OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)

We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX
(DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card).
It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT).
We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external
functions of OCX.
With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to
always be passed by value (and no more by reference).
With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external
function.
With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external function on XP (maybe
due to unsupport of Imaging on XP ?) but correct behaviour on Me.
So... do we have to do something special under PB 8 (new registration of OCX
?) ?
Does PB 8 discover public methods of OCX a different way than in PB 6.5 ?
Is the way of integrating external OCX under PB 8 different from under PB
6.5 ?

Thanks for help

Philippe
psalvan@supralog.com

0
Philippe

PB 6.5 Vs PB 8.0
We have an application developed using PB 6.5. Recently we started running into problems with the build and Visual Source Safe. We are considering migrating to PB 8.0. What are the benefits of migrating to PB 8.0? Are there any major benefits with respect to builds. I went through some of the postings on this newsgroup, but could not get much information. If someone has any links or ideas, it would help us a lot. Regards Srinivas ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have you tried reading the newsgroup powersoft.p...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Performance issues PB 8 vs PB 6.5
We are currently running an app compiled w/ PB6.5. We recompiled using PB 8.0 (didn't apply the patch yet) and deployed the app to one persons machine. There was a noticable difference in speed when retrieving data, it's much slower. We are using SQL Anywhere 7.03 and have about 200 users connected. Is there no way around this slow down of data access? Are there some compile switches we can use to speed things up, or is this just a fact of life w/ PB 8. Thanks in advance Greg I'm amazed that you deployed without the 8.0.1 maintenance release. We had MAJOR GPF and...

PB 7 vs PB 6 & PB 5
We have a large application, compiled with PB 5.04, running at about 20 client sites. Generally speaking, if a PB 5.04 app is compiled with PB 7, what changes can the developer expect in app performance and memory usage? Thank you, st I'm assuming that 5.04 app is a 16 bit app. With PB7, you're going to be compiling 32bit apps. There are issues associated with that (I don't know if you are calling 16 bit functions or not). The files will generally be much larger. I haven't seen much myself that noticable as far as memory or performance issues though. O...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

[MIGRATION QUESTION] PB 6.5.1 vs PB 8.0.1
Hi everyone, i have a question : We have developped a startegic application for one of our customer. We've developped it using PB 6.5.1 (on Windows NT 4.0) we plan to migrate this application to PB 8.0.1. Does anyone have heard about particuliar problems about PB 8 ? What is your opinion about this new version ? It seems to be faster... Is it stable enough w/ OCXs, etc ? Thanks in advance for any answer ! best regards, Guillaume MAISON In Sybase.Public.EAServer.PowerBuilder I answered another question regarding PB4 to PB8. See that posting for further detai...

PB 8.0 Deployment Dlls vs. PB 6.5 Deployment Dlls
Hello, We currently have a few Powerbuilder apps that have been developed using PB 6.5. All of them use an Oracle database. Some of them make use of the pfc libraries. Some of these apps serve as a batch interface while others are major applications. Most of our applications are fat-client. However, we do have one application that is a 3-tier application. Our applications run mostly on Windows 2000, although we still have some users using NT and possibly Win 95. We have packaged PB 6.5 Deployment dlls and as new users need the application, they not only receive the PB ...

Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5
Hi I have created a Delphi 5 ActiveX that manage a series of BMP images. I inserted it in PB 6.5 (using the tips posted here, i.e., getting a native pointer, etc.). It worked fine... for a while. But now I'm having a little trouble with the following description: Within the ActiveX inserted in PB 6.5: 1.- I construct an image (a BMP) for printing it. 2.- I use the delphi printer object to put a title over the image. 3.- I print it and everything is OK. The title and the image appear. 4.- Here is the trouble. I print it again and just the title appear. I don�t know why the ...

PB 8 with PB 6.5
Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 apps on the same system? Are there any issues with shared DLLs. From what I was told the DLLs are named different, but has anyone actually tried this? Please post powerbuilder questions to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder.* newsgroups rather than to the ASE newsgroups. -bret SSCUSER wrote: > Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 apps on the same > system? > Are there any issues with shared DLLs. From what I was told the DLLs > are named different, but has anyone actually tried this? sscuse...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Web resources about - OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5) - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

OCX News: Onex Corp Headlines & Press Releases - Bloomberg
Breaking news on Onex Corp (OCX) including company news, press releases and other Private Equity headline news.

Next-Gen GPS: Success Hinges On Sticking With OCX Ground Segment
The Global Positioning System is one of the greatest innovations of modern times. As a Government Accountability Office study put it in September, ...

GPS III and OCX Satellite Launch, Early Orbit Ops Successfully Demonstrated
Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Company successfully completed the third of five planned launch and early orbit exercises to demonstrate the launch ...

The Sennheiser OCX 685i Is a Great Set of Workout-Oriented Headphones
... before, but when you're going for a jog, you need something a little different. Our friends at the Wirecutter picked the Sennheiser OCX 685i ...

Lockheed Martin GPS III and OCX satellite launch and early orbit exercises demo successful
Lockheed Martin may be a name more closely tied with aircraft than anything else, but the company plays a significant role in the nation’s space ...

Component-based software engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A simple example of two components expressed in UML 2.0. The checkout component, responsible for facilitating the customer's order, requires ...

Software Development
Software Directory - Category: Software Development - Page 1 - Our directory lists 20.000+ freeware, shareware and commercial software titles, ...

Amiga Forever - Troubleshooting
Help FAQ Troubleshooting Public Discussion Technical Support Tutorials Amiga Emulators Data Sharing Migration Tips Good or Bad? Web Links Downloads ...

Dedicated Internet Access - Our Circuit Options - Business Internet Access - Products and Services ...
Bandwidth.com provides broadband Internet access from T1 to OCx for businesses. Get dedicated Internet access with industry-leading support. ...

Enigma Virtual Box turns complex applications into portable, single executables
The typical large application will have a rather complex structure. There might be DLLs, OCXs and other executable components, data files and ...