PB 6.5.1 and ActiveX controls

I'm new to PowerBuilder and would like to know if there are known
limitations in ActiveX control hosting in PB.

So far we have only done some tests with Delphi. Although the control does
work properly, we are experiencing problems when closing the window where
the control has been inserted (an unhandled exception appears).
Otherwise our control works properly in whatever container you like except
PB.

I'm looking for good resources about what can and cannot be done when you're
implementing an ActiveX control. Our preferred method should be Visual C++
in the near future.

In addition, what's the most stable version of PB for hosting ActiveX
controls ?
Is version 6.5.1 stable enough ?

Thanks a lot for any hint, advice or information.

--
Frederic Claux

0
Frederic

PB 6.5.1 with Window ActiveX
The window ActiveX control behaves even funkier with PB 6.5.1 runtime - dw null columns seem to have an inherent "slide up" quality, so that columns beneath shift up when the uppermost column is null. I had everything in the detail band, tried moving the offending column up into the header band - and the header band doesn't even show. I had been noticing this behavior in EBF builds > 535 (the EBF that allows the ActiveX to function) and hoped it would somehow be fixed for 6.5.1. I have already reported the "backspace" key issue to Sybase, with their assur...

How do I use newer ActiveX controls in PB 6.5???
I'd like to use Microsoft Web Browser OCX component but PB 6.5 does not recognize any of its properties. This is true for several newer components that I have, while older ones work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve Griffin ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Bugs and Problems when using ActiveX ole controls in PB 6/7/8
Hello, fellows, I am trying using ActiveX controls in PB6.5, but when I want to get the properties or call the methods of the activex control, I cannot get the correct string when working in Chinese envirnment. The data type of the properties and the methods of the activex control is string. I have no such problem when the string is english. I test this in PB7 and PB8 also, I have the same problem. I know that the ActiveX control is created by VC++ and in VC++, the data type of all these properties and method of the control is "BSTR". Infact, I think, every ActiveX c...

VB 5.0-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0 (build 189)
Has anyone had luck using a VB 5.0-generated ActiveX control into a PB 6.0 (build 189) window? Even simple VB-based ActiveX controls (e.g., a label control) choke, even when simply being placed on a window (error hex 80004005). Same problem when the window is opened from the library painter. When the window runs, I get a PB run-time error 445 (object doesn't support this action), even though my PB app makes NO calls to the ActiveX. Any ideas? thanks, nurk. -- Tom Nurkkala, PhD tom.nurkkala@powercerv.com ...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB6 & Novell 's ActiveX Control 1.1 NWBind.ocx
Hi.. I have installed Novell's ActiveX Control 1.1 and Novell Client v2.5 for Win95 w/Z.E.N.works Starter Pack. Everything seems to work except when I attempt to run my PowerBuilder version 6.0 application to get the net address, the net address returned is wrong. Here is my PB code: string ls_return ls_return = nwbind1.Object.entries.Item('H12').GetFieldValue('Net Address').value It returns: IPX: 8d4504eb:486a08e88024:0000 According to the Nwaoc.hlp document, the returned string should be <Network, Node, Socket>, it seems like both the Node Addre...

PB6 & Novell 's ActiveX Control 1.1 NWBind.ocx
Hi.. I have installed Novell's ActiveX Control 1.1 and Novell Client v2.5 for Win95 w/Z.E.N.works Starter Pack. Everything seems to work except when I attempt to run my PowerBuilder version 6.0 application to get the net address, the net address returned is wrong. Here is my PB code: string ls_return ls_return = nwbind1.Object.entries.Item('H12').GetFieldValue('Net Address').value It returns: IPX: 8d4504eb:486a08e88024:0000 According to the Nwaoc.hlp document, the returned string should be <Network, Node, Socket>, it seems like both the Node Addre...

Problem with NWBind.ocx (ActiveX Control 1.1) Get Net address [Urgent]
Hi.. I have installed ActiveX Control 1.1 and Novell Client v2.5 for Win95 w/Z.E.N.works Starter Pack. Everything seems to work except when I attempt to run my PowerBuilder version 6.0 application to get the net address, the net address returned is wrong. Here is my PB code: string ls_return ls_return = nwbind1.Object.entries.Item('H12').GetFieldValue('Net Address').value It returns: IPX: 8d4504eb:486a08e88024:0000 According to the Nwaoc.hlp document, the returned string should be <Network, Node, Socket>, it seems like both the Node Address and the IPX...

Web resources about - PB 6.5.1 and ActiveX controls - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

WA fires: Harvey set for evacuation as Waroona fires burn out-of-control
The WA town of Harvey is set to be evacuated as a bushfire that already destroyed Yarloop continues to rage out-of-control.

ISIS rigs remote-control car bombs to beat detection systems
Filed under: Videos , Middle East , Military Uncovered terrorist training videos have shown that ISIS is attempting to develop remote-controlled ...

Rare hermaphrodite dog turns up at Detroit Animal Control
Cody, a smoky gray pit bull mix with soulful eyes, has both male and female genitalia

Former Football Star Trashes Obama’s Gun Control Plan
Former Football Star Trashes Obama’s Gun Control Plan

Hollywood Backs Obama On Gun Control, NRA Has “Blood On Their Hands”
... one conservative leaning producer told Deadline today of the President's executive orders of earlier this week for "common sense" gun control ...

Volvo Updates Its Car Control App With Voice Commands
Volvo owners will be able to turn on the heat, lock the car and other tasks using voice commands through a smartband for the first time.

OBAMA DOUBLES DOWN President defends gun control actions, hits NRA
OBAMA DOUBLES DOWN President defends gun control actions, hits NRA

Taya Kyle to Obama: Why do we need more gun control when the murder rate has declined?
... the White House) that a skeptic was allowed to speak at what was mainly an Obama photo op, it’s an easy point to answer if you favor more control. ...

Obama To Convince America Of Gun Control Policies At Town Hall Meeting
President Barack Obama has come up with his own definition of gun control, and now he’s working to convince America why he’s right in a nationally ...