PB 801build 9056, Visual Speller OCX control and which OCX file is registered

We are still having problems with Visual Speller.  The developers have the
copy of the ocx control with the Visual Speller license on their C: drives.
This is the one they register from within PB when inserting the OLE control.
On the network, where the applications are deployed, is another copy of the
ocx file that is needed when the users run the application.  Before creating
the exe and pbds we check the Browser OLE tab to see that the correct file
is registered.  All is fine. But after we create our exe and pbds we again
check the Browser OLE tab and find that the file being referenced by the
Visual Speller OLE control is the one on the network, not the one on the
developers C: drive.  Visual Speller needs to reference the licensed copy
when the exe and pbds are created. The error message we get when running the
application from within PB or from the exe file:
     'Error accessing external object'  referencing the following script:
'ole_spell.object.checkText = as_text'
is caused by not incorporating the correct ocx file when creating the exe
and pbds.

What is causing PB to change the OLE control file reference?  This did not
happen in 6.5 or 7.0.3.  What can we do?

Catherine Monsour
cmonsour@cpsc.gov

0
Catherine

OCX
I am trying to place a Seagate Crystal Report OCX onto a PB window. The Crystal32.OCX is not in my default list in the OLE control so I registered a new one. I then place this Crystal OCX onto a PB window. I have access to the OCX Properties by right clicking. However if I close this window and reopen it, I cannot access the OCX Properties. It appears as though there is just a control on my window now. Any info. would be appreciated. TIA Bob (bhall@shl.com) ...

OCX
Hi, I try to use Progress Bar from windows with conctl32.ocx. In NT Workstation 4.0 I register the ocx but when I insert this control in my window, I get this message : Insert of OLE object fail. License file required. Why ? I never get this message before. Thanks for your help. PS : If anybody answer this question, I appreciate if a e-mail to : mquadros@poweraction.com.br usually, the registration with regsvr32 does not make the ocx avalible in design mode, only in run mode. you need to install the ocx with installation kit from the ocx vendor, so you will have lisen...

OCX (visual control) creation in PB 6.5 ?
What is the way to create dynamicly an OLE Control for a visual V.B. 6.0 OCX (through PB scripting)? Why doesn't my OCX react to event pbm_keydown, ... What should be done ? Best regards, Michel Goetz mailto:michel.goetz@pandora.be ...

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

New to OCX : How can we access OLE, OCX events and properties
Hi Everyone I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is how can we access their events how can we access their properties Thanks There events should be posted along with regular PB events. Access properties and methods with the .OBJECT keyword. i.e. oleobject_1.object.property = ?? Craig Gluck mohammed Al <yagalhaj@aol.com> wrote in article <345E17F5.D6F6A994@aol.com>... > Hi Everyone > I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is > how can we access their events > how can we access their properties > > Thanks >...

Novell OCX NwvolAdm.ocx
I cannot set the .Fullname property of this control. i use: lob_nwvol.object.FullName = "\\......" but i keep getting a wrong property error. Could anyone please help? tia Chriss Ioannou pbda@hotmail.com ...

Deploy visual speller OCX with PB 5.0.2 application?
Hi, Have anyone experienced in deploying PB 5.0.2 application that contains a Visual Speller OCX component? I like to know what are the steps involved to deploy the OCX in a client PC (eg registering the component onto the client's registry?) BTW the client will be running Win95. Thanks in advance, Michael Mok To register an ActiveX (OCX) component on Windows95 you need to run REGSVR32.EXE on the clients machine and pass in the path and file of the OCX (e.g. c:\myapp\VSPELL32.ocx). Jeff Thompson Des Moines, IA USA jeff.thompson@connects.com Michael Mok wrote: ...

Registering OCX control
When I try to manually load an OCX control via the regsrvr32 executable I get the following error. LoadLibrary failed. GetLastError returns 0x0000045a. Any ideas? Keith Janke ...

Cannot register OCX control
Hi, I cannot register our self written OCX Control: 1. When I try to register it from PB the message 'c:\winnt\system32\preview.ocx <SCODE=-2147220992> failed to properly self register' appears. 2. When I type 'regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\preview.ocx' in the DOS prompt the message 'DllRegisterServer in c:\winnt\system32\preview.ocx failed appears'. Anybody knows the trick? Best regards Thorsten Make sure you have all the dependent DLLs in the path or in the same directory. "Thorsten Kummer" <Thorsten.Kummer@gmx.de> wr...

