menu ID="menu1" runat="server" /> 5 </ContentTemplate> 6 </asp:UpdatePanel> I wrote an itemcommand thingie in the web control that needs to set the Documentsource a...

AJAX, Calling a web service inside Master page from its child page
Dear Team  I am using ASP.NET2.0, C#, AJAX.  I am having a Master page that I add inside it a script manager: <form id="form1" runat="server" defaultbutton="btnMaster">    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">        <Services>            <asp:ServiceReference Path="QuoteDeleteRow.asmx"/>        </Services>    </as...

Fail to Call EXE (Which is calling a web page) in Server with ASP.net
  Hi, I have created desktop applications in visual basic .net (Framework 2.0) which access the web information from a particular site. This application is working great. There is no problem at all. Now I want to call this exe from web, for that I have set up asp.net application, using the process class of the System.Diagnostics namespace, it is calling exe. Its is also working great when I run this from the ASP.Net Development Server.But When I setup this asp.net application into IIS. Its getting some problem and even I can not see the error or exe because aspnet user is accessing...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder called from Web Page - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles