Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5 #2

Hi all,

I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me.

I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I
created an OCX using VB.
I've added a  OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the
function inside the OCX,
can someone help me?

Thanks.

0
chy01

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Help using OLE from a PB executable (PB 6.5)
I copied this from a suggestion found in this NG on how to convert datawindow to Excel - by saving to HTML (to get computed fields etc), then converting to Excel format using OLE. When I run from within PB, it works fine - the file "docname" is in Excel format. But when I build the application and run from an EXE, the Excel logic doesn't seem to do anything - the resulting file still looks in HTML format. I am wondering if I need to add something to the Resource file to get this OLE to work from executable? The code is as follows (where "ds" is a DataS...

HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Danny danm@telexiscorp.com ...

How to use .ocx files in pb 6.5
Hi all, I'm kinda newbie and I have to attacht this bar-code scanner to my powerbuilder application. With mscomm32.ocx this has to work, but HOW? Can anyone PLEASE!!! help me!!??! Thnx in advance, Jona jona@home.nl Open a window and then from the window toolbar select 'OLE ' from the visual components list. This will open a dialog box. Go to third tab 'Insert Control' and selected your required ocx. If its not already registered then register it by the button 'Register New' Hope it helps Suhail Sarwar ...

Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5
Hi I have created a Delphi 5 ActiveX that manage a series of BMP images. I inserted it in PB 6.5 (using the tips posted here, i.e., getting a native pointer, etc.). It worked fine... for a while. But now I'm having a little trouble with the following description: Within the ActiveX inserted in PB 6.5: 1.- I construct an image (a BMP) for printing it. 2.- I use the delphi printer object to put a title over the image. 3.- I print it and everything is OK. The title and the image appear. 4.- Here is the trouble. I print it again and just the title appear. I don�t know why the ...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Anyone used Crystal Reports OCX in PB 5,6 or 7?
Just checking if Crystal Reports OCX is compatible with PB - seems pretty geared towards VB only. any info would be appreciated. thanks pete Never used the OCX as I found the functionality I needed was not in the OCX but in the CREAPI. You can do a lot more with the CREAPI and it works pretty well. Last time I checked there where PB examples on the Seagate website that showed how to use the API. Hope this helps Gordon Cone Certified Powerbuiilder Developer (Associate Ver 6) Pete Armstrong <petearmstrong@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:BIVDRVNz$GA.279@forums.sy...

Change an icon on Desktop using PB 6.5
Hi I need to change an icon on desktop using my Powerbuilder application. Is there a way to do that ? Regards Ravi ...

Cannot install 2.0.0.6. Using 1.5 Tried Everything, need help
I have a Vista machine. I've been using Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 for a long time, but have never been able to install 2.0.0.6. Keep getting errors when it tries to install. I've tried exiting my Logitech Web Cam and Windows Messenger which I read can cause problems. Also temporarily suspended Norton 360. Nothing nelps, any help would be appreciated. jtodd@iquest.net John Todd wrote: > I have a Vista machine. I've been using Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 for a long > time, but have never been able to install 2.0.0.6. Keep getting errors > when it tries to insta...

OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)
We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX (DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card). It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT). We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external functions of OCX. With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to always be passed by value (and no more by reference). With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external function. With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external func...

Help! Is anyone piping to/from FoxPro 2.5 with PB 6.5??
We have some pipes that move data back and forth between Foxpro 2.5 and Sybase 11 using PB 6.5 and the 32-bit ODBC FoxPro driver from Intersolv. This was initially developed in PB 5.03, 16-bit and runs fine. After converting it to PB 6.5, 32-bit, it runs 10-times longer than it did previously. We've got a call in to tech support, but I don't think they really know what the problem is. Initially, the pipe didn't even work, until we changed MaxErrors from 1 to 100, which is a little scary, but that's what support recommended. This has been going on for a few months, ...

Smoke [5.6.2] maint-5.6-3-g2bce232 FAIL(M) linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 [debian] (x86_64/2 cpu) #2
Automated smoke report for 5.6.2 patch 2bce2321552345ccb985b6a4b87542c3eaefbac5 maint-5.6-3-g2bce232 bandsman.dyndns-ip.com: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4450e (AuthenticAMD 2300MHz) (x86_64/2 cpu) on linux - 2.6.32-5-amd64 [debian] using cc version 4.4.5 smoketime 2 minutes 9 seconds (average 2 minutes 9 seconds) Summary: FAIL(M) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = m...

Smoke [5.6.2] maint-5.6-3-g2bce232 FAIL(M) linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 [debian] (x86_64/2 cpu) #5
Automated smoke report for 5.6.2 patch 2bce2321552345ccb985b6a4b87542c3eaefbac5 maint-5.6-3-g2bce232 bandsman.dyndns-ip.com: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4450e (AuthenticAMD 2300MHz) (x86_64/2 cpu) on linux - 2.6.32-5-amd64 [debian] using cc version 4.4.5 smoketime 2 minutes 11 seconds (average 2 minutes 11 seconds) Summary: FAIL(M) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m =...

Web resources about - Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5 #2 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Gripping photos show tense moments after San Bernardino shooting
At least 14 people were killed and another 17 were injured in a mass shooting at a center for people with developmental disabilities in San Bernardino, ...

Did Google Mine Children’s Data From School-Issued Chromebooks?
Is Google a company that really follows its motto by not doing any evil? I suppose unless one can agree on a solid moral framework, the question ...

Yahoo's board is still debating the Alibaba spinoff
Yahoo's board of directors finished its first of three days of meetings on Wednesday without reaching a decision on whether to press ahead with ...

Facebook's Zuckerberg takes philanthropy into profit, politics
By Yasmeen Abutaleb SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mark Zuckerberg, who famously urged his company Facebook Inc to "move fast and break things," is ...

Join a Live Google+ Hangout with Mike O'Brien at the Paris Climate Talks This Friday
You. Me. Mike. This Friday. The internet. City of Seattle We're not in Paris for the big international climate change conference, so it seemed ...

Black Friday guns sales break all previous records
Ho, ho, ho. Now I have a (non) machine gun. All Die Hard references aside, it turns out that last Friday was a great day for sales. Not so much ...

Uber To Introduce ‘Ride Request’ Buttons On Its App
Ride-sharing service Uber, which has earned the ire of taxi drivers all over the world, is back with a new sense of adventure, that is, to include ...

Montenegro: From NATO Enemy to Potential Ally
New York Times Montenegro: From NATO Enemy to Potential Ally New York Times Kotor, on Montenegro's Adriatic coast. Montenegro came into being ...

Texas Files Suit to Block Syrian Refugees
Complaint says Feds aren't meeting their legal obligations to consult with Texas

The Week in iOS Accessories: More stands for the Apple Watch
New stands for the Apple Watch This week’s roundup of accessories offers three new ways to charge up your Apple Watch—and just two of them also ...