PB 6.5 crash with Sheridan OCX

I am using Sheridan's SSYear OCX control.  It worked fine for me under
PowerBuilder 5.004.
But in PB 6.5 i get a GPF in PBVM60.DLL if I click between days too quickly.
I've tried moving
the click event's code to a user event and I've tried allocating space for
the strings that the
ole_calendar uses before their usage with no luck.  My OLE DLLs are later
than what is
recommended.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0
Casey

I had (actually, I still have) problems with OCX controls and PB 6.5
executables too (see discussion: "PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE") and
someone recommended to create PCode executable is instead of MachineCode
executables. Until so far the PCode executable seems to be more
reliable. So if you didn't use PCode executables yet, you might give it
a try, while waiting for PowerBuilder 6.5 to become more reliable on
MachineCode executables using OCX Controls.

Maurice van Soest

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maurice R. van SOEST

NATO C3 Agency - The Hague
THE NETHERLANDS
http://www.nc3a.nato.int
0
Maurice

PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE
I have build an application in Powerbuilder 6.5 that uses 2 OCX controls. One of them is the GanttOCX from AddSoft, the other one is home-made. Both OCX controls are working fine when running the appliction from within the PB 6.5 development environment, but if I run the executable and try to open the windows containing the controls the executable is crashing and causing a Access Violation. This happens with both the controls. Some Additional information: The OCX controls are created as a visual ole user object and this ole user object is placed on a window. If you have any ideas...

Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5
Hi I have created a Delphi 5 ActiveX that manage a series of BMP images. I inserted it in PB 6.5 (using the tips posted here, i.e., getting a native pointer, etc.). It worked fine... for a while. But now I'm having a little trouble with the following description: Within the ActiveX inserted in PB 6.5: 1.- I construct an image (a BMP) for printing it. 2.- I use the delphi printer object to put a title over the image. 3.- I print it and everything is OK. The title and the image appear. 4.- Here is the trouble. I print it again and just the title appear. I don�t know why the ...

OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)
We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX (DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card). It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT). We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external functions of OCX. With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to always be passed by value (and no more by reference). With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external function. With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external func...

PB 6.5 , OLAP and OCX
Hi, I want to give a drilldown functionality in the app. I am using Microsoft Horizontalflexgrid and ado. I am connecting to the ado and want to assign the recordset created to the horizontal flexgrid. There are couple of questions:- 1. How do I check whether the ADO has created a recordset or not in PB 6.5 ? 2. "ole_hflexgrid.object.rowset = nvado.recordset", this statement is giving me a error accessing external object property rowset. What am I doing wrong ? ( the full code is given below) 3. This is the strangest of all. I tried going thru the mshflx98.chm...

OCX Web and PB 6.5
Hi PB People: We are using the OCX Web browser for view html files, and we want to send a Word document that is stored in a database to the OCX Web browser, we recovered this document with the sentence SELECTBLOB document FROM DocWord; and we stored the binary object in a BLOB variable. After, we generated a temporary Word file with the data of this variable and show it in the Web browser with the Navigate(url) sentence ole_web.Object.Navigate("C:\temp\document.doc") We want to make the same without having to generate the document temporary, directly sending the informatio...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional
Re: PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Thanks! ...

Internet Explorer OCX in PB 6.5
Hi all, just started testing to use OLE objects in PB 6.5 trying to build an browser using Microsoft WebBrowser Object. When doing this in Visual Basic I have no problem accessing properties or functions of this control but when trying to do the simplest task of them all in PB I'm failing on ex. "Unknown function name: navigate". When using objectBrowser looking at the objects properties/functions and so on in PB it lists the functionname "navigate". I found an example on how to work with IE in PB 7. But I don't have this version of PB thats why I'm ask...

