No animation for OLE in PB 6.5, Help!

Hello everyone.  I am trying to make a PB app look a lot like a web page.  I
am inserting an OLE object I made in ULead 3.0 GIF Animator.  The OLE is a
moving text, like a marquee.  However, when I insert it into PowerBuilder,
it does not move.  Do I need to do something else, i.e. call the OLE,
register a .dll or activate the OLE?

Please Help.

Thank You,

Ryan Keenan
Software Architects

0
Ryan

Help using OLE from a PB executable (PB 6.5)
I copied this from a suggestion found in this NG on how to convert datawindow to Excel - by saving to HTML (to get computed fields etc), then converting to Excel format using OLE. When I run from within PB, it works fine - the file "docname" is in Excel format. But when I build the application and run from an EXE, the Excel logic doesn't seem to do anything - the resulting file still looks in HTML format. I am wondering if I need to add something to the Resource file to get this OLE to work from executable? The code is as follows (where "ds" is a DataS...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

IE OLE in pb 6.5
OK. I'll try again. I've scanned thru this newsgroup, and this is what I've come up with. OLEObject ole_1 Int li_rc ole_1 = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("InternetExplorer.Application") // Returns 0 = good ole_1.Application.Visible = True ole_1.Application.Navigate("www.url.com") This works. But it opens up IE in a separate window, when what I really want is the visual control embedded in a PB window, not just the ability to control IE from PB. So, my question is this - How to get the control on the window. Thanks ...

PB 6.5 with OLE, insertrow problems
Has any had this problem? I am running PB 6.5 and we converted a part of our framework and application so it can be executed via an OLE interface. When we execute the program via OLE, everything looks OK, except in the framework script an 'dw_xxx.insertrow(0)' statement fails to insert a row. I checked return code and it returns a zero(0), and there is no rows in the datawindow. Any ideas? -- Paul K. Watje AssetWorks, Inc. ...

PB 6.5 OLE WORD 2000
Hey all, I'm having trouble connecting to an existing Word 2000 document, when trying to acces the ActiveDocument property. This is a sample of the code : Integer li_return OLEObject myoleobject myoleobject = CREATE OLEObject li_return = myoleobject.ConnectToObject("C:\Temp\OLE TEST.doc") Choose Case li_return Case -1 MessageBox("INFO", "Invalid call: the argument is the Object property of a control") Case -2 MessageBox("INFO", "Class name not found") Case -3 MessageBox("INFO", "Object cou...

PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole
Re: PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole Thank you Chris, I appreciate your response. I just did what you suggested about updating to 6.5.1. The error disappeared but my screen just freezes. The hour glass shows up and that is it....... I have to kill the process using the task manager of windows. Is there something else that I need to tryout. Thank you again. D. Ramos csjkr@ttuhsc.edu ************************************************************************************************************** >Re: PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole > >Make sure that you are running 6.5.1 w...

PB 6.5 OLE issue with Win2000
I have a PB 6.5 application (using MS SQL Server 6.5) deployed 1+year ago that has a datawindow with an OLE Custom Control "Calendar Control" that has worked fine in the Win95/NT environments. However, I have two machines with Win2000 and I am receiving an error message when I try to run the application. The error occurs at the second line of the following syntax: dt_now = g_tr_sec.fnv_get_datetime() ole_1.object.value = date(dt_now) The error is: error #36 name not found accessing external object property value I know nothing about ole objects. Any help would...

PB 6.5 and OLE/Excel 97
Can someone show me how to translate these VBA macro lines into PB script that accomplish the same tasks using an OLEObject 1) lole_WorkBook.Selection.Subtotal ("GroupBy:=2, Function:=xlSum, TotalList:=Array(3, 4, 5, 6, 7), Replace:=False, PageBreaks:=False, SummaryBelowData:=True") 2) lole_WorkBook.Selection.Delete ("Shift:=xlUp") 3) lole_WorkBook.ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ("Down:=-9") 4) lole_WorkBook.ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Orientation ("xlLandscape") Also, can you recommend any good resources to assist in the process of crea...

