ole web browser control resize and PB 9

I have problem has developed with resizing the ole web
browser control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066.
It originally opened correctly but now it does not.  Any
help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

THIS.width = w
THIS.height = h

ole_web_browser.resize(w, h)

ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w,
XUnitsToPixels!)

ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h,
YUnitsToPixels!)
0
Jason

This is a regression in 7066.

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<Jason Gilliss> wrote in message news:400d474d.3ad8.846930886@sybase.com...
> I have problem has developed with resizing the ole web
> browser control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066.
> It originally opened correctly but now it does not.  Any
> help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> THIS.width = w
> THIS.height = h
>
> ole_web_browser.resize(w, h)
>
> ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w,
> XUnitsToPixels!)
>
> ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h,
> YUnitsToPixels!)

0
Roy
1/20/2004 11:01:59 PM
> This is a regression in 7066.
>
> --
> <hopethishelps/>
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com
>
> <Jason Gilliss> wrote in message
> > news:400d474d.3ad8.846930886@sybase.com... I have
> > problem has developed with resizing the ole web browser
> > control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066. It
> > originally opened correctly but now it does not.  Any
> help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. >
> > THIS.width = w
> > THIS.height = h
> >
> > ole_web_browser.resize(w, h)
> >
> > ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w,
> > XUnitsToPixels!)
> >
> > ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h,
> > YUnitsToPixels!)
>
> I would go back to build 6066 but there are fixes in 7066
that I require.  Is there a work around to fix my problem?
Will the regression be fixed in a future build?
0
Jason
1/21/2004 1:07:51 PM
I would go back to build 6066 but there are fixes in 7066
that I requre.  Is there a work around to fix my problem?
Will the regression be fixed in a future build?

> This is a regression in 7066.
>
> --
> <hopethishelps/>
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com
>
> <Jason Gilliss> wrote in message
> > news:400d474d.3ad8.846930886@sybase.com... I have
> > problem has developed with resizing the ole web browser
> > control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066. It
> > originally opened correctly but now it does not.  Any
> help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. >
> > THIS.width = w
> > THIS.height = h
> >
> > ole_web_browser.resize(w, h)
> >
> > ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w,
> > XUnitsToPixels!)
> >
> > ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h,
> > YUnitsToPixels!)

0
Jason
1/21/2004 1:12:16 PM
It's been reported -- we just have to sit tight and wait... if this is a
show stopper for you, you may want to consider contacting support personally
and have it prioritized accordingly.

--

<Jason Gilliss> wrote in message news:400e7cef.4b75.846930886@sybase.com...
> I would go back to build 6066 but there are fixes in 7066
> that I requre.  Is there a work around to fix my problem?
> Will the regression be fixed in a future build?
>
> > This is a regression in 7066.
> >
> > --
> > <hopethishelps/>
> > Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> > SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> > <Jason Gilliss> wrote in message
> > > news:400d474d.3ad8.846930886@sybase.com... I have
> > > problem has developed with resizing the ole web browser
> > > control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066. It
> > > originally opened correctly but now it does not.  Any
> > help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. >
> > > THIS.width = w
> > > THIS.height = h
> > >
> > > ole_web_browser.resize(w, h)
> > >
> > > ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w,
> > > XUnitsToPixels!)
> > >
> > > ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h,
> > > YUnitsToPixels!)

0
Roy
1/21/2004 2:27:41 PM
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] wrote:

> It's been reported -- we just have to sit tight and wait... if this is a
> show stopper for you, you may want to consider contacting support personally
> and have it prioritized accordingly.

is build 7096 supposed to fix this? in the changelog i read:

OCX inside dw does not scroll together with rest of datawindow control.
Tested and reproduced in PB 8.0.3_10002, 9.0_6121 and 9.0.1_6531.

this is not exactly the reported error (the ocx is not in a dw, but in a
window), but it looks like something has changed. the resize behavior is
now changed as in 7066, but it's still not like it worked in previous
bulds. is there a workaround? how is it supposed to work now?
0
Mark
1/23/2004 2:10:21 PM
No. 7066 is the build that broke this.