How to use .ocx files in pb 6.5
Hi all, I'm kinda newbie and I have to attacht this bar-code scanner to my powerbuilder application. With mscomm32.ocx this has to work, but HOW? Can anyone PLEASE!!! help me!!??! Thnx in advance, Jona jona@home.nl Open a window and then from the window toolbar select 'OLE ' from the visual components list. This will open a dialog box. Go to third tab 'Insert Control' and selected your required ocx. If its not already registered then register it by the button 'Register New' Hope it helps Suhail Sarwar ...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional #2
I am currently using PB 6 and PB 6.5 with OS W2K Professional. However, I have an PB crash problem after I run a PB 6.5 application through the Powerbuilder directly. Is there a compatiblity issue for PB 6.5 Build 444 on Jun 10,1998 01:08 and PB 6.0 Nov 12,1997 23:28 in OS W2K Profession. 6.5 was never supported for W2K, although many people run it succesfully. I suggest you install 651 and optionally patch it with EBF 1299. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com...

Newbie Question : OCX & pb 6.5
Hi all, I've just finish my first ActiveX Component (a simple toolbar), with vb 6.0, but it seems that I've missed something... I can "import" my ocx in pb 6.5, I can run the application etc... but... I can't call ocx's methods and properties... Here is my piece of code : ole_toolbar is my ocx....(hu... the OLE container) ole_toolbar.AddItem("Some texte for the caption of the item") or ole_toolbar.BkColor = RGB(some values...) pb doesn't recognize AddItem function and BkColor Property... Why...? thx you, Cedric Menec Try: ol...

OCX (visual control) creation in PB 6.5 ?
What is the way to create dynamicly an OLE Control for a visual V.B. 6.0 OCX (through PB scripting)? Why doesn't my OCX react to event pbm_keydown, ... What should be done ? Best regards, Michel Goetz mailto:michel.goetz@pandora.be ...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 crash with Sheridan OCX - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Sheridan College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sheridan College was established in 1967. The "School of Graphic Design" was located in Brampton, Ontario until 1972, when it moved to the new ...

Gavin Sheridan (@gavinsblog) on Twitter

Hugh Sheridan heads to Nepal to join search for brother Zachary
The former Packed to the Rafters star was optimistic that his brother was &quot;alive and stuck&quot;. Australian actor Hugh Sheridan is travelling ...

Hugh Sheridan's brother Zachary contacts family after Nepal earthquake
Zachary Sheridan, brother of former Packed to the Rafters actor Hugh Sheridan, has contacted his family after being listed as missing in Nepal. ...

Fremantle-Hawthorn preliminary final: Tommy Sheridan drops mark, Cyril Rioli goals - HeraldSun Search ...
UPDATE: ROSS Lyon says he gave youngster Tommy Sheridan “a cuddle” after his horror moment in Fremantle’s preliminary final defeat.

Fremantle-Hawthorn preliminary final: Tommy Sheridan drops mark, Cyril Rioli goals - PerthNow Search ...
UPDATE: ROSS Lyon says he gave youngster Tommy Sheridan “a cuddle” after his horror moment in Fremantle’s preliminary final defeat.

Fremantle youngsters Tom Sheridan and Hayden Crozier keen to stay in Perth
Out of contract Fremantle youngsters Tom Sheridan and Hayden Crozier are remain keen to stay in Western Australia rather than seek trades back ...

Singing, dancing Hugh Sheridan: shaking off Ben Rafter, opening for Liza Minnelli
&quot;I opened for Liza when I was 23. No one really knows that,&quot; Hugh Sheridan mentions casually as our lunch date starts to wind down. ...

Sunday Night under fire for Hugh Sheridan's Nepal rescue mission for brother
The Seven Network's flagship current affairs program Sunday Night has come under fire after it sent a film crew with actor Hugh Sheridan to document ...

NYPD: 14-year-old shot to death in 1100 block of Sheridan Avenue in the Bronx - 7online.com
According to police, the boy was shot three times in the stomach and once in the head in the 1100 block of Sheridan Avenue.