OCX Events (using activeShapes OCX Control) -- Challenge for Team PS
Hello all, I recently downloaded the activeSHAPES OCX Control (www.componentsource.com) and have been able to successfully implement the tutorial within PB 5.0.04 with no problems, except for one thing. PB can only see events and functions at the top level of the OCX control. However this control has the ability to contain sub-objects which have events on them. Normally, when using this control in VB, this presents no problems, as you can instantiate the sub-objects using 'with events' notation, thus trapping the event handling for the sub-objects contained within the...

OCX
Dear all, I guess something is wrong with the way i implement an ocx. I just drop the ocx control on a window and start using it's methods. But how am i really supposed to do this ? I know it sounds stupid... TIA John When you drop the OCX on the window, it always named it as OLE_1 Try OLE_1.OBJECT.property = value for your object For example, using a Calendar OCX from pb5 examples: ole_1.Object.day = 25 set the day of the OCX calendar to 25 Also check your OCX help files to learn more about the properties of your OCX.. -- Balbino Caballero P. Direc...

OCX
I have a broblem to access the functions of a OCX provide by an other company. I can see the OCX in my window but if I reference any of the function of the OCX PB said "incompatible property object for type ole_1" I can also see the function in the PB BROWSER. I think that the OCX have invalid parameters for compilation in VB but I have no exerience in VB an the provider of the OCX have no exerience in PB. Can you tell me if some special feature are necessery for OCX compilation to be compatible with PB. Thanks In article <pjSPRnMRAHA.273@forums.sybase....

OCX
Hej. Is it possible to write some code that determines if an OCX has been registered (by the program that wants to use it)? -- Med Vänlig Hälsning / Kinds regards, Richard Bibby > Hej. Back at ya. > Is it possible to write some code that determines if an OCX has been > registered (by the program that wants to use it)? uses ActiveX; var Junk: TCLSID; begin if Succeeded( CLSIDFromProgID( 'Excel.Sheet', Junk ) ) then begin ShowMessage( 'Registered' ); end else begin ShowMessage( 'Not' ); ...

OCX
Hi, does anybody know the meaning of the error message : E5043 Could not generate files for component(s) I get it when try ing to add an OCX to the Component Gallery of Optima++ 1.5, although the OCX appeared in the list of registered OCXs. Chris Kreutzfeldt -- ******************************************* PHASE GmbH, Bluechertr. 2, D-23564 Luebeck Tel. +49-451-792744, Fax +49-451-792644 Web: http://www.phase-hl.com ...

Web resources about - PB 801build 9056, Visual Speller OCX control and which OCX file is registered - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Registered mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Registered mail describes letters, packets or other postal documents considered valuable and in need of a chain of custody that provides more ...

Facebook Studio Edge URLs Registered
On the same day that Facebook introduced its new Camera iPhone application, three domain names based on Facebook Studio Edge were registered ...

Vevo doubles registered user count since switching to Facebook-only login; CEO hints at further integration ...
Music video service Vevo has doubled its total registered users as a result of switching to Facebook-only login and adding more personalized ...

How many registered users does NYTimes.com have?
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can refresh this page to ...

PRINCE2® Learning Aid from QA. PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office. on the App ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PRINCE2® Learning Aid from QA. PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark ...

All sizes - German-registered RV in Canada - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A Tony Baroni Luxury Exclusive: The Oldest Registered Home in Hillsborough County, Florida - YouTube
12401 Calusa Lane Thonotosassa, FL 33592 MLS# T2712012 Description: Welcome to Mimosa Groves on 5 Acres of Peaceful Paradise located on Lake ...

Debtors likely to be arrested on entry into the UAE if cases have been registered
If there are cases registered the debt must be repaid in full before the case can be cancelled.

Paris attacker was registered refugee - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee ...

Computer consultant already registered as sex offender jailed for child pornography offences
A &quot;depraved&quot; computer consultant has been jailed for charges that included disguising a child pornography virus on schoolboys' Facebook ...