OCX (visual control) creation in PB 6.5 ?

What is the way to create dynamicly an  OLE Control for a visual V.B. 6.0
OCX (through PB scripting)?

Why doesn't my OCX react to event pbm_keydown, ...  What should be done ?

Best regards,

Michel Goetz
mailto:michel.goetz@pandora.be

0
Michel

Problem Dynamic Visual OCX creation with PB 6.5
1) I don't find the way to create ' dynamicly ' an OCX in a PB Sheet. I havn't any problem by defining the OCX by applying it, ' staticly ', as an OLECustomControl in my PB test Sheet. 2) When I use the FlexGrid in a VB OCX, I can't use the navigation keys, ... !? Why, how to solve this? Any help is welcome, Best Regards, Michel Goetz. ...

PB 801build 9056, Visual Speller OCX control and which OCX file is registered
We are still having problems with Visual Speller. The developers have the copy of the ocx control with the Visual Speller license on their C: drives. This is the one they register from within PB when inserting the OLE control. On the network, where the applications are deployed, is another copy of the ocx file that is needed when the users run the application. Before creating the exe and pbds we check the Browser OLE tab to see that the correct file is registered. All is fine. But after we create our exe and pbds we again check the Browser OLE tab and find that the file being refer...

Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5
Hi I have created a Delphi 5 ActiveX that manage a series of BMP images. I inserted it in PB 6.5 (using the tips posted here, i.e., getting a native pointer, etc.). It worked fine... for a while. But now I'm having a little trouble with the following description: Within the ActiveX inserted in PB 6.5: 1.- I construct an image (a BMP) for printing it. 2.- I use the delphi printer object to put a title over the image. 3.- I print it and everything is OK. The title and the image appear. 4.- Here is the trouble. I print it again and just the title appear. I don�t know why the ...

OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)
We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX (DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card). It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT). We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external functions of OCX. With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to always be passed by value (and no more by reference). With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external function. With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external func...

Call Visual Basic 6.0 exe OR OCX in PowerBuiler 6.5 Application
Hi! Friends I have application in PB 6.5; I want to add new module or functionality in one of the MDI sheet. New functionality is in VB 6.0 as an application OR OCX control. This VB application will take argument and also return number, which I want to use in PB 6.5 application. I want your ides, How I can start in PB 6.5. Note: PB application connects to Oracle using native driver and VB application connects to other Oracle database using ADO connection. Thank you. Paresh ...

OCX Web and PB 6.5
Hi PB People: We are using the OCX Web browser for view html files, and we want to send a Word document that is stored in a database to the OCX Web browser, we recovered this document with the sentence SELECTBLOB document FROM DocWord; and we stored the binary object in a BLOB variable. After, we generated a temporary Word file with the data of this variable and show it in the Web browser with the Navigate(url) sentence ole_web.Object.Navigate("C:\temp\document.doc") We want to make the same without having to generate the document temporary, directly sending the informatio...

PB 6.5 , OLAP and OCX
Hi, I want to give a drilldown functionality in the app. I am using Microsoft Horizontalflexgrid and ado. I am connecting to the ado and want to assign the recordset created to the horizontal flexgrid. There are couple of questions:- 1. How do I check whether the ADO has created a recordset or not in PB 6.5 ? 2. "ole_hflexgrid.object.rowset = nvado.recordset", this statement is giving me a error accessing external object property rowset. What am I doing wrong ? ( the full code is given below) 3. This is the strangest of all. I tried going thru the mshflx98.chm...

PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE
I have build an application in Powerbuilder 6.5 that uses 2 OCX controls. One of them is the GanttOCX from AddSoft, the other one is home-made. Both OCX controls are working fine when running the appliction from within the PB 6.5 development environment, but if I run the executable and try to open the windows containing the controls the executable is crashing and causing a Access Violation. This happens with both the controls. Some Additional information: The OCX controls are created as a visual ole user object and this ole user object is placed on a window. If you have any ideas...

