MS Word 97 embedded in PB 5.0 and PB 6.5 application

I am exploring the possibility of embedding the word interface in a
Powerbuilder MDI application (versions 5.0 and 6.5)  Users will use Word to
edit and to view documents. Can this be done or can I only use Word by
opening it external of a powerbuilder application?

0
Caryn

Yes, you can .in the window painter, controls box choose OLE ,then insert new
tab, then word document.
change its properties for the behaviour you like (linked,embedded)
try it, and also read about ole embedding and linking (I think PB have it in
the online books) to get more understanding.
Amit

Caryn Organic wrote:

> I am exploring the possibility of embedding the word interface in a
> Powerbuilder MDI application (versions 5.0 and 6.5)  Users will use Word to
> edit and to view documents. Can this be done or can I only use Word by
> opening it external of a powerbuilder application?

0
Amit

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

PB 5.0.4 Application can't migrate to PB 6.5
Hi, I try to migrate the application from PB5.0.4 to PB6.5. After migration, some errors occurs. Problem 1: A window ( say w_abc) which is inherited from another window (w_inherit). After migration, it has following errors Object: w_abc Instance Variables (0002) Error C0001: Illegal data type: istru_result istru_result - is a window structure in w_inherit window and it is used in w_abc instance variables In w_abc window, Instance variables: istru_result istru_result1 Problem 2: If a function which used string array ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

apo_control from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5
I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not work in PB 6.5. It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that was basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden. The problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects. Since going to 6.5 it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be 3 and it is only reporting 1)??? The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in circles when I try to locate the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Tom, Have you looked into the logical unit of work servi...

PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5
Hi, I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht. In developpement mode, all it's ok. I do the excutable OK. I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not available !! I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if the SQLCA transaction, it's ok. I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is empty !!! What 's wrong doctor ? Could you give me some help ? fred Have you dynamically assigned the datawindow object - e.g., dw_1.DataObject='d_mydat...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

PB 5.0 & MS Word 6.0
Hello All ! Does anyone know, where to find documentation on communicating with MS Word via OLE (PowerScript examples, full list and descriptions of functions and controls of MS Word OLE control) ? Sergey Smirnov. ps. Sorry for my bad english... I believe there is an sample of this in the EXAMPLES application that comes with PB. You could also purchase the Word for Windows Technical Resource Kit. All that information is in the book. On Sun, 02 Nov 1997 17:20:58 +0300, Sergey V Smirnov <ngts@telecom.nov.ru> wrote: >Hello All ! > >Does anyone know, where ...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Web resources about - MS Word 97 embedded in PB 5.0 and PB 6.5 application - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...