New to OCX : How can we access OLE, OCX events and properties

Hi Everyone
I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is
 how can we access their events
 how can we access their properties

mohammed

There events should be posted along with regular PB events. Access
properties and methods with the .OBJECT keyword. i.e.

oleobject_1.object.property = ??

Craig Gluck

mohammed Al <yagalhaj@aol.com> wrote in article
<345E17F5.D6F6A994@aol.com>...
> Hi Everyone
> I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is
>  how can we access their events
>  how can we access their properties
>
> Thanks

0
Craig

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

How can I view properties of OCX's in debugger? OCX woe in general
I'm trying to debug a PB app that uses a couple of ocxs. If I stop in one of the ocx events, I can't see any of it's properties. I'm really having a tough time with OCX in general - many of them give me errors like "external object xyz property abc not accessible", even though the browser shows me the property, and I use the proper type of var. I'm using 5.0.3 - I assume I didn't need the interim patches between 5.0 and this set - right? Thanks for any ideas Joe ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

OCX
Hi, I try to use Progress Bar from windows with conctl32.ocx. In NT Workstation 4.0 I register the ocx but when I insert this control in my window, I get this message : Insert of OLE object fail. License file required. Why ? I never get this message before. Thanks for your help. PS : If anybody answer this question, I appreciate if a e-mail to : mquadros@poweraction.com.br usually, the registration with regsvr32 does not make the ocx avalible in design mode, only in run mode. you need to install the ocx with installation kit from the ocx vendor, so you will have lisen...

OCX
I am trying to place a Seagate Crystal Report OCX onto a PB window. The Crystal32.OCX is not in my default list in the OLE control so I registered a new one. I then place this Crystal OCX onto a PB window. I have access to the OCX Properties by right clicking. However if I close this window and reopen it, I cannot access the OCX Properties. It appears as though there is just a control on my window now. Any info. would be appreciated. TIA Bob (bhall@shl.com) ...

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

Can't access OCX properties
Hi,all: I am using Formula One with PB, I have found some F1's properties can't be accessed by PB, an example is 'Visible' property,but there is no problem in VB.I remeber some other controls have this problem. Does anyone can tell me why ? what should I do to access these properties ? Thanks in advance. Many properties are really "container" properties, not control properties. Things like visible, x,y,width,height, etc are really controlled by the container (PB or VB) without the control itself being involved. Regards, Reed Shilts PowerBuilder Kernel ...

Accessing OLE/OCX object types from PB8 or PB9
Hello all. I am attempting to use an ActiveX in PB8 and PB9 and am having a basic problem. The control has many 'object types' embedded within it. For example: Circle Line ..... etc When I do this in VB: -------------------------------- DIM x AS Circle No problems, I now have a variable (structure) of 'type' Circle When I do this in Powerbuilder: -------------------------------- Circle x I get unknown datatype ? I understand why I get the error, but why can PB not make use of object types within OCX objects ? Any help would be apprecia...

Error accessing external...MSCOMM32.OCX OLE Object
Im getting error "Error calling external object...portopen..." while trying to open communication port, i have done a lot of trying out but still having the same problem, what am i missing here ? Using PB 8.0.4 for this project..thx -danny- Show some code. Without it we are completely guessing. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <danny> wrote in message news:425a4f2b.5465.1681692777@sybase.com... > Im getting ...

Random properties and functions can't be accessed in OCX
I have random problems with different ocx's that cause problems setting properties or calling functions. eg, "Error calling external function" or "property not found" I know the functions/properties exist, as I can maniupulate them with VB. They appear in PBs browser. Is there some generic magic that needs to be done to make PB work with ocxs? Using pb 6.0 on NT 4.0 TIA joe There are two main issues that I'm aware of: 1. In VB, you refer to items in a collection object using (), as if the index into the collection is an argument. PB treats a c...

Novell OCX NwvolAdm.ocx
I cannot set the .Fullname property of this control. i use: lob_nwvol.object.FullName = "\\......" but i keep getting a wrong property error. Could anyone please help? tia Chriss Ioannou pbda@hotmail.com ...

How to access an OCX property?
Hello: What is the PB syntax to set and get a property called Value inside an OCX which is pasted inside a DW ? I placed an OCX inside a DW whose DataSource comes from an imported file. The OCX control is called "ole_barcode" and, according to the documentation it has a "Value" property and a "Draw" method. I print a barcode for each page so I am trying to set the "Value" property in the DW Control's PrintPage Event. Curiously, when I open the OCX control's properties, I have to set a field called "Text:" , but that could...

Adobe and OLE/OCX
I have inserted an OCX control for Adobe Reader 6.0 onto my PB window and it's working fine for now. But I understand from the Adobe User Forum that Reader 7.0 will no longer support this. And I actually don't need OCX support and would rather connect to Adobe Reader as an OLE Object that I connect to via ConnectToObject(). Is this possible? Are these two entirely different technologies? Thanks for any help. Last I heard, Adobe Reader does NOT support OLE automation - only the Full Acrobat product supports OLE/COM On 1 Apr 2005 14:25:56 -0800, in sybase.public.p...

OCX Events (using activeShapes OCX Control) -- Challenge for Team PS
Hello all, I recently downloaded the activeSHAPES OCX Control (www.componentsource.com) and have been able to successfully implement the tutorial within PB 5.0.04 with no problems, except for one thing. PB can only see events and functions at the top level of the OCX control. However this control has the ability to contain sub-objects which have events on them. Normally, when using this control in VB, this presents no problems, as you can instantiate the sub-objects using 'with events' notation, thus trapping the event handling for the sub-objects contained within the...

Web resources about - New to OCX : How can we access OLE, OCX events and properties - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Fluffy buyback extended to neighbouring properties that share a wall
... Fluffy buyback and demolition Chief Minister Andrew Barr extended the Fluffy buyback and demolition scheme on Tuesday to include some properties ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

One missing as bushfire threatens properties north of Lancefield, central Victoria
UPDATE: AN elderly man is missing as crews work to protect rural properties under threat from a 3000ha bushfire that continues to burn out of ...

Golden Mile a 'basketcase' as commercial properties lose value
Kings Cross will never again function as Sydney's late-night entertainment precinct, property owners say, with residential developers snapping ...

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...