How to use .ocx files in pb 6.5
Hi all, I'm kinda newbie and I have to attacht this bar-code scanner to my powerbuilder application. With mscomm32.ocx this has to work, but HOW? Can anyone PLEASE!!! help me!!??! Thnx in advance, Jona jona@home.nl Open a window and then from the window toolbar select 'OLE ' from the visual components list. This will open a dialog box. Go to third tab 'Insert Control' and selected your required ocx. If its not already registered then register it by the button 'Register New' Hope it helps Suhail Sarwar ...

Internet Explorer OCX in PB 6.5
Hi all, just started testing to use OLE objects in PB 6.5 trying to build an browser using Microsoft WebBrowser Object. When doing this in Visual Basic I have no problem accessing properties or functions of this control but when trying to do the simplest task of them all in PB I'm failing on ex. "Unknown function name: navigate". When using objectBrowser looking at the objects properties/functions and so on in PB it lists the functionname "navigate". I found an example on how to work with IE in PB 7. But I don't have this version of PB thats why I'm ask...

PB 6.5.1 and ActiveX controls
I'm new to PowerBuilder and would like to know if there are known limitations in ActiveX control hosting in PB. So far we have only done some tests with Delphi. Although the control does work properly, we are experiencing problems when closing the window where the control has been inserted (an unhandled exception appears). Otherwise our control works properly in whatever container you like except PB. I'm looking for good resources about what can and cannot be done when you're implementing an ActiveX control. Our preferred method should be Visual C++ in the near future....

PB 6.5 crash with Sheridan OCX
I am using Sheridan's SSYear OCX control. It worked fine for me under PowerBuilder 5.004. But in PB 6.5 i get a GPF in PBVM60.DLL if I click between days too quickly. I've tried moving the click event's code to a user event and I've tried allocating space for the strings that the ole_calendar uses before their usage with no luck. My OLE DLLs are later than what is recommended. Any ideas? Thanks. I had (actually, I still have) problems with OCX controls and PB 6.5 executables too (see discussion: "PB 6.5 OCX Crashes in EXE") and someone recommended ...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

How can I print an OCX WebBrowser control in PB 5 ?
I have placed an ocx control (WebBrowser) in my pfc application and i would like to print the contents of that ocx . it seems that the pfc_print does'nt work here - Can someone help me ? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ //////// Asher Halfon | Voice: 972-3-6702794 //////// Tikal Software Industries LTD. | Fax: 972-3-6737446 //////// 31 Male Hzofim St. Ramat Gan | E-Mail: info@tikalsoft.com //////// 52488 Israel | www.tikalsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

Web resources about - OCX (visual control) creation in PB 6.5 ? - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Wikipedia:Creation and usage of media files - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Images, audio and video files must be uploaded into Wikipedia using the "Upload file" link on the left-hand navigation bar. Only logged in users ...

Shizup Meme, GIF Creation App Launches on iOS, Android
Shizup has announced the launch of its meme and GIF creation app on iOS and Android. The app allows users to create memes by combining text they ...

How Google Panda Affected Website Creation
Business 2 Community How Google Panda Affected Website Creation Business 2 Community Danny Sullivan of Search Engine Land had discovered a ...

Florida: 2nd In Job Creation As Unemployment Continues to Fall
CBS Local Florida: 2nd In Job Creation As Unemployment Continues to Fall CBS Local Interior Secretary Ken Salazar (R) greets construction ...

The future of hit TV series creation
Inside the making of successful TV shows with some of the best creators in the business

Five reasons job creation is so weak
Here are five reasons why the economy is creating so few jobs, says Peter Morici.

Media Creation Tool Succumbs to Windows 10 Update
In the November update, an alternate Windows 10 installation method is pulled while some users complain about disappearing software.

Adobe upgrades Photoshop, Premiere Pro, adds stunning Fuse CC 3D character-creation tool
Adobe continues to make good on its side of the subscription deal by delivering solid updates across the board for its Creative Suite applications ...

How To Scale Content Creation To Your Advantage
Content creation is important but community engagement is key. As the King of your tribe, entrepreneurs must use content more like a Queen and ...

Microsoft's Latest iOS Creation Is a Selfie App We Don't Need But Whatever
For over a year, Microsoft’s been doing something interesting by making great apps for other mobile operating systems, like Android’s Arrow Launcher ...