--

"Mark" <Mark@slabs.com> wrote in message news:40112b4d$1@forums-1-dub...
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] wrote:
>
> > It's been reported -- we just have to sit tight and wait... if this is a
> > show stopper for you, you may want to consider contacting support
personally
> > and have it prioritized accordingly.
>
> is build 7096 supposed to fix this? in the changelog i read:
>
> OCX inside dw does not scroll together with rest of datawindow control.
> Tested and reproduced in PB 8.0.3_10002, 9.0_6121 and 9.0.1_6531.
>
> this is not exactly the reported error (the ocx is not in a dw, but in a
> window), but it looks like something has changed. the resize behavior is
> now changed as in 7066, but it's still not like it worked in previous
> bulds. is there a workaround? how is it supposed to work now?

0
Roy
1/23/2004 3:10:43 PM
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] wrote:

> No. 7066 is the build that broke this.

yes, but is build 7096 supposed to fix it?
0
Mark
1/26/2004 8:22:50 AM
Sorry -- I don't know that. The EBF should have a list of bugs that it
addresses. If you want to be sure, you should contact Support.

--

"Mark" <Mark@slabs.com> wrote in message news:4014d0af$1@forums-2-dub...
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] wrote:
>
> > No. 7066 is the build that broke this.
> >

> yes, but is build 7096 supposed to fix it?

0
Roy

Web browser ole control resize problem
I am using web browser activex to display HTML documents, which works fine. The application needs to resize according to the system's display area settings. I register the ole control to resize in a window . But the problem is 1) the content (the html doc) inside the browser is not resizing 2) Couldn't attach a Scroll bars to the ole control Any idea?? Thanks, Raj. You need to resize both the OLE container, and the object -- have a look at the following link to see how it's done. ftp://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip -- <hopethish...

OLE Custom Control Resizing Problems in PB 9
I've recently moved to PB 9 and am now having a problem with an ocx control. When I attempt to re-size the control (as the parent window changes size) the ole custom control slowly moves to the bottom right until it vanishes from the screen. The resizing worked fine until I migrated from PB 7 to 9. I use the control with other C-based programs with Windows XP without a problem. Any and all sugestions are greatly appreciated. Jim. jimj@dartex.com We had the same Problem. But it is fixed in PB 9.0.1 EBF 7119 Just download it from Sybase and rebuild your Application. &...

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

OLE Custom Control Resizing Problems in PB 9
I've recently moved to PB 9 and am now having a problem with an ocx control. When I attempt to re-size the control (as the parent window changes size) the ole custom control slowly moves to the bottom right until it vanishes from the screen. The resizing worked fine until I migrated from PB 7 to 9. I use the control with other C-based programs with Windows XP without a problem. Any and all sugestions are greatly appreciated. Jim. jimj@dartex.com I think the latest release fixed that particular bug... we had the same issue. > I've recently moved to PB 9 and am ...

How to open new browser window for ole web browser control?
I insert a web browser control in my PB window, and I place a command button named "New Browser" in order to open a new browser window, I set the code for clicked event of the command button as follows: oleobject lob_browser boolean lb_cancel = True ole_1.Event newwindow2(lob_browser, lb_cancel ) the result is NO any window was opened. What is the problem? In addition, How can I obtain the current URL when the browser is navigating? Thanks a lot. ...

MS Web Browser Ole Control
Im using the MS Web Browser Ole Control in PB 7.02 and wrote a web browser for our users. We restrict what websites a user can go to by having it connected to a DB. In the DB is a list of sites they can go to. I was able to get all this working but my problem is that the user can just hit CONTROL+N and this will open up the normal IE program in a new window. Then the user can just go wherever they want to. I need a way to prevent CONTROL+N from opening IE. I have tried using pbm_syskeydown but it never gets called. Any ideas? Thanks. You need to be able to respond to IE ...

Web Browser OLE Control
I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application, using IE 4, service pack 2, and PB 503. We use function keys instead of the mouse clicks. I want to be able to capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the browser ole object. I have been able to map the function keys to an invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for "escape". It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the application. Also, I have found that before focus is lost...

OLE Web Browser in PB
We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which are avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could provide me with some information regarding the functions /events avialable in the OLE web Browser. Basically, you want ole_web_browser.object.Navigate(ls_Url). Here's your resource: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752043.aspx > We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser > to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which > are avialable thru it. If would be great ...

Web Browser Ole Control
I have a window with the Web Browser ole object in it. I'd like to close that window based on action taken within the Web page, without getting the IE message: "The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close the window?" Is there a way around that? Thanks in advance. AFAIK, not -- the emssage is displayed by IE, not PB, and unless there is a global IE setting (which I am not aware of) to suppress this behavior, you're out of luck here. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchan...

ole web browser control
ok I put one of these microsoft we browser controls on a window how do I use it? is there anywhere where I can read up on this? Warren Take a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip Note: the demo app is PFC-based, so you'll need to add the PFC PBLs to the library list before you can run it. That said, the demo can be ported to native PB very easilly. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Warren Harris" <admin@harrisoftware.com> wrote in message news...

OLE Web Browser Control
Everyone, Not getting argument values in the BeforeNavigate2 or NavigateComplete2 events when the ole control is embedded on a window during runtime executable. Get the arguments running within development, but not at runtime. Using PB 7.03 build 10312. Noticed after some research, this is an on-again/off-again things with certain builds. Willing to migrate to any version of PB that this is working. Please let me know, ASAP. Email jsmitchell@kforce.com and or respond to the group. TIA!!! Thanks, Scott http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ "some dude" <some...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

Web Browser OLE Control #2
I am trying to integrate a Mapquest map into an application using the Microsoft Web Browser OLE Control. I am able to get it to pull up the correct map for an address taken from a database. My problem is that the OLE control is very small and when the webpage loads all you can see is the top left corner of the browser window (consisting of the mapquest logo and a big banner ad...not so useful). I would like the map to be centered in the control. I can think of two possible solutions, though I have no clue how to implement them: 1. Make the browser window automatically scr...

Web resources about - ole web browser control resize and PB 9 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the major aims of the project is for Chrome to be a tabbed window manager, or shell for the web, as opposed to it being a traditional browser ...

New Apple TV hacked to run makeshift Safari browser
A new YouTube video (embedded below) showing the first browser designed for the new Apple TV has been published. The app uses a private API to ...

Mozilla Releases Firefox Web Browser on iOS
Mozilla has announced the release of its Firefox Web browser app on iOS devices. The app allows users to connect their Firefox account to access ...

Finally, Mozilla’s Firefox Web browser is now available on iOS
Better late than never? At long last, Mozilla has released its popular Web browser on iOS. Thats right: You can now browse the Web on your iPhone, ...

Top 50 UK websites expose your browser to unknown scripts
... UK websites to find out what their users were being exposed to. The findings show that on average, when visiting a top 50 UK site, your browser ...

Top 10 Free Must Have SEO Browser Plugins
... like ScreamingFrog, SearchMetrics, Majestic, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and the list could go on and on, but people often overlook the power of browser ...

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: Smart agents like Cortana will replace the web browser
First, we had the PC. Then we had the browser. Next, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella thinks it will be the "agent," the sort of virtual assistant ...

You can finally use Mozilla’s Firefox web browser on iOS
... Mozilla has finally brought Firefox to iOS devices around the world, after first appearing on Android more than three years ago. The browser ...

League of Legends promotes new Champion with a browser game
... . Riot Games is allowing players to get acquainted with her tough love personality by way of a minigame, which is playable in your browser. ...