OCX Web and PB 6.5

Hi PB People:

We are using the OCX Web browser for view html files, and we want to send a
Word document that is stored in a database to the OCX Web browser, we
recovered this document with the sentence SELECTBLOB document FROM DocWord;
and we stored the binary object in a BLOB variable. After, we generated a
temporary Word file with the data of this variable and show it in the Web
browser with the Navigate(url) sentence
ole_web.Object.Navigate("C:\temp\document.doc")
We want to make the same without having to generate the document temporary,
directly sending the information to the Web browser as the sentence
response.write of ASP.

How to send this information directly to the Web browser?

I have found information about this but it needs to use an interface called
IPersisStremInit, but i do not know how doing it.

Thansk to all
Hola a la gente de PB

Estamos usando el OCX Web Browser para ver ficheros HTML, y queremos enviar
un documento Word que est� almacenado en una base de datos al OCX Web
Browser, recuperamos el documento con la sentencia SELECTBLOB document FROM
DocWord; y almacenamos el objeto binario en una variable BLOB. Despu�s,
generamos un fichero Word temporal con los datos de esta variable y lo
mostramos en el Web Browser con la sentencia Navigate(url)
Ole_web.Object.Navigate("c:\temp\document.doc")
Queremos hacer lo mismo sin tener que generar el documento temporal,
directamente enviando la informaci�n al Web Browser como la sentencia de ASP
response.write

�C�mo enviar esta informaci�n directamente al Web Browser?

He encontrado informaci�n sobre esto pero necesita usar un interface llamado
IPersistStreamInit, pero no se como hacerlo

Gracias a todos.

0
Keyhelp

Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5
Hi I have created a Delphi 5 ActiveX that manage a series of BMP images. I inserted it in PB 6.5 (using the tips posted here, i.e., getting a native pointer, etc.). It worked fine... for a while. But now I'm having a little trouble with the following description: Within the ActiveX inserted in PB 6.5: 1.- I construct an image (a BMP) for printing it. 2.- I use the delphi printer object to put a title over the image. 3.- I print it and everything is OK. The title and the image appear. 4.- Here is the trouble. I print it again and just the title appear. I don�t know why the ...

OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)
We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX (DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card). It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT). We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external functions of OCX. With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to always be passed by value (and no more by reference). With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external function. With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external func...

PB 6.5 , OLAP and OCX
Hi, I want to give a drilldown functionality in the app. I am using Microsoft Horizontalflexgrid and ado. I am connecting to the ado and want to assign the recordset created to the horizontal flexgrid. There are couple of questions:- 1. How do I check whether the ADO has created a recordset or not in PB 6.5 ? 2. "ole_hflexgrid.object.rowset = nvado.recordset", this statement is giving me a error accessing external object property rowset. What am I doing wrong ? ( the full code is given below) 3. This is the strangest of all. I tried going thru the mshflx98.chm...

PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE
I have build an application in Powerbuilder 6.5 that uses 2 OCX controls. One of them is the GanttOCX from AddSoft, the other one is home-made. Both OCX controls are working fine when running the appliction from within the PB 6.5 development environment, but if I run the executable and try to open the windows containing the controls the executable is crashing and causing a Access Violation. This happens with both the controls. Some Additional information: The OCX controls are created as a visual ole user object and this ole user object is placed on a window. If you have any ideas...

Internet Explorer OCX in PB 6.5
Hi all, just started testing to use OLE objects in PB 6.5 trying to build an browser using Microsoft WebBrowser Object. When doing this in Visual Basic I have no problem accessing properties or functions of this control but when trying to do the simplest task of them all in PB I'm failing on ex. "Unknown function name: navigate". When using objectBrowser looking at the objects properties/functions and so on in PB it lists the functionname "navigate". I found an example on how to work with IE in PB 7. But I don't have this version of PB thats why I'm ask...

PB 6.5 crash with Sheridan OCX
I am using Sheridan's SSYear OCX control. It worked fine for me under PowerBuilder 5.004. But in PB 6.5 i get a GPF in PBVM60.DLL if I click between days too quickly. I've tried moving the click event's code to a user event and I've tried allocating space for the strings that the ole_calendar uses before their usage with no luck. My OLE DLLs are later than what is recommended. Any ideas? Thanks. I had (actually, I still have) problems with OCX controls and PB 6.5 executables too (see discussion: "PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE") and someone recommended ...