50-OLE/Bitmaps: OLE Control will not display Bitmaps (PB 5.0)
I have a simple app that displays the scanned image of a form when the user selects the form�s ID from a list. The only problem is, the images are not appearing in the DB OLE Control. I have been able to view the images using MS Access so I�m pretty sure that it�s not a DB issue. TIA for any Help. Richard tecnica_salud@ibersis.com Please include RICHARD in the subject ...

PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole #2
Re: PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole Thank you Chris, I appreciate your response. I just did what you suggested about updating to 6.5.1. The error disappeared but my screen just freezes. The hour glass shows up and that is it....... I have to kill the process using the task manager of windows. Is there something else that I need to tryout. Thank you again. D. Ramos csjkr@ttuhsc.edu ************************************************************************************************************** >Re: PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole > >Make sure that you are running 6.5.1 w...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

problems using OLE Automation and ActiveX in PB 6
We are writing a PowerBuilder application that can be used as OLE Runtime Automation Server. We are using PowerBuilder 6.0 beta 3. We've built a 32-bit .pbd and made it a DLL ( OLE server ) We've used PowerBuilder sample program PBGENREG.PBL to generate .reg and .tlb (type library) files. We've installed PowerBuilder deployment on Windows NT 4.0 server and tried to register it with the system using "regsvr32.exe" program. We are getting an eror message: "C:\MyOLEServer.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterS...

OLE automation problems with PB 6.5.1
Since I installed PB 6.5.1 I have problems with OLE automation: I have an OLE control object called iuo_olectrl. I set the blob with iuo_olectrl.ObjectData = bl_Oledata (The blob can be a MS Word or Excel or Wordperfect document.) and start the OLE application with iuo_olectrl.DisplayType = DisplayAsIcon! iuo_olectrl.Activate (OffSite!) Everything worked fine with PB 6.5 EBF 595 and earlier EBFs and with PB 5.0.03 Since I installed PB 6.5.1. (version 620) the activate function returns with the error code -9. It only works if the application (Word or Excel) is a...

PB 6.5 datawindow and db ole #3
I am currently using PB 6.5 to maintain a datawindow which keeps track of images of signatures stored as an OLE OBJECT (long binary data) in Access 97 and now has been migrated over to SQL Server 7 as an IMAGE. I did this using a DB Ole object in the datawindow and MS Word 7 as my template. Creating it and modifying it was working great in Access 97. I can still access it in SQL Server 7 in everything that I need it for. BUT! I could not modify nor insert new images anymore. When I try to update the database I get the following error: "INCORRECT SYNTAX NEAR THE KEYWORD '...

Web resources about - No animation for OLE in PB 6.5, Help! - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in motion pictures in general—is thought to rely on the phi phenomenon . Animators are artists who specialize in the creation of animation. ...

Animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Animations can be recorded on either analogue media, such as a flip book , motion picture film , video tape, or on digital media , including ...

Animation - Wikipedia
Animation is the process of creating a continuous motion and shape change illusion by means of the rapid display of a sequence of static images ...

Wix.com Teams With DreamWorks Animation, Not an Ad Agency, for Super Bowl Return
Wix.com is going animated for Super Bowl 50. The web development company is partnering with DreamWorks Animation, forgoing the traditional client-agency ...

Japan's Animation DVD Ranking, November 23-29
2015 Detective Conan film sells 7,926 + 4,626, followed by Gundam the Origin, Kuroko's Basketball, Hetalia, Gintama

These animations will help you understand the math concepts you never got in high school
... many survive math class by memorizing the needed formulas without ever really understanding why they work in the first place. Simple animations ...

A look at the minds behind Pixar Animation Studios - Videos - CBS News
... us to their signature desk lamps and bouncing balls in their first animated movie, "Luxo Junior." November marked 20 years since Pixar Animation ...

Dreamworks Animation Inks Strategic Content Pact With DHX Media
On a newsworthy day for Dreamworks Animation , the company has inked a strategic content pact with DHX Media, a key international player in family-oriented ...

Kojima Productions 'could consider movies, animations,' including del Toro collaboration
... project will be a game because that's what fans expect, but from there? "The focus is on digital content, so we could consider movies, animations, ...

The Democratization Of Ad Production Continues With Crayola's Easy Animation Studio
... of production and its inertia is reshaping what is valued (and what is not) in the advertising world. The pressure mounts in the animation space ...