Internet Explorer OCX in PB 6.5

Hi all, just started testing to use OLE objects in PB 6.5 trying to build an
browser using Microsoft WebBrowser Object.

When doing this in Visual Basic I have no problem accessing properties or
functions of this control but when trying to do the simplest task of them
all in PB I'm failing on ex. "Unknown function name: navigate". When using
objectBrowser looking at the objects properties/functions and so on in PB it
lists the functionname "navigate". I found an example on how to work with IE
in PB 7. But I don't have this version of PB thats why I'm asking this.

How do I do it?
I'm putting the object on a window in PB letting defaultname ole_1 be the
olename. Then on the open event  for window I try to access a function like
this:
ole_1.navigate("www.microsoft.com")

pls, help me if you can se what I'm doing wrong!

regards
Kjell Brandes

0
Kjell

sorry forgot about Object.

ole_1.object.navigate("") works....

Kjell

"Kjell Brandes" <2@brandes.tv> wrote in message
> Hi all, just started testing to use OLE objects in PB 6.5 trying to build
an
> browser using Microsoft WebBrowser Object.
>
> When doing this in Visual Basic I have no problem accessing properties or
> functions of this control but when trying to do the simplest task of them
> all in PB I'm failing on ex. "Unknown function name: navigate". When using
> objectBrowser looking at the objects properties/functions and so on in PB
it
> lists the functionname "navigate". I found an example on how to work with
IE
> in PB 7. But I don't have this version of PB thats why I'm asking this.
>
> How do I do it?
> I'm putting the object on a window in PB letting defaultname ole_1 be the
> olename. Then on the open event  for window I try to access a function
like
> this:
> ole_1.navigate("www.microsoft.com")
>
> pls, help me if you can se what I'm doing wrong!
>
> regards
> Kjell Brandes

0
Kjell