How to use .ocx files in pb 6.5
Hi all, I'm kinda newbie and I have to attacht this bar-code scanner to my powerbuilder application. With mscomm32.ocx this has to work, but HOW? Can anyone PLEASE!!! help me!!??! Thnx in advance, Jona jona@home.nl Open a window and then from the window toolbar select 'OLE ' from the visual components list. This will open a dialog box. Go to third tab 'Insert Control' and selected your required ocx. If its not already registered then register it by the button 'Register New' Hope it helps Suhail Sarwar ...

OCX (visual control) creation in PB 6.5 ?
What is the way to create dynamicly an OLE Control for a visual V.B. 6.0 OCX (through PB scripting)? Why doesn't my OCX react to event pbm_keydown, ... What should be done ? Best regards, Michel Goetz mailto:michel.goetz@pandora.be ...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

Newbie Question : OCX & pb 6.5
Hi all, I've just finish my first ActiveX Component (a simple toolbar), with vb 6.0, but it seems that I've missed something... I can "import" my ocx in pb 6.5, I can run the application etc... but... I can't call ocx's methods and properties... Here is my piece of code : ole_toolbar is my ocx....(hu... the OLE container) ole_toolbar.AddItem("Some texte for the caption of the item") or ole_toolbar.BkColor = RGB(some values...) pb doesn't recognize AddItem function and BkColor Property... Why...? thx you, Cedric Menec Try: ol...

Web.PB with PB 6.5
Hello, We have purchased PB 6.0 Enterprise Edition. Then we upgraded to 6.5 by using the maintenance kit available on the Sybase site. Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? Thanks, Amrick Singh In article <jc##fBE$#GA.335@forums.sybase.com>, kunj@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in says... > Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? > The Web.PB wizard appears as a new system level toolbar button. It is integrated into the IDE. KLook for the spiderweb toolbar icon -- Andy Turiansky TeamSybase http://w...

PB 5, OLE's, and OCX's
Anyone have an idea that may solve this one: I create an OLE object, connect to a COM object, then use the COM object via OLE accordingly. However, when I build the application, the OLE object isn't being created. I created an ActiveX control (OCX) however PB 5 will no longer recognize, a.k.a. "see", the OCX control. Any ideas? Unfortunately, not by my choice, I don't have the option to migrate to a better version of Power Builder. Have you tried registering the ocx file... System32\regsvr32.exe directory\name.ocx HTH <Superman> wrote in me...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5 #2
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

Problem Dynamic Visual OCX creation with PB 6.5
1) I don't find the way to create ' dynamicly ' an OCX in a PB Sheet. I havn't any problem by defining the OCX by applying it, ' staticly ', as an OLECustomControl in my PB test Sheet. 2) When I use the FlexGrid in a VB OCX, I can't use the navigation keys, ... !? Why, how to solve this? Any help is welcome, Best Regards, Michel Goetz. ...

Web resources about - OCX Web and PB 6.5 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

OCX News: Onex Corp Headlines & Press Releases - Bloomberg
Breaking news on Onex Corp (OCX) including company news, press releases and other Private Equity headline news.

Next-Gen GPS: Success Hinges On Sticking With OCX Ground Segment
The Global Positioning System is one of the greatest innovations of modern times. As a Government Accountability Office study put it in September, ...

GPS III and OCX Satellite Launch, Early Orbit Ops Successfully Demonstrated
Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Company successfully completed the third of five planned launch and early orbit exercises to demonstrate the launch ...

The Sennheiser OCX 685i Is a Great Set of Workout-Oriented Headphones
... before, but when you're going for a jog, you need something a little different. Our friends at the Wirecutter picked the Sennheiser OCX 685i ...

Lockheed Martin GPS III and OCX satellite launch and early orbit exercises demo successful
Lockheed Martin may be a name more closely tied with aircraft than anything else, but the company plays a significant role in the nation’s space ...

Component-based software engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A simple example of two components expressed in UML 2.0. The checkout component, responsible for facilitating the customer's order, requires ...

Software Development
Software Directory - Category: Software Development - Page 1 - Our directory lists 20.000+ freeware, shareware and commercial software titles, ...

Amiga Forever - Troubleshooting
Help FAQ Troubleshooting Public Discussion Technical Support Tutorials Amiga Emulators Data Sharing Migration Tips Good or Bad? Web Links Downloads ...

Dedicated Internet Access - Our Circuit Options - Business Internet Access - Products and Services ...
Bandwidth.com provides broadband Internet access from T1 to OCx for businesses. Get dedicated Internet access with industry-leading support. ...

Enigma Virtual Box turns complex applications into portable, single executables
The typical large application will have a rather complex structure. There might be DLLs, OCXs and other executable components, data files and ...