OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control

I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me.

I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class
(referencing Word).  This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's
what the properties window says.

Why is this different than a regular OLE control?  Why is the objectdata
attribute not valid?  Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and
rename)?  These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control.

Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then
again, OLE in general is odd.  If anyone can point out the difference between an
OLE Custom Control user object and an OLE control, I would appreciate it.

TIA

Scott M. Peck
0
Scott

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

ole control not in ole list
Using PB 7.0. I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window. Here's the catch. While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation". This is because at runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer. I can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path. Any suggestion? The control works fine in a VB app. I need help AS...

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

OLE/WORD97 PRINTING OLE CONTROL?
I have an ole control(ole_1) on a response window that contains a MS WORD document. Since it doesn't merge the FILE menu option with Inplace activation, I created a Print button on the window to print the WORD document inside the ole control. However, I haven't been able to successfully do this. What is the correct syntax for printing an ole control WORD document. I have tried the following with no luck: ole_1.object.PrintOut() ole_1.object.application.ActiveDocument.Printout() ole_1.object.ActiveDocument.Printout() Thank You, Jason Try this: ole_1.ActiveDoc...

OLE Custom Control
I have an OLE Custom Control on my form, when I get to this line of my code I get an error: ole_1.object.TargetURL = ls_target The error I get is: "Error accessing external object property targeturl" I have checked to make sure that the ls_target variable does in fact hold a valid url. Any ideas how to correct this? This usually says that the OLE Custom Control doesn't have the property targetURL. Have you checked that? You can do that using the object browser: Mainmenu: Tools/Browser, choose the tabpage OLE, search OLE Custom Controls for the control in quest...

Ole custom control
Hi my requirement is like this. i have to show a control which should work like microsoft file explorer. where I can see all the files and folders in the specified path. i acheived this by using the olecustom control Microsoft web browser. where by using Navigate i can give any path and i am able to see the content of the path. but my question is that suppose we select 5 files by holding Ctrl key or by dragging how i can find out which files are getting selected in that browser. please help me. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups...

OLE custom controls
I'm trying to using a OCX from fileNet. It was listed in the OLE control list. but when I insert the control into a window, the ole object was blank. when I clicked on the Ocx properties, nothing was shown. I have no problem with other OLE controls except this one. Anyone has any idea about this... I am using PB 5.002. But if I use PB 7, I do not have this problem. Thanks in advance! regards, Yuan Wei Try upgrading to 5.0.04. Be aware that PB5 is no longer supported by Sybase. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http:/...

ActiveX will dispear in PB Custom OLE Control, why?
Hi, there, I wrote an ActiveX control in MFC of VC++, it works well in Microsoft ActiveX Control Test Container. In PowerBuilder, I input it into a window as a Custom OLE Control in design time, In running time it worked well at first, however, it disappeared after I clicked it, switched to another window, then switched back. Only a white block left there. And there would be no any event (WM_LBUTTONDOWN or WM_PAINT) happened no matter what I did on it after it dispeared. It seems it is masked by other window, I guess PB Custom OLE Control masked it. Is that a PB bug or something w...

Why does OLE Control work but OLE Object doesn't ?
I am trying to deploy a third party ActiveX/OCX in a PowerBuilder NVO (for EAServer). Placing an OLE Control on a window works fine. I can access object properties etc. Using an OLEObject and ConnectToNewObject should accomplish the same result (as per PB documentation) These two code segments should work identically, but the second (which I need to work) produces "Error accessing external object property" error // 1. OLE control placed on a window ole_1.Object.Timeout = 1000 // 2. ActiveX control placed on a window OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj = CREATE OLEObj...

Is there a specific Windows OLE config required to support PB OLE controls
Hi there, I have a PB 8.0.1 app that stores external documents as LONG fields in an Oracle 7 database. The app retrieves the data, assigns it to an OLE control then activates the control. On 4 out of 12 PCs the line 'ole_1.dataobject = ....' crashes with a bad runtime function error. My guess is either the data is being corrupted somehow by SQL*Net or the Windows OLE configuration is different on the offending PCs. The client IT people say the PC config are the same but i cannot believe that. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what aspect of the PC config I should l...

OLE object control inside a datawindow control
Hello, I need to add a OLE object control inside of a datawindow control, I need to know how can call the methods (and access to its properties) of the oleobject. I have try with this code but it results in error running the application: dw1.object.ole_object.aboutmethod() dw1.object.ole_object.propertyX = 1 I have get success if I do the same but adding the OLE object directly to the window, so that this code works OK: this.object.ole_object.aboutmethod() this.object.ole_object.propertyX = 1 But I need to work with a datawindow to do other questions, How have I to invoke ...

Web resources about - OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

Queensland police shut down out-of-control party in Berserker, Rockhampton
Police shut down a party of 150 young people who had gathered at a house in Berserker, Rockhampton on Friday night.

Contextual and Granular Notification Controls
... written a lot about notifications, at one point calling the notifications screen “my home screen.” But I don’t like how we are forced to control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

While No One Was Watching, Obama Took Control of the Courts
... and President Obama’s legacy.” It didn’t favor conservatives but there was a dramatic shift to the far left. The appellate is under the control ...

Sanders Backs Gun Control Legislation Ahead of Democratic Debate
Hillary Clinton's campaign calls her rival's move a "debate-eve conversion."

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: The Oscar stuff is ‘completely beyond my control at this point’
... last night’s London premiere of The Revenant . Leo is looking pretty good these days. He’s de-bloated, his facial hair is very much under